News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure if it's old news, Awesome F8 Hemi C500 @ Barrett-Jackson's

Started by hemi68charger, November 01, 2007, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

That makes me want to go to BJ for the first time this coming year. I've heard conflicting stories on this car. I believe it to be the same F8 green HEMI 500 that Legendary Motors had up for sale about 2 maybe 3 years ago. The stories conflict on how many miles the car actually has. One source said the 1,800 or so is correct, the other said it is probably around 3,000. Either way still a very low mileage car. I think the confusion comes in the way of how many miles are on the car versus how many on the origional engine. As the origional engine was out of the car for many years.

Troy

I'm nearly positive that's the one from my area. I saw it at a show when I was still in college and the asking price then was $60k. I finally talked to the "restorer" this year and he lives about a half mile from my parents. He told me that the guy who had it died and it's been sold several times since then (including at least three times by Legendary). I have his number so I'll check it. If it's the same car it had 406 miles on the odometer when I saw it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi68charger

Think it's the same C500 as I saw at Boerne a few years ago.. That one was supposedly the one from Legendary.....
I'll have to reference some of my pics...
Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

I'd have to check but I know that I have the fender tag information wrote down here somewhere. If it is the same car as Legendary, I wonder if anyone has replaced the washer bottle yet? It had the wrong one in it when it as at Legendary.

69_500

Guess I should have looked at the link better. Its the same car. Definately, and I'm about 90% sure its the one that Troy is thinking of as well.

Story goes that a gentleman in OH bought the car, and had it restored and then sold it to a gentleman who works at legendary. They did some work on it when he had it, then he sold it back to the same gentleman in OH. Who then sold it to legendary Motors and they sold it. First time Legendary had the car it had 800 miles on it, the next time they got it back it had 1,200 on it. I have some paperwork from then when they were listing the car for sale. A horrible copy of the broadcast sheet that is so dark you can't even make out a single code.

hemi68charger

This is the one I saw at Boerne in '05...
Troy

moparchris

If any of you aero guys are going to B-J this year let me know.  As much as it gets my fanny raw, it is in my backyard and I would be happy to meet some of you guys.  I may just break out my hemi 500 and rip off a few smokey burnouts, just to show all the snobs what a hemi car is really for!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on November 04, 2007, 10:41:40 PM
If any of you aero guys are going to B-J this year let me know.  As much as it gets my fanny raw, it is in my backyard and I would be happy to meet some of you guys.  I may just break out my hemi 500 and rip off a few smokey burnouts, just to show all the snobs what a hemi car is really for!!

:nana:  "Hey Mister, Does that thing have a Hemi?", as Chris says "Catch me if you can and find out !!"

:2thumbs:
Troy

learical1

Quote from: moparchris on November 04, 2007, 10:41:40 PM

alright, Chis, assuming I have money for tickets, I'll be there.  I'll bring the old photo album, and maybe a kid or two.
Bruce

PocketThunder

I saved all the pictures of the Green 500 that was advertised at Legendary last time.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

I've got about 15 more if you want to see them.   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Hmmmm, like I said wasn't planning on going to BJ, but man the chance to see two HEMI 500's makes it tempting.

There are quite a few things that strike me on the green one that is for sale. Pedal dress up in the interior, and the washer bottle really stand out as items that aren't right. There are more, but those two are just blatently obvious even to a non mopar person.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 05, 2007, 07:16:05 PM

Pedal dress up in the interior...really stand out as items that aren't right.

Why do you say that?  It wouldn't be the first car with it...It's just about the coolest $7 you could spend back then.

I'm really digging the F8/white stripe.  That's what the Daytona will have, with the black guts, too.  And as wrong as they are, 15" Magnum 500's look kick ass on the car. 

69_500

I mention the pedal dress up because it is one of the few things you can make out on the bad copy of the broadcast sheet for the car. I think the copy machine was messed up when they made a copy, because the white part of the sheet is semi grey, and the writing is very dark with many black patches where you can't read anything. Then again I guess not many will even pay that much attention to what is on the sheet, as long as it has one right?

hemigeno

Pedal Dress Up....

:scratchchin:

I thought that was only available through the A47 SE package - and for whatever reason '69 HemiChargers were not supposed to be available with the SE package.  If the B-cast sheet says J41, that'd be something interesting to check into a little more.  :scope:

69_500

It doesn't say it. NO J41 on that car. Like I said, its one of the few lines and boxes that I can make out on my horrible copy of the broadcast sheet for that car.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on November 07, 2007, 01:03:26 AM
Pedal Dress Up....

I thought that was only available through the A47 SE package - and for whatever reason '69 HemiChargers were not supposed to be available with the SE package.  If the B-cast sheet says J41, that'd be something interesting to check into a little more.  :scope:

So, Geno, there were no Hemi R/T SE's in '69?.... I know never say never, but that was supposed to be the norm?
Troy

69_500

I talked to Gene, and Chris both about that. But I am pretty sure that you could not get the A47 package with the HEMI engine. I would say that its about 99.999% unlikely that any HEMI RT/SE Chargers were built for the 1969 model year. Because you would think that if there was one built someone somewhere would have seen it by now.

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 07, 2007, 04:57:31 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 07, 2007, 01:03:26 AM
Pedal Dress Up....

So, Geno, there were no Hemi R/T SE's in '69?.... I know never say never, but that was supposed to be the norm?

Besides the fact that one has not surfaced yet, there are several places that make specific reference to the A47 package not being available with the Hemi in '69.  Here's one of them, taken from the 1969 Confidential Price Bulletin:

69_500

Ah papers can say what ever they want can't they?  :nana:

There is something in the Data book about it as well I do believe, and on a few other papers as well. Then again there are pages that say that you couldn't get a 500 with A/C, or with the SE package, but those pages are later corrected.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on November 07, 2007, 05:24:10 PM
Ah papers can say what ever they want can't they?  :nana:

Most definitely.  My grandfather had a saying I've remembered all these years - "It's durned poor paper that won't take ink."   :scratchchin:

69_500

:icon_smile_wink: I need to by an old type writer so that I can write up my own Factory paper work, so that there can be more paperwork that disagree's with each other.

hemigeno

Or getcha one of these and be in the Fender Tag business...   ;)

69_500