News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a mess of a bird for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, November 13, 2007, 11:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Ouch!  No reserve, so I guess it'll either go on eBay or it will mysteriously be "sold locally"...

Is that nosecone leaded into the fenders?   :scope:

PocketThunder

Rhode Island....  70charger boy get over there to take a peek at it.  :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

man! i keep starring at this thing .$25k. i can swing not easily but do able but  i want to finish my daytona and  the challenger rite now . to many projects. plus that car would  be a money pit to bring back to life . i think I'm gonna pass on this one and hopefully  i can get one in better condition in the future . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

that poor car,  it's been red white and blue  ?  4speed car though i would love to have it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nakita7

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on November 13, 2007, 11:22:26 AM

Either or.... Can you say Bondo?.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 13, 2007, 03:39:22 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 13, 2007, 11:22:26 AM

Either or.... Can you say Bondo?.....

Troy, are thinking about this one?  it is a 4-speed ya know  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: nakita7 on November 13, 2007, 03:13:19 PM
What would you guys pay for it?  :-\
25k would be about right  but you see the work and money it will take

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 13, 2007, 11:51:35 AM

That is less then 5 minutes from my house, but I won't tell you if I go and see it.  We all know what happened last time I saw one
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32420.0.html

hotrod98

I see a re-body in this car's future. :popcrn:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 13, 2007, 04:30:46 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on November 13, 2007, 11:51:35 AM

That is less then 5 minutes from my house, but I won't tell you if I go and see it.  We all know what happened last time I saw one
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32420.0.html

i forgot that was you

70charger_boy

I just emailed the guy and asked if I can see it.  I want to see if it was the same guy that bought that bird, over the summer

and

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 13, 2007, 04:35:55 PM
I see a re-body in this car's future. :popcrn:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:  If it hasn't been, already

70charger_boy

P.S.  What do you think is a good offer for this car???????

moparstuart

before the market turned worse ones where going for 50 k
so 25 k in this market would be a good deal i feel  you wont loose on it , there just are not that many out there   

moparstuart

may have been sold  listing is gone

bordin34

Still there for me. How many birds are stashed up in that little state.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

70charger_boy

Quote from: bordin34 on November 13, 2007, 05:22:08 PM
Still there for me. How many birds are stashed up in that little state.

You will be surprised!!

The guy emailed me back.  So, I'll look at it on Wednesday or Thursday

IowaCharger69

Anyone email this guy and get a fender tag or vin number? Can he substantiate any of the claims he is making? The pictures are awful and his description is vague at best. Honestly this add says two things to me. 1.This is a clone car and he is a scammer, or 2.he doesn't have the smarts to advertise this car well and it could be a real steal for someone. Since it has already been bid up around 25K the "good deal" possibility seems slim. Not saying he's a scammer but I am going to wait till I hear from ChargerBoy.

Slade_Stone50

Those Auction pictures are terrible.  You wonder if it's EVEN worse then it appears.

daytonalo

I think it is the nicest car I've ever seen !!!! :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

25 k  the most.

RUST NEVER SLEEPS!

pettybird

It's worth well over $25,000.  Even at that rate, shipping the car to somewhere like Aloha Automotive lands you a mint six barrel car for...$125,000.  Sure, the cars are down, but not that far.  My guess is $56,000.  It's not much of a stretch to restore the car for another 50 grand in a generic, high quality body shop.

Be nice...it is real.   :cheers:

69_500

Ah man, if I liked the Superbirds nearly as much as I do Daytona's or 500's that car would be in my garage  tomorrow night. Seriously if it was a Daytona, or a 500 in that condition for that price I'd be heading to that guys house tonight. I don't think $25K for that would be out of the question at all.

wingfan

It definitely should be restored since only about 975 (pick a number) Superbirds remain.  And there are lots more repro parts on the market nowadays so it makes sense to fix it rather than part out.  It's more satisfying to bring one back from the dead than to just buy a trailer queen.   The high price of wing cars clouds people's thinking -- if the car can't be flipped for $20K or $30K profit then forget it!  If this were a Shelby GT 350 Mustang would there be any question of restoring it? 

Magnumcharger

Sure it's got rust, but it's basically just a Roadrunner/Satelite/Belvedere in drag.
Most generic panels would be easily replaced with new aftermarket items. The hard to find stuff is all there.
You'd probably be amazed what a total media blasting would do FOR the appearance of this poor 'Bird.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

70charger_boy

Ghoste

Quote from: wingfan on November 13, 2007, 10:01:47 PM
  It's more satisfying to bring one back from the dead than to just buy a trailer queen.   

I agree with you, but, having grown up in the rust belt I have to say that once, just ONCE, I'd like to have the money to buy a finished car that isn't partly made of brown flakes.

Redbird

The pictures of the nose suggest that there may not be a lot of metal on the front. Besides the bondo, how much of the metal has rusted out from the inside would be a good place to look at. More car there than the burned Daytona. Once it's stripped down, I'd guess there will be number of open spaces between pieces of metal