News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gereration guys, Please help!

Started by 71 RT, October 03, 2005, 09:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 RT

I was wondering if anyone out there can help answer the following questions.  On the 3rd gereration cars, the enblem that is in the dash, right above the glove box (where the air cond. vents come out of the dash) shows the kind of Charger you own.  It says either Charger, or Charger 500, or Charger R/T, you know what I mean!  My question is this, should this emblem be "chrome" in appearance?  I have seen it in black, and in Chrome both.  Before you answer, please let me explaing.  I have seen emblems on low mileage (original)cars that appear to be perfect in the color of the "R/T', a rich full red, and it looked like the dash woodgrain and everything was perfect, but the word "Charger" was in black plastic.  I know that there are services that will "rechrome and paint" these emblems, which makes me think it should be chromed, with the "R/T" in Red.  ANyone know for sure?   Anyone out there ever see an OEM dash emble, what do they look like?  I appreciate any information or pictures you might have relating to this. 
71RT

ramit

I know what you mean.  I always thought that the black ones were just old ones that the chrome had rubbed off over time.

RD

the charger should be painted silver, the R/T, 500 badging will be in red.  The SE badging will be silver as well as the "charger". There are some badging that even has Magnum on it, and yes that should be red also.  hope this helps.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71 RT

Thanks, I would appreciate it if anyone has a picture of an NOS part, if you have one.