News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Prices Falling?

Started by wingfan, November 03, 2007, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingfan

Yikes!  The Adelman Superbird (www.adelman.com/superbird) sold for $130,000.   I can live with a bench seat, column automatic when the car is a real six barrel (matching numbers) and Vitamin C Orange.  If the car is as good as the pictures indicate then this was a very good deal.  It started out at $150,000 about a year ago.

69_500

Looks like someone got a pretty good deal. I think that the R4 red Daytona on ebay is probably going to end up somewhere close to the same figure. Which is how prices in the 80's were, a 6 pac bird, and a AT Daytona were always neck in neck.

BigBlockSam

wing car prices are down big time . there are several birds for sale in the 80k region
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

And you haven't picked one up yet? I would figure you could find an Alpine white one now in your price range?

BigBlockSam

most of the money i had saved for my wing car is gone. bills and some medical expenses ate it up. if you can find me a wing car for about 20k i can swing it. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

The70RT

If Troy gets his 68 Hemi done he may be able to almost sell his and get one. I seen a 70 Hemi Charger on eBay just go off for 111K. I would probably opted for Troys over it. I guess if the Yellow Daytona had a Hemi It would have went for a lot more.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

hopefully i'll have my daytona done this yr . still want a real bird though  :drool5:

69_500

Same boat for me. I had about $60K saved up to go towards a Daytona and kept watching the prices continue to spiral away from my money. So I gave in to a few things and we got some bills payed off, and some things updated around the house. Which in turn makes the wife happy, which is the only way that I'll ever get a wing car is if she is happy too. Now i see the prices coming back down, and now the money I was saving is starting to dwindle away.

41husk

I would not mind even getting a clone, but I am now saving for a new house :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

62 Max

Quote from: wingfan on November 03, 2007, 11:21:43 AM
Yikes!  The Adelman Superbird (www.adelman.com/superbird) sold for $130,000.   I can live with a bench seat, column automatic when the car is a real six barrel (matching numbers) and Vitamin C Orange.  If the car is as good as the pictures indicate then this was a very good deal.  It started out at $150,000 about a year ago.

If you haven't noticed,all the prices are dropping.Maybe common sense is finally coming into play.i

BigBlockSam

Quotenow saving for a new house   

:yesnod: me too, i want to build my dream garage .gotta keep the wife happy and build her her dream house . she's my biggest supporter .Rene

BigBlockSam

69bronzeT5

Its time Troy, its time! The magic 8 ball predicted it!!! :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 03, 2007, 01:25:44 PM
most of the money i had saved for my wing car is gone. bills and some medical expenses ate it up. if you can find me a wing car for about 20k i can swing it. Rene

:iagree: :iagree: :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on November 03, 2007, 02:54:17 PM
If Troy gets his 68 Hemi done he may be able to almost sell his and get one. I seen a 70 Hemi Charger on eBay just go off for 111K. I would probably opted for Troys over it. I guess if the Yellow Daytona had a Hemi It would have went for a lot more.

I hope so, but everything's proportional.. If the wing cars are coming down, so are the hemi cars..... It's all relative.. But, with that being said, I may get close with a finished '68........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rnjump

I can remember seeing a blue superbird on the dealers lot back when I was maybe 10 years old and have always wanted one since. Two years ago there was one at the street machine nats that was the wrong color, auto on the column that I could have bought for 80k. I still can't afford it but if given a month or so I could unload a couple of cars and acquire my dream car.      I have always been an AMX guy as I have owned about a dozen but am ready to jump ship. Any body out there have any leads? Thanks for the website!!

nakita7

pettybird

114K RNM isn't 'cheap' for a 440 car either...

no sense in getting worked up over this.  give it two years.  you'll have a whole new batch of people whining about how they didn't get in in winter '07. 

Ghoste

Quote from: pettybird on November 04, 2007, 08:11:44 PM
no sense in getting worked up over this.  give it two years.  you'll have a whole new batch of people whining about how they didn't get in in winter '07. 

Yep.  I wouldn't use that 70 Hemi car on e-bay as a barometer either.  Without seeing it I can't really comment but it could have been either a heavily optioned concour's perfect car or the price could be a fluke or who knows what else.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 08, 2007, 03:20:27 AM

Yep.  I wouldn't use that 70 Hemi car on e-bay as a barometer either.  Without seeing it I can't really comment but it could have been either a heavily optioned concour's perfect car or the price could be a fluke or who knows what else.
all real hemi's will alway stay higher
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on November 08, 2007, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 08, 2007, 03:20:27 AM

all real hemi's will alway stay higher

I hope so.. I could use it for a wing......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

I agree that all real Hemi's will always be higher, they always have been.  I wouldn't use the selling price of a car I haven't seen and a transaction I didn't witness as an ironclad indicator of average selling values was more my point. 

wingfan

There was a Superbird and Daytona, both EV2, at the October Branson collector car auction.  They looked like #1 cars from the pics, but you never know unless you check them out in person.  The Bird was bid up to $130k and the Daytona to $127k.  No sale on both and I don't know what the reserves were. 

62 Max

Here is a real Hemi car.Whats this one worth? :o

69_500

I'll give ya a handful of $1's for that one. JK

Real HEMI's, and Real Wingcars will always be a little higher than other cars. But that doesn't mean they will always be sky high. I remember times when wing cars were in the $3,500 range, but at the same time a 69 Charger R/T would have been around $1,500-2,000

daytonalo

MAMA , I CANT SEE THE ROAD !!!!!!!! I THINK THE TIRES IN THE WRONG SPOT !!!!!!

Ghoste

I'll bet it's worth a whole lot more than a slant six car in similar condition.  ;)

62 Max

That car,one of 39 has sat where you see it since it was last raced in 1969.Has 6,021 miles.

daytonalo

Ghoste

Since 1969?  Sorry for the hijack but there must be a story behind it.  It's very sad to me that it has sat there all this time.

The70RT

Did they have white letter tires like that in 69?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69_500

Appears to be the same car 62 Max is it? I'm assuming there is a really long story that goes along with why it has been parked there for that long.

62 Max

Was bought new by two brothers in 1966 and raced for two years.Sold to a friend of mine that thought it was streetable,wasn't.He sold it to his brother who pulled the motor,removed the Crane roller cam and a lot of other race parts.Never put it back together.Motor is in an old shed [ chicken coop ] about 20ft from the car.The owner is in his 50's,never married and has no need for money.Just can't seem to let it go.Been trying to buy it since 1988,maybe someday.

Ghoste

6,000 miles seems high for a drag car that was only ran for two years.  How did the mileage get to that point?  Did your buddy try to drive it often or his brother?  Pics of it racing? (you see what you've started now?  :laugh:)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on November 12, 2007, 04:39:05 AM
6,000 miles seems high for a drag car that was only ran for two years.  How did the mileage get to that point?  Did your buddy try to drive it often or his brother?  Pics of it racing? (you see what you've started now?  :laugh:)

Maybe back then they drove it to and from the track.  but then he said it wasnt streetable.. Hmm :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

62 Max

Most were put on the first 6mo before it was raced.