News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Prices Falling?

Started by wingfan, November 03, 2007, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

MAMA , I CANT SEE THE ROAD !!!!!!!! I THINK THE TIRES IN THE WRONG SPOT !!!!!!

Ghoste

I'll bet it's worth a whole lot more than a slant six car in similar condition.  ;)

62 Max

That car,one of 39 has sat where you see it since it was last raced in 1969.Has 6,021 miles.

daytonalo

Ghoste

Since 1969?  Sorry for the hijack but there must be a story behind it.  It's very sad to me that it has sat there all this time.

The70RT

Did they have white letter tires like that in 69?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69_500

Appears to be the same car 62 Max is it? I'm assuming there is a really long story that goes along with why it has been parked there for that long.

62 Max

Was bought new by two brothers in 1966 and raced for two years.Sold to a friend of mine that thought it was streetable,wasn't.He sold it to his brother who pulled the motor,removed the Crane roller cam and a lot of other race parts.Never put it back together.Motor is in an old shed [ chicken coop ] about 20ft from the car.The owner is in his 50's,never married and has no need for money.Just can't seem to let it go.Been trying to buy it since 1988,maybe someday.

Ghoste

6,000 miles seems high for a drag car that was only ran for two years.  How did the mileage get to that point?  Did your buddy try to drive it often or his brother?  Pics of it racing? (you see what you've started now?  :laugh:)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on November 12, 2007, 04:39:05 AM
6,000 miles seems high for a drag car that was only ran for two years.  How did the mileage get to that point?  Did your buddy try to drive it often or his brother?  Pics of it racing? (you see what you've started now?  :laugh:)

Maybe back then they drove it to and from the track.  but then he said it wasnt streetable.. Hmm :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

62 Max

Most were put on the first 6mo before it was raced.