News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint color and style on rearview mirror and visor bracket

Started by Spartan, September 29, 2005, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Mine is a little scuffed up and needs a new paint job.  The bracket holding the mirror to the roof looks silver but also seems to have a little texture to it.  Does anyone know what color and style of paint is on those items?  I want to get this done this weekend.

Thanks.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Drop Top

As long as you use a scuff pad to scuff before painting you will not loose that slight textured feel/look. For color dull aluminum or Alumablast from Eastwoods is very close to original.

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

Bought a couple different cans to get the closest color and it looks pretty good.  I lost a little detail when my 6 year old threw a gardening rake on top of my freshly painted part.....I was a little fired up about it.  With sanding and another layer of paint I lost a little definition.

What I do need now is the screw for the mirror.  Theone I have is rusty and the local screw houses never seen a tapered allen head like that. Does anyone sell screw kits like that?

Thanks.