News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***FOUND*** Wingcars old Daytona!

Started by Beep Beep Dave, November 06, 2007, 03:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

69_500

Quote from: daytonalo on November 22, 2007, 01:42:40 AM
It sold for a small fortune !!!!!

But yet is the same ball park figure that your thinking you can get for a clone? HMMMMM which one seems WRONG.

nascarxx29

You cant deny its originality.It had the original fanbelts on it. I lendt out to be duplicated.It had a chrysler issue oil filter white and blue .Not the goldline from assembly.I did have a turn key 4 speed daytona as a loaner.To distract me from messing with mine.Mine was all intact and ran under its own power with original plug wires etc etc.I didnt start life like this Al junkyard daytona and get reborn.And hope to see my cars completed pictures .As seen in the back in the day picture

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

The market has changed dramatically in the last year ! On that note I have yet to see a right Daytona clone with operating headlights and just done right

nascarxx29

You will also find many original wingcars where the headlights cant stay down for any period of time.And the headlight doors warp and the headlight door gaps are inconsistent.

daytonalo

That because DOT mandated that all cars with hidden headlights must have their headlight doors spring loaded to pull them open at all times with vacuum pulling them shut ! You'll see Daytona -Superbird with open doors at a car show because their is a vacuum leak , bad canister or vacuum pod is leaking . Bottom line most owners are clueless about why this happens !As far as headlight doors out of alignment , that is why I redesigned the pivots , orig type most likely was designed by third grader !!! :icon_smile_big:

Larry

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: daytonalo on November 23, 2007, 08:46:05 AM
That because DOT mandated that all cars with hidden headlights must have their headlight doors spring loaded to pull them open at all times with vacuum pulling them shut ! You'll see Daytona -Superbird with open doors at a car show because their is a vacuum leak , bad canister or vacuum pod is leaking . Bottom line most owners are clueless about why this happens !As far as headlight doors out of alignment , that is why I redesigned the pivots , orig type most likely was designed by third grader !!! :icon_smile_big:

Larry

Man I would just like to see the estimate for the money if you were ever to build a bridge to get over yourself. Can you imagine the engineering involved? You sir are a piece of work....and then some :hah:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Troy

My thoughts exactly. Those third graders did more with a pencil and a slide rule than most people could hope to accomplish in a lifetime. As for the owners, I haven't met one yet that hadn't forgotten more about wing cars than some loudmouths will ever know. Ok, there's that ONE guy but he's the exception. :P I'm just hoping that Larry gets his car done sometime before I'm eligible for Social Security so I can see how things should have been done. If Chrysler took this long to engineer a product they'd have never won a race.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

daytonalo

Beep Beep Dave

Words aren't a problem for me as much as coming across an uncontrolled ego. Like I said you are too much :hah:

BTW just for the record, Dave's old Daytona wasn't worth the asking price but sold,and your well done but unfinished clone is still on the market?
How can that be?

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

I don't think Dave's car was overpriced on the market it was placed for sale in. It wasn't as high as other Daytona's at the same time, and yes they were restored pieces, but a car can be restored 100 times but only be origional 1 time.

As far as the third grade engineer comments go. Hmmmm, I think that I've met a few of those engineers and i don't think they would take too kindly to those words. Then again I'm not one of them, but I don't even think its approriate. Then again who am I to comment, I don't have a wing car and I'm not building a clone so my opinion doesn't matter.

As for the comment of wing car owners being clueless as to why their headlight doors don't stay shut, is way off base. There are plenty of wing car owners who know exactly what happens, and why, but choose that its not that big of a deal. Heck you can get the headlight doors back down by simply turning the key and starting the car up, and then shutting it off again.

wingfan

I guess I missed this but what did it sell for?  It's great that it's being restored but a little sad because now it's forever out of reach of 99% of the wing car enthusiasts.   The selling price will probably be in the $200k's not the $300k's.   To have that much play money wouldn't the buyer need to be a millionaire or close to it?  Likely it'll be sold again and again, each buyer a milionaire of course.   And you just know it'll be locked away and disappear from the roads(but not if I owned it!) 

