News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body filler question?

Started by 1BAD68, October 29, 2007, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

When trying to get a lazer straight panel, do you cover the entire panel in a thin film of filler like this...

1BAD68

and then block sand it all down like this...

Hemidog

looks like he got a pretty good result...

1BAD68

yep, and I'm trying to figure out if thats what he did. It looks like it but I dont know much about bodywork.

Silver R/T

I finish off body work with glazing putty. It covers tiny pinholes and deep scratches that might've been left over from 40 grit sand paper. Then you want to primer surfacer the whole area a few coats, dry sand it with 180-150 and put another couple coats and wet sand that. You should have pretty straight panel by now if you've done your blocking correctly. Another thing is that you want your block to be straight. Many times you pick up a block/file at your paint store and it will be warped from the factory. Many bodymen build their own anyways.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

kab69440

Holy cow! I thought my car had a crapload of filler on it!...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

700jfm

In the first pic. is that rust on the rear?