News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New to site: Superbird or Daytona Clone. Which to Build?

Started by dillon14, November 04, 2007, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 14, 2007, 08:06:33 PM
Yea, cupcake.  I was referring to you.

:rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:   Dammit the more i read this section of the site the more i want to start my own clone.  Lets see..... Danes wing, your nosecone,..... dont need a window plug :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

hotrod98

Just talked to Howie regardng re-borrowing his Janek nose as well as his front valance. He said no problem. I had them here at my old shop for quite a while but never had the time to do anything with them. Everything's different now. I have a lot more time since leaving the dealership and I now have 6000 sq ft of shop space to work out of.
I also have a set of steel repro headlamp buckets. Would be nice if my fab shop could build them. They might be a little time consuming though which would run the price up. Might just have them punch the parts out flat and I'll build a form to shape them.
The problem with copying the z-braces is that all I have at my disposal (Howie's) is one set of Janek fiberglass versions and one set of rough older plain steel versions. I would love to have a set of originals or a set of correct reproductions to make repros as dimensionally accurate as possible. I'll probably just see if the fab shop can use both sets to come up with something that would work.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

dillon14

Quote from: daytonalo on November 14, 2007, 08:59:01 PM
I have trunk hinges and A-pillar trim

Can someone tell me what the A-Pillar trim is?

Is it specific to the Daytona?

Thanks

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

dillon14

Also, can you use the automatic console if you are going to convert to a console with a 4-speed?

1969 Boss 429

hotrod98

Quote from: dillon14 on November 14, 2007, 09:44:19 PM

Can someone tell me what the A-Pillar trim is?

Is it specific to the Daytona?

Thanks

The A-pillar trims are the stainless steel moldings on the windshield pillars. Superbirds have similar pieces as well.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

These a-pillar trims are actually superbird pieces on a Daytona clone. The Daytona versions don't have the screws on the face area.

Charles Addams

dillon14

Were these specific to the Daytonas and birds only? Are they being reproduced? Thanks

1969 Boss 429

hotrod98

Larry builds these items. And, they are top notch. I should know, I have both.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Thanks for the plug ! Your Braces are top notch as well !!!

learical1

Quote from: daytonalo on November 14, 2007, 11:41:49 PM
Thanks for the plug ! Your Braces are top notch as well !!!

Will his teeth be straight soon? :icon_smile_question: :smilielol:
Bruce

daytonalo

learical1

Bruce

A383Wing

Quote from: daytonalo on November 15, 2007, 12:59:01 AM
Leave the comedy to me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you would make more money at comedy.......well, maybe not.....don't quit yer day job.

Bryan
   :popcrn:

dillon14

Quote from: dillon14 on November 14, 2007, 09:48:02 PM
Also, can you use the automatic console if you are going to convert to a console with a 4-speed?

How about this question?

1969 Boss 429

Howie

daytonalo was building the a pillars at one time for daytonas. He may be making some more sets cause he sure aint no comedian. :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Quote from: dillon14 on November 15, 2007, 05:55:20 AM
Quote from: dillon14 on November 14, 2007, 09:48:02 PM

How about this question?

Hey Dillon, you sure can.  Follow along what this guy (Jet) did with his console.  http://www.69hemi.com/interior.html

Click on the console button.   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

i still need some a pillars chromes from you  just broke
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 14, 2007, 09:30:54 PM
Just talked to Howie regardng re-borrowing his Janek nose as well as his front valance. He said no problem. I had them here at my old shop for quite a while but never had the time to do anything with them. Everything's different now. I have a lot more time since leaving the dealership and I now have 6000 sq ft of shop space to work out of.
I also have a set of steel repro headlamp buckets. Would be nice if my fab shop could build them. They might be a little time consuming though which would run the price up. Might just have them punch the parts out flat and I'll build a form to shape them.
The problem with copying the z-braces is that all I have at my disposal (Howie's) is one set of Janek fiberglass versions and one set of rough older plain steel versions. I would love to have a set of originals or a set of correct reproductions to make repros as dimensionally accurate as possible. I'll probably just see if the fab shop can use both sets to come up with something that would work.
i need a nose(fiberglass will do for my car) and all the steel guts you can make  so put me down for them if you go into production .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1968 Charger B5

The top plate on the 4 spd is different, main console should work.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

dillon14

Here's the first step of my Daytona project. Inspiration!!!  :2thumbs:

1969 Boss 429

hotrod98

...and just like most daytona clones...the headlamps don't even open.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

A383Wing

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 15, 2007, 07:44:05 PM
...and just like most daytona clones...the headlamps don't even open.  :icon_smile_big:

Hey, mine do...as original.....so there!   :rofl:

Bryan

hotrod98

Hopefully, when all is said and done, the headlamps on my daytona clone will work right.
My wife's bird clone on the other hand is a different story. She doesn't want to spend the grand for the good headlamp parts so we're placing the small rectangulars in the grille opening as originally planned.

Charles Addams