News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New to site: Superbird or Daytona Clone. Which to Build?

Started by dillon14, November 04, 2007, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Quote from: moparstuart on November 06, 2007, 09:03:35 AM
what ever floats your boat

Nothing to do with boats. It has to do with reality and fact.  :icon_smile_wink:

moparstuart

Quote from: Chris G. on November 06, 2007, 09:13:26 AM

Nothing to do with boats. It has to do with reality and fact.  :icon_smile_wink:
ok but in the reall world your the only one i have ever heard with that opinion   your opinoin is yours but not realistic
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Chris G. on November 06, 2007, 08:15:53 AM
Quote from: dillon14 on November 04, 2007, 07:25:32 PM
Am I right in assuming that I will need to purchase a 69 Charger to get started?

If you want a REAL clone (huh), then yes, a '69 Charger is needed. If you want to do a created car that never existed, then using a '70 is another way to do it. I don't consider any '70 Chargers with wings to be clones. They are created cars.

i personally agree with Chris G on this except, i call them clowns! if ma mopar didnt build it it cant be cloned IMO. i used to have a 68 satellite convertible done up to look like a factory 68 rr vert, i called it a clown because chrysler didnt build a 68 rr convertible ,but what i built was in my eyes, just how they would have ,if they did.

.......but anyway back on point, if you want to build a clone 69 daytona , where you could fool most people other than the #s it will be cheaper most likely do find a 69 rather than a 70. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

you called your own car a clown car ? really . i find that kinda wierd.

did a bunch of little guys in costumes come running out of it everytime you parked it.  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 06, 2007, 12:08:46 PM

did a bunch of little guys in costumes come running out of it everytime you parked it.  :lol:

how many of them could you jam in it  ?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 06, 2007, 12:08:46 PM

I didnt call it a clown car ! i called it a "CLOWN" and you would be surprised of the places it will fit!! :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

i guess several people have done recreations of 70 daytona's  i'm just cloning there's then

pettybird

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 06, 2007, 12:57:12 PM
and you would be surprised of the places it will fit!! :D

hell of a lifestyle you live there, buddy...

BigBlockSam

Charger-Bodie

I won't be wronged, I won't be Insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

:nana:

dillon14

Are you guys just BSing  :nana: with each other or do you really not like one another?  :flame:

Just wondering.  :shruggy:

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

Charger-Bodie

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dillon14 on November 06, 2007, 02:38:47 PM
Are you guys just BSing  :nana: with each other or do you really not like one another?  :flame:

thats a good question!!!

daytonalo

CANT WE ALL JUST PLAY NICELY NICE ???????????? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: dillon14 on November 06, 2007, 02:38:47 PM

They are BSing.  :popcrn:  I've met both and both are stand up guys  :2thumbs:

Larry on the other hand i have not met, so i dont know about that guy, but i think he needs a hug   :icon_smile_big:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dillon14

I just purchased my 1969 Charger. I will post photos when I get home and get your opinion on what I spent.

1969 Boss 429

BigBlockSam

hey, i'm just messing with you. please don't take it wrong. i mean no insult . we always bust each others balls.  :cheers:

Beep Beep Dave

I've kinda always wanted to build a '70 Daytona clone/creation whatever. Would be a 440 Six Pack 4-speed  3:54 dana car, sunroof, pw, performance hood paint, wheel lip mouldings, standard charcoal interior with console, wood wheel, am 8 track, tach etc. Was thinking FY1 but can't go wrong with EV2, or even FE5.
The Watermelon car was pretty cool too but already been done.
I was thinking of just running the pinstripes instead of the big Daytona stripe....ahh we'll see. I am a few years away from even thinking about such a big project. For now I will just have to keep collecting the parts ;) while keeping an eye out for an affordable Wing Car....is there such a thing :rofl:

Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

dillon14

Here are the photos and info on the 6 Charge I just purchased. I paid $6900 for the Car. What do you guys think? Did I do OK?

1969 Dodge Charger with a 440 cubic inch engine. The Charger runs and drives. However, it does need restoration. With a little time and effort this will be one amazing car! We bought it with the intentions of restoring it but unfortunately we have several others that we also are restoring and haven't found the time to do this one also. The Charger is solid with very little rust, car is in currently in primer and needs small amount of body work to be ready to paint.

1969 Boss 429

PocketThunder

Quote from: dillon14 on November 06, 2007, 04:53:07 PM
Here are the photos and info on the 6 Charge I just purchased. I paid $6900 for the Car. What do you guys think? Did I do OK?

1969 Dodge Charger with a 440 cubic inch engine. The Charger runs and drives. However, it does need restoration. With a little time and effort this will be one amazing car! We bought it with the intentions of restoring it but unfortunately we have several others that we also are restoring and haven't found the time to do this one also. The Charger is solid with very little rust, car is in currently in primer and needs small amount of body work to be ready to paint.

Looks like you did alright Dillon.  Are you going to make this one into a Daytona then?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dillon14

1969 Boss 429

BigBlockSam

thats a cool car  :2thumbs:

at a real good price too . make sure ya post pics . Rene