News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure if it's old news, Awesome F8 Hemi C500 @ Barrett-Jackson's

Started by hemi68charger, November 01, 2007, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Legendary isn't a fly by night shop so it seems a little strange that they would lose or even forget they had it in the first place.  Something strange about that to me.

fandango Jeff

I think they sold it twice, so maybe it got lost in the shuffle......
That car's afflicted....Naw, it just needs some alignment hygiene.

69_500

Your correct they did have the car 2 seperate times. I will go back and dig up the folder that I have on the car. It includes a magazine article about the car as well if I remember correctly. I think the first time Legendary had the car it had around 500-700 miles on the car. Then when the got it back the second time it had approximately 400 more miles on the car.

I talked to them both times they had the car.

fandango Jeff

Well, the car made it to Barrett...now all we have to do is sell it..
JEFF

hemigeno

Glad the car made it there alright, and hopefully I can watch a few hours of the coverage over the weekend (probably during the never-ending stream of BB Corvettes).  I'm just curious, but did the auction contract with B-J require "No Reserve" terms yet again?

It seems like sooner or later the lustre will wear off of B-J's star and they'll have to start acting like a regular auction house again in order to get the primo cars.

:scratchchin:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on January 14, 2008, 02:44:01 PM
Glad the car made it there alright, and hopefully I can watch a few hours of the coverage over the weekend (probably during the never-ending stream of BB Corvettes).  I'm just curious, but did the auction contract with B-J require "No Reserve" terms yet again?

It seems like sooner or later the lustre will wear off of B-J's star and they'll have to start acting like a regular auction house again in order to get the primo cars.

:scratchchin:
I was thinking that also, several people lost there asses last year. The pink and green cuda's sold as a pair,  sold for what just one of them was bought for / worth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

fandango Jeff

Yes, NO RESERVE....The owner is an old wildcatter, so he will take his chances...
JEFF

bzabodyn

Well, I can tell you that it definitely doesn't help its cause that there is another C500 HEMI there... always nice to be the only one of your kind at an auction like this..

BUT, what it does have going for it is that it is going after the other C500 on the dockett... so I guess we'll see...

I think because of the mileage/history, it deserves $200K, but I doubt it gets it (unless the other one goes for $175K+, then it definitely will)...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

fandango Jeff

69_500

Well the other HEMI 500 that is up for auction has one plus going for it that the green one doesn't, its a 4 speed car. However the negative for the other HEMI 500 is that it is not a numbers matching car, as it has/had a 1967 HEMI block in it the last time I saw the car.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 14, 2008, 07:24:47 PM
Well the other HEMI 500 that is up for auction has one plus going for it that the green one doesn't, its a 4 speed car. However the negative for the other HEMI 500 is that it is not a numbers matching car, as it has/had a 1967 HEMI block in it the last time I saw the car.

what color is the other one,  dark green is not the best color for this one !   

fandango Jeff

The other one is T-5 Copper. Green cars have been selling very high compared to a few years ago. They changed the lighting at Barrett and they look very good in that light. We will see. Leaving tomorrow.

69_500

Not really sure which one is a plus or a minus as far as color combination goes. F8 green vs. T5 bronze? Hmmmmmm, I call that one a toss up.

moparstuart

yeah not much diff in popularity maybe a slight edge to the T5

69_500

10 years ago both cars would have been painted black or red to go to an auction house, even though they aren't supposed to be those colors.

MsMopar

69_500

All of the 500's are coded V88 which is for stripe delete. I think that is what he is refering too.

MsMopar

I figured he knew that. Just wondering if he had any witnesses to whether it had the stripe at the dealership when it was new or not. I still wonder if any C-500's were truely stripe delete other than mine (disregarding the code). MsMopar

moparchris

Ms. Mopar, I believe my 500 was a true stripe delete car.  Pictures I have of it with the original paint show it with no stripe.  The pictures are from the second owners here in Phx.

MsMopar

Cool. Did it have 500 numbers even though there was no stripe, or was there nothing on the sides? MsMopar

learical1

Quote from: moparchris on January 17, 2008, 07:20:00 PM
Ms. Mopar, I believe my 500 was a true stripe delete car.  Pictures I have of it with the original paint show it with no stripe.  The pictures are from the second owners here in Phx.

True, it had no stripe when my brother and I had it.  I'm not 100% sure that the previous owner (Dennis Storm?) was the original purchaser. 
Bruce

moparchris

Bruce,
I think Dennis Storm was the original owner.  My buddy that I bought the car from spoke to Dennis who still lived in the same house in Glendale told him he bought it new.  Of course as soon as I tried to get a hold of Dennis he apparently moved after 35 years and I can't track him down to see if he has any pictures or stories to share :'(

learical1

Quote from: moparchris on January 18, 2008, 01:12:21 PM
Bruce,
I think Dennis Storm was the original owner.  My buddy that I bought the car from spoke to Dennis who still lived in the same house in Glendale told him he bought it new.  Of course as soon as I tried to get a hold of Dennis he apparently moved after 35 years and I can't track him down to see if he has any pictures or stories to share :'(

At least I share my photos.   :yesnod:
Bruce

69_500

MsMopar, did you ever come accross any older photo's of your car that show it not having the stripe on it? I know we talked about the stripe a few years back at the Mopar Nationals, but haven't really heard much from you since then.

69_500

So how worried is the owner of the F8 car now that the T5 car went for $110K? The lower cost on the T5 one is due to the non numbers engine if you ask me, and its not as detailed as the F8 car. However it does have the plus side of being a 4 speed car though. If the price is reflective to the future price of the F8 car  then it looks like it will be around the $140-160K range. Probably on the low side. There isn't nearly the following for the 500's as the Daytona or Superbird. Which is obvious when a 4bbl Superbird sold for more than a HEMI 4 speed 500. Although that 4 bbl Bird was very nice looking. Wish they would do more detail shots during the auction though.