News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird, Rotten or Golden Egg? U-tube clip

Started by Wingnut426, January 20, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut426

Saw this on U-tube. Sorry if its a repeat.  A few inaccuracies. Wingnut426

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYBqerPFyc
HEMI Daytona Convertible

rainbow4jd

Quote from: Wingnut426 on January 20, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

First I've seen of it.

Pretty decent and accurate.  Nothing substantially wrong there that I would get too excited about.

NO NO NO NEVER CONVERTED BACK!   A dealer would NEVER add dollars to sell a vehicle - you just keep discounting.     Think about it... you can' t convert it back to a roadrunner without changing the front fenders and the hood, not to mention the nose.   

It's a myth!

I'll by anyone a DQ milkshake - if they can show any kind of real proof and not some "I heard about a heard about a..."

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: rainbow4jd on January 20, 2018, 10:45:34 PM

First I've seen of it.

Pretty decent and accurate.  Nothing substantially wrong there that I would get too excited about.

NO NO NO NEVER CONVERTED BACK!   A dealer would NEVER add dollars to sell a vehicle - you just keep discounting.     Think about it... you can' t convert it back to a roadrunner without changing the front fenders and the hood, not to mention the nose.   

It's a myth!

I'll by anyone a DQ milkshake - if they can show any kind of real proof and not some "I heard about a heard about a..."

I also hate when that myth is perpetuated, again, on the Barrett-Jackson telecast, Mike Joy told the ''story'' as the Hemi Superbird was going across the block... I think Magnante would have smacked him if he heard him!

Ben

hemi68charger

Quote from: rainbow4jd on January 20, 2018, 10:45:34 PM
Saw this on U-tube. Sorry if its a repeat.  A few inaccuracies. Wingnut426

First I've seen of it.

Pretty decent and accurate.  Nothing substantially wrong there that I would get too excited about.

NO NO NO NEVER CONVERTED BACK!   A dealer would NEVER add dollars to sell a vehicle - you just keep discounting.     Think about it... you can' t convert it back to a roadrunner without changing the front fenders and the hood, not to mention the nose.  

It's a myth!

For my Superbird, the myth is partially true... The car sat at the dealership for quite a while, story we have heard before... When the original owner, Mr. Aquilar, then 17, went to buy it, he noticed the wing was removed and the tops of the quarters patched and repainted. Mr. Aquilar knew what the car was and told them to put the wing back on, which they did.......... So, the myth is partially true.. The sales manager removed the wing to make it more pleasing to the eye for the general public, but then walks in a person who knows what it is and wants it put back.. My car had the original paint on it when I got it and you can plainly see where the top of the quarters had been repainted and blended in ( the paint didn't stand up to the test of time like the original paint did ).

In the picture, you can see where the paint faded and started to have surface rust...... Even the big Plymouth decal was removed at the dealership and never put back on..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rainbow4jd

No milkshake for the wing removal but I can appreciate a dealer doing anything'to move a slow unit.  I've been in the dealer business for 35 years.   But I'm NOT going to add costs (add parts and labor) to then lower the price and sell it at the same price as a roadrunner.   That's would be STUPID.

Peel off the stickers with a heat gun and bondo or quick weld the wing holes. 

farm966

I disagree. I believe the man deserves a milkshake!

rainbow4jd

OK, milkshake - but he has to come to Pittsburgh to get it!   :cheers:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: rainbow4jd on January 29, 2018, 07:16:34 PM
OK, milkshake - but he has to come to Pittsburgh to get it!   :cheers:
That wasn't in the original agreement!  :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)