News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need some serious help/advice please *UPDATE*

Started by AirborneSilva, September 30, 2005, 06:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

I truly am getting sick of these posts.  This company definately has to go under.  I cannot believe how with so many complaints they still are.
I hate to hear new members who got scammed because of these guys.

One word of advice......do your homework albeit too late I'm afraid. :(

On another note welcome to the site :cheers:

PS---happen to have the VIN/fender tag info to add to the registry?

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 01, 2005, 02:16:19 AM
I truly am getting sick of these posts.   This company definately has to go under.   I cannot believe how with so many complaints they still are.
I hate to hear new members who got scammed because of these guys.

One word of advice......do your homework albeit too late I'm afraid. :(

On another note welcome to the site :cheers:

PS---happen to have the VIN/fender tag info to add to the registry?

www.1969chargerregistry.com

I will be filling out the Registry as soon as I have a permenat address.  We will hopefully have a house soon, living with the in-laws sucks

cudaken

Like I said Tony, it can be fixed.

Few of mine.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BigBlockSam

remember it's a high optioned, real r/t . it's worth fixing. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

RECHRGD

Airborn, sorry to hear about yours and others dealings with these criminals.  I guess I've just been lucky over the years and have never been taken. 
I did inspect my car before buying it and am scared to death of E-Bay.  I guess that's what has saved me.  These people really need to be taken down hard.  What part of Hawaii are you moving from?  I used to live there and I knew a guy that had a blue '68 GTX on Oahu.  He worked at a generator shop on SILVA St. in beautiful downtown Kalihi.      ::) ::)          Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Telvis

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

AirborneSilva

Hey cudaken, ?  ?thanks for the pics, they do make me feel mo bettah ? :icon_smile_big: and feel as if there is hope for my charger. ? That first pic is a pile of rust for sure! ? Is this pic a pic of your new rear frame rails you installed?

Thanks again for all your help and support, I will try to post some pics up in the body and paint section soon.  I took a few today and will be filing a complaint with e-bay using the pictures I took along with my screen shots of the e-bay add describing the car.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RECHRGD on October 01, 2005, 02:49:31 PM
Airborn, sorry to hear about yours and others dealings with these criminals.   I guess I've just been lucky over the years and have never been taken.  
I did inspect my car before buying it and am scared to death of E-Bay.   I guess that's what has saved me.   These people really need to be taken down hard.   What part of Hawaii are you moving from?   I used to live there and I knew a guy that had a blue '68 GTX on Oahu.   He worked at a generator shop on SILVA St. in beautiful downtown Kalihi.         ::) ::)               Bob

Thanks Bob, I lived on Oahu and know exactly where SILVA St. is  :icon_smile_big: not in the best part of the island that for sure!!!  I didn't see too many MOPAR's running around the island, most of them island boys are into chebies along with a few fords and the 4 wheelers were into toyotas, I personally have and love my Jeep Rubicon - we are a MOPAR family since the wife has a liberty  ;)

AirborneSilva

RECHRGD

Airborn, I was over there  a couple of months ago and saw a '69 Road Runner going down Kalanianoli Hwy that was in show condition. 
It blows me away to see these cars over there still in tact. The new cars start rusting by the time you get them home.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AirborneSilva on October 01, 2005, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 01, 2005, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: RD on September 30, 2005, 12:29:30 PM
awaiting for troy to chime in  :popcrn:
:iagree:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing  :shruggy:
It's good for you, bad for them.
Troy has been about 38 rounds with the HLPAG schmucks in the past, with a nice looooong copy of their many verbal bashings.

It does suck that you've been added to their VERY long list of victims, but as some have said, at least you got a real R/T from the deal, most don't even get that.