69_500

Oh believe me, even on a yearly salary in the $45K range, I will own one of  the wing cars. Even if they have a $200K price tag.

daytonalo

Wingnut , I kept my Daytona ! I sold the small 472 hemi and built a 528 ! Where  is you car ????????

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: daytonalo on November 24, 2007, 12:24:50 AM
Wingnut , I kept my Daytona ! I sold the small 472 hemi and built a 528 ! Where  is you car ????????

So I guess you were more proud of it then it was worth :brickwall:
When are you gonna finish that bad boy? Your on the clock...

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 24, 2007, 12:24:50 AM
Where  is you car ??

Lighten up, Larry.  This is exactly the kind of snobbish "show me your wing to get my respect - otherwise your opinion doesn't matter" attidude that has absolutely no place on this board. 

Got it??   :smash:

69_500

:hah:
Got it??   :smash:

That was pretty funny.

daytonalo

I have thick skin [very ] . No comments ever bother me !! :RantExplode:

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 24, 2007, 03:26:52 PM
I have thick skin [very ] . No comments ever bother me !! :RantExplode:

You really don't "get it" if you think I'm trying to bother you.  However, I am wondering if I'm the one who really doesn't "get it".  I've been hoping that you'd choose to act like a civil human being while participating in this forum.  If my optimism is unfounded, we can straighten that out in a heartbeat.  I wouldn't begin to think or expect a comment from anyone (myself included) would cause any drastic personality change.  You don't have to change who you are to be a part of the group, but I refuse to let you continue berating and/or browbeating others.  Check the abrasive, condescending attitude at the door - it'll be there waiting for you when you leave, since no one else wants it either.

All ya gotta do is admit or continue showing us that you fully intend to keep acting like a  :moon:  and Troy can make sure that you'll have ample time to show other people elsewhere what wonderful insight you have in everything.  It just won't be around here.

Got that? 

69_500

I can't tell if in Gene post if the smiley is hitting his own head or the ground? Looks like its hitting both.  :coolgleamA:

Its a big world, and there is plenty of room for everyones opinions, and thoughts. Plenty of room for everyone to voice their own thoughts as well. It is America, and it does come with the tag of "freedom of speech." However with that statement comes a responsiblity as well. Your free to say what you want, free to do what you want, as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's right to enjoy the same freedoms. Which is why there are many things that people like, and dislike. People like things for their own reasons, and don't like things for their own reasons. Which is why they are called opinions.

I didn't think this board was intended to be a place where people said things that bothered other people. Its supposed to be a place where people can share in a common enjoyment, and a common liking.

Beep Beep Dave

That was well said 69 500 :2thumbs:
I thought I'd have some fun with the young fella :hah: I think he figures he comes off funny, but to me he is a jerk :icon_smile_blackeye:
And no I don't have a Daytona clone or otherwise, maybe one day ;)
I will have to make due with this:

Anyone wanna trade? :shruggy:

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

I've got some hotwheels if your interested.  Not much of a fan of the 70's honestly, heck who am I kidding I don't even like the majority of the 69's. I still don't know why you couldn't get a luggage rack on a 69 500 though. I think that you could have modified one and made it work. I mean they went ahead and put a huge clothes line on the back of a Daytona.  :smilielol:

That is a very nice looking 70 though I must say. I do like the stripe package and call me odd but I like Chargers with a luggage rack. The rocker moldings always look good on Chargers too.

nascarxx29

Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2007, 05:55:38 PM
My thoughts exactly. Those third graders did more with a pencil and a slide rule than most people could hope to accomplish in a lifetime. As for the owners, I haven't met one yet that hadn't forgotten more about wing cars than some loudmouths will ever know. Ok, there's that ONE guy but he's the exception. :P I'm just hoping that Larry gets his car done sometime before I'm eligible for Social Security so I can see how things should have been done. If Chrysler took this long to engineer a product they'd have never won a race.

\Me to would like to see the finished product daytona of Daytonalo in this lifetime.He had head start opportunitys most car builders dont get. And have unlimited access to my real daytona to study dimensions details firsthand .Before a build up.I also introduced him to this site.I guess I should apologize for that

daytonalo

Beep Beep Dave

1970 Charger R/T