News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure if it's old news, Awesome F8 Hemi C500 @ Barrett-Jackson's

Started by hemi68charger, November 01, 2007, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fandango Jeff

This may seem like a dumb question, but my '66 Charger has a different spare mount than this 69. Does the spare mount with the outside of the wheel up or the inside of the wheel up. In other words Red Line showing or down???
That car's afflicted....Naw, it just needs some alignment hygiene.

Ghoste

I'd have to go alllllllll the way out to my garage and check and I'm much to lazy at the moment, but I'm pretty sure my 67 has the spare oriented so that the redline faces down.  I will go out and check later though Jeff.

fandango Jeff

bzabodyn

Quote from: FJMG on January 03, 2008, 05:33:10 PM
I wonder if the T5 hemi 4-spd daytona will be back again. It did not meet a reserve of 500,000 at an auction a few months ago, "only" hit 420,000.

I think I saw it scheduled to be auctioned at the Mecum auction at the end of the month - the seller obviously doesn't trust a no-reserve scenario...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

FJMG

Just out of curiousity 69 500, do you have a breakdown on T5 hemi-daytonas?
Quote from: bzabodyn on January 05, 2008, 07:07:35 PM
I think I saw it scheduled to be auctioned at the Mecum auction at the end of the month
BZ

Isn't that who bought the car along with a bird at BJ last year?

69_500

I would have to do some digging to see what the break down on T5 HEMI Daytona's would be. Thats a seperate file, and I can't remember what I titled it. When Gene gets back he could probably come up with that faster than I can.

I was under the impression that the same gentleman who took the HEMI Daytona and HEMI Superbird to BJ last year went home with them. In other words no reserve or not, he bought his own cars back.

moparchris

I hope this thread isn't getting to confusing.  We started off with the f8 500, then I mentioned the t5 500 now a t5 Daytona has been brought up!! Yikes.  Here's what I know about the wing cars.  The t5 Daytona and the b5 hemi "Bird were brought to B-J last year by the same gentleman who has has the worlds largest collection of hemi 'cuda convert's.  Both cars were sold as a package deal for $420,000 to Mr. Mechum of the Mechum auto auctions.  The owner had a shill bidder set up to "protect" his cars but the shill bidder did not follow through, thus both cars selling for the $420,000 total.
I believe the t5 hemi 500 that is going to be at B-J is the black interior 4 speed car that 69 500 has the vin info for.
Does any of this help?

bzabodyn

OT - I thought the two HEMI wingcars sold for $750K at BJ last year? (Life on the Block - "Double Trouble")

And Bill Wiemann has the largest collection of HEMI cuda convertibles, iirc - so I'm guessing he was the seller?

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

69_500

Are you guys sure that Bill Weihman has a larger collection of HEMI E body convertibles than the Blakes'? Either way yes Bill was the one who was selling the cars last year at the auction.

hemigeno

I'll comment on a couple of things, with my apologies to moparchris for continuing the multiple thread hijacks  :P

Quote from: bzabodyn on January 07, 2008, 04:31:46 PM
OT - I thought the two HEMI wingcars sold for $750K at BJ last year?

:iagree:

The Barrett-Jackson website still lists the selling price at $375k, which was 1/2 of the gavel price of $750k for the HemiDaytona & HemiBird combo IIRC.

Quote from: 69_500 on January 06, 2008, 12:16:36 PM
I would have to do some digging to see what the break down on T5 HEMI Daytona's would be. Thats a seperate file, and I can't remember what I titled it. When Gene gets back he could probably come up with that faster than I can.

The breakdown I have on T5 HemiDaytonas is still only two (one auto & 1 four speed) with the 4-speed being the former Cal Anderson car which went through Barrett Jackson last year and was mentioned above (white interior).  Along a related note, I have Tim Wellborn's HemiDaytona logged as a T3 car.  Is that correct?

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on January 07, 2008, 04:47:05 PM
Are you guys sure that Bill Weihman has a larger collection of HEMI E body convertibles than the Blakes'? Either way yes Bill was the one who was selling the cars last year at the auction.

Bill sold the two Hemi wing cars at B-J 2007.

Geno, Tim's Daytona is not T5.  I think you are correct. 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

fandango Jeff

69_500

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but there is no way that HEMI 500 is going to bring $375K. Sorry it just isn't going to happen.

moparstuart

I was talking about the wing cars not the 500
I dont think a 500 has sold for more than 150k has it  ??????????

69_500

Well lets say that there was a HEMI 500 that didn't sell and it was bid up over that $150K that you posted. There was a project HEMI 4 speed car that sold for $120K last spring. Which I said at the time was stupid.

There have a been a few HEMI 500's in the past year between $150-200K range. Of those I'd say that only 1 of them was a REALLY NICE car. The others had some flaws, but everything can be fixed right?

fandango Jeff

I just said it would be OK if it brought that much, but that is not my number. I think it might do 250K if the right  2 guys are in the game......

Ghoste

I do know a little bit about one of the highest selling price 500's and the price it sold for isn't exactly the price it sold for.  Danny knows which car and why.
It's all a giant fun filled shell game for folks with big wallets. :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: fandango Jeff on January 09, 2008, 08:43:42 PM
I just said it would be OK if it brought that much, but that is not my number. I think it might do 250K if the right  2 guys are in the game......
thats a nice number but i doubt it gets anywhere near that price 150 or a little more , is more realistic .

69_500

I realize you weren't claiming it would bring that kind of a figure, more or less just saying that if it did you'd definately be happy with that. I get that part.

As far as the thinking of $250K if the right 2 people show up, that one is possible, but in my opinion isn't likely either. I'm with the thinking of $150-175K. Maybe even as high as $190K if the right people show up. Just because I haven't seen any crazy numbers lately on 500's or Daytona's or Superbirds. Now if you asked me the same question about the same car last year, or 2 years ago it would have been a different story.

fandango Jeff

If anything drives the price up (besides two crazies in the room) it will be the story and the low mileage. I am just hoping the seler is happy when they roll it off. He is a great guy and loves old Mopars. Maybe next year he will let me babysit his TA. Gonna be fun no matter what happens.
JEFF

69_500

Have you guys tried recently to contact Legendary about the broadcast sheet? I went back through my photos' of the car and there is a definate broadcast sheet to that car that was there at the time they had it. The photo I have shows the sheet, and I have a horrible photocopy of it as well. However either the toner was low, or the xerox machine was messed up as it is too dark to read hardly any of  the sheet other than the top lines with the VIN, SON, and engine and trans codes.

fandango Jeff

According to Legandary, they never advertised the car with a sheet and don't think they had one when they sold it to Mr. Davis. They did search the file and no sheet. The same salesman is still there and remembered the car and the circumstances, so thats the end of that as far as our deal . Maybe the new owner can find it.

fandango Jeff

Can you send a scan to me of the photo or the bad copy you have???