Bull, me too!! I knew it before I even got my finger on the button. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RECHRGD on October 01, 2005, 10:01:54 PM
Airborn, I was over there   a couple of months ago and saw a '69 Road Runner going down Kalanianoli Hwy that was in show condition.  
It blows me away to see these cars over there still in tact. The new cars start rusting by the time you get them home.     Bob

The wife told me a couple of months ago, after I told her I was looking to buy a charger to restore, that she had seen one, not a new one but a second gen car, going down Kam Hwy.  I never have that good of luck  >:(

AirborneSilva

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 01, 2005, 10:46:32 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on October 01, 2005, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 01, 2005, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: RD on September 30, 2005, 12:29:30 PM
awaiting for troy to chime in   :popcrn:
:iagree:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing   :shruggy:
It's good for you, bad for them.
Troy has been about 38 rounds with the HLPAG schmucks in the past, with a nice looooong copy of their many verbal bashings.

It does suck that you've been added to their VERY long list of victims, but as some have said, at least you got a real R/T from the deal, most don't even get that.

Bull, me too!! I knew it before I even got my finger on the button. :rotz:

Awesome, broher Troy where you be  ??? give these peices of whale crap hell.....

Charger_Fan

By the way, those look like Mustang front seats...67-68 vintage. :scope:

Sell them to some Ferd guy as NOS/428SCJ seats. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AirborneSilva

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 01, 2005, 11:49:25 PM
By the way, those look like Mustang front seats...67-68 vintage. :scope:

Sell them to some Ferd guy as NOS/428SCJ seats. :D

Now that's too funny, I told the wife that they looked like mustang seats.  Yeah maybe I can sell them, they are not in real bad shape  :icon_smile:

AirborneSilva

for those of you who have been following this thread, I have posted some pics in the paint and body section, here is the link

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html

Wakko

Ok, I posted in your other thread, I just saw this one.  The woman you're wanting to contact goes by DUNREINING on here paintstallions@hotmail.com is her email.  Not sure whatever happened with her.

I remember seeing this ebay ad, you can tell somethin' aint right by the fenders and the fact that you can see light through the taillight holes.  Those assholes are doing their best to kill this hobby.  I think they are doing Mustangs now since so many of the Charger community is wise to their dealings. 

Keep us updated and post more pics when you can.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Arthu®

Looking at the stance of the car, is there really an engine in there?
Striving for world domination since 1986

Wakko

They probably scrounged up a more obscure big block and threw it in just to make the "deal" seem sweeter. Rusted solid 413 or something similar perhaps?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

AirborneSilva

Yeah it does have a motor in it but I have no idea what it is, other then I'm sure it's not a 440 and yeah it could quite possibly be nothing but rust inside.  they did paint it, but they painted right over grease and all  ::) fricken ass'

wakko, thanks for the info on that lady, I will get in contact with her.

CB

man, I feel sorry for you.
Welcome by the way :cheers:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

AirborneSilva

Quote from: CB on October 02, 2005, 12:23:23 PM
man, I feel sorry for you.
Welcome by the way :cheers:

Thanks, I am feeling a little better about things but am still pissed I was lied to (or I guess I should say taken)....

LivedodgeItaly

...sorry for you..HLPAG did it again!!!! .... Wakko gave you the right address of the woman who got "Hlpaged" like you..
contact her and let us know what happens..... Welcome by the way
( I don't have a charger but will never buy one from'em)   Andrea

AirborneSilva

Here's an update, I was able to contact the lady who got taken by these con artists too (thank you Wakko for her e-mail address), here is what I got back from her;

"Well,

I was lied to about the car I biught, I am still waiting on parts they said they would send me and I havent recieved,  They sent me a bad title, and so forth, I am guessing we can try and get a civial class action lawsuit but you need to find as many people as possible, I am willing to join in if you try and do anything,"

Going through e-bay's process they want you to at least attempt to settle things with the seller so we will be sending them a nasty e-mail detailing the extent of the damage to the car and pointing out where there add was particulary deceiving, we will also be getting in contact with the AG in illinois along with the better business bureau.  I know that some will  say that I need to get a lawyer, I wish I could but they are not free and we are not in the position to put out a few thousand right now (I've already done that), so this is the route we have to go.