News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"15 x 10" Rallye's

Started by DrkHorse66, November 07, 2007, 12:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrkHorse66

Putting a set of "15 x 10" Rallye's on the rear of my '71 Charger."Wheel Vintique's" offer's a 5" and 5.5" backspace.Which would be better for clearance? Am I going to still be able to keep the rubber under the fenderwell or....is it going to extend past the wheel lip moulding? If so...will it rub...will I need to lift the rear to avoid this? Or............will the "15 x 10" fit o.k......just fill the wheel well better? What 's the max.size rubber I can run on a "15x10" and get it under the wheel well?

68RT4ME

When I bought me '71, it had a set of 15x10 rallies on back with 295-50 BFG's. They fit just fine with no rubbing issues at all. The thing is, I found them to be horrible looking inside the fender well of a '71. I think they look great on a 2nd Gen Charger but on a '71? aaahhh......no. They looked totally goofy to me. I wouldn't even drive the car until I recieved my order from "Stockton Wheels" (Very slow to deliver btw). I put on a set of 15x8's with 275-60 BFG's as seen in the picture and a new set of 15x7's in front with 255-60 BFG's. They fit great and no rubbing.

Anyway, taste is not the same for us all and you may like the look. My 15x10's sit in the garage awaiting some new home. BTW, they were new but me no likey.....lol

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Paul G

I have 15" x 10" with 5.5" backspace, 295/50-15 tires on the rear of my 73. I had a horrible time getting them to fit without rubbing. I love the look but it was a pain getting them to fit. With 5.5" wheel backspace the tires just cleared the fender lip on both sides but were too close to the springs, they rubbed on the spring just enough to see a scuff on the tire inner sidewall. Cant have that! I tried 1/4" spacer plates which got the tire to spring clearance issue fixed. Then the right tire rubbed the fender lip, left side was okay with the spacer. I had to remove the 1/4" spacer on the right side for fender clearance. I got a set of offset shackles which moved the rear half of the spring inward. I still had to clearance the front half of the spring on the right side a little. That took care of it for now. 

So I would say that 10" wheels on the rear of a 3rd gen wont fit without a lot of extra work.   

Read up.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13886.0.html
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Just 6T9 CHGR

IMHO anything over a 15x7 wheel that utilizes a trim ring will never look right unless you can mfg the correct depth trim ring as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T