News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of A/C unit on 69 Charger please

Started by 1969chargerrtse, November 11, 2007, 03:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Can someone post a picture or two, front and back of a original proper A/C unit on the , in my case 440 engine, for a Charger.   I have pictures of A/C units, but what is correct for my car?The pump. lines ,etc.  I ordered  a service book, so maybe that will have all I need to know.  But until t gets here a picture or 2 would be great.  Plus what area does A/C questions go on?  Here?  Thanks.

I just found a green RT/SE with air on Hemminings site.  I took a look at those obviously original shots of the engine compartment.  My problem is I have a pump and bracket's that came with the car,but I'm clueless as if the are correct or not as the A/C pulley is a single belt and I see these 440 had a double belt, but the pulley was not attached to the pump, so who played with what?  Also my single pulley is like 7" in Dia, and the pulley clutch kit I just bought for 60.00 is 5 1/4" .I just want to have what looks like a working system.  Also the Alt belts run over the A/C so I have to get this together to have a running charging Charger.  I'm sure the service manual will have what I need, Yes?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

I know its not a charger, but this is an unrestored 69 Superbee. Its not a 440, but the same A/C unit.

I'm still digging for some shots of the unit on a 69. Give me about 10 minutes

69_500

Okay here are three shots of a 69 Charger 500 with A/C so its a 440 car as well. Very nice car as well I might add. Not 100% correct in every area, but a very clean and nice car.

1969chargerrtse

Thanks for the pictures , I just need to fiqure out the brackets, but I can see a common point in the A/C lines.  Thanks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.