News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a mess of a bird for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, November 13, 2007, 11:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Ouch!  No reserve, so I guess it'll either go on eBay or it will mysteriously be "sold locally"...

Is that nosecone leaded into the fenders?   :scope:

PocketThunder

Rhode Island....  70charger boy get over there to take a peek at it.  :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

man! i keep starring at this thing .$25k. i can swing not easily but do able but  i want to finish my daytona and  the challenger rite now . to many projects. plus that car would  be a money pit to bring back to life . i think I'm gonna pass on this one and hopefully  i can get one in better condition in the future . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

that poor car,  it's been red white and blue  ?  4speed car though i would love to have it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nakita7

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on November 13, 2007, 11:22:26 AM

Either or.... Can you say Bondo?.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 13, 2007, 03:39:22 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 13, 2007, 11:22:26 AM

Either or.... Can you say Bondo?.....

Troy, are thinking about this one?  it is a 4-speed ya know  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: nakita7 on November 13, 2007, 03:13:19 PM
What would you guys pay for it?  :-\
25k would be about right  but you see the work and money it will take

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 13, 2007, 11:51:35 AM

That is less then 5 minutes from my house, but I won't tell you if I go and see it.  We all know what happened last time I saw one
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32420.0.html

hotrod98

I see a re-body in this car's future. :popcrn:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 13, 2007, 04:30:46 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on November 13, 2007, 11:51:35 AM

That is less then 5 minutes from my house, but I won't tell you if I go and see it.  We all know what happened last time I saw one
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32420.0.html

i forgot that was you

70charger_boy

I just emailed the guy and asked if I can see it.  I want to see if it was the same guy that bought that bird, over the summer

and

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 13, 2007, 04:35:55 PM
I see a re-body in this car's future. :popcrn:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:  If it hasn't been, already

70charger_boy

P.S.  What do you think is a good offer for this car???????

moparstuart

before the market turned worse ones where going for 50 k
so 25 k in this market would be a good deal i feel  you wont loose on it , there just are not that many out there   

moparstuart

may have been sold  listing is gone

bordin34

Still there for me. How many birds are stashed up in that little state.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

70charger_boy

Quote from: bordin34 on November 13, 2007, 05:22:08 PM
Still there for me. How many birds are stashed up in that little state.

You will be surprised!!

The guy emailed me back.  So, I'll look at it on Wednesday or Thursday

IowaCharger69

Anyone email this guy and get a fender tag or vin number? Can he substantiate any of the claims he is making? The pictures are awful and his description is vague at best. Honestly this add says two things to me. 1.This is a clone car and he is a scammer, or 2.he doesn't have the smarts to advertise this car well and it could be a real steal for someone. Since it has already been bid up around 25K the "good deal" possibility seems slim. Not saying he's a scammer but I am going to wait till I hear from ChargerBoy.

Slade_Stone50

Those Auction pictures are terrible.  You wonder if it's EVEN worse then it appears.

daytonalo

I think it is the nicest car I've ever seen !!!! :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

25 k  the most.

RUST NEVER SLEEPS!

pettybird

It's worth well over $25,000.  Even at that rate, shipping the car to somewhere like Aloha Automotive lands you a mint six barrel car for...$125,000.  Sure, the cars are down, but not that far.  My guess is $56,000.  It's not much of a stretch to restore the car for another 50 grand in a generic, high quality body shop.

Be nice...it is real.   :cheers:

69_500

Ah man, if I liked the Superbirds nearly as much as I do Daytona's or 500's that car would be in my garage  tomorrow night. Seriously if it was a Daytona, or a 500 in that condition for that price I'd be heading to that guys house tonight. I don't think $25K for that would be out of the question at all.

wingfan

It definitely should be restored since only about 975 (pick a number) Superbirds remain.  And there are lots more repro parts on the market nowadays so it makes sense to fix it rather than part out.  It's more satisfying to bring one back from the dead than to just buy a trailer queen.   The high price of wing cars clouds people's thinking -- if the car can't be flipped for $20K or $30K profit then forget it!  If this were a Shelby GT 350 Mustang would there be any question of restoring it?