News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drag shocks on the street

Started by Ghoste, September 30, 2005, 05:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I'm going to do it anyway because a couple of you said it's okay.  But still, I have to wonder if there is a downside to using these Comp Engineering 3 ways on the street (rear shocks only)? 

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on September 30, 2005, 05:04:54 AM
I'm going to do it anyway because a couple of you said it's okay.   But still, I have to wonder if there is a downside to using these Comp Engineering 3 ways on the street (rear shocks only)?  

No downside really....just a nice firm ride and greater adjustability  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

They look so much lighter duty with the smaller diameter main body and just the rod extending from the other end with a shell around it.  Good to know.

Chryco Psycho

fronts can be an issue with the 90/10 setting , can get hard to control on rough surfaces

Ghoste

No I have rears only.  They still have the big disclaimer on the box about race use only but I imagine the same box is used for a number of shocks.  Or, as you say, if someone is running an adjustable on the street and it is biased for the track it does do some bizarre things to handling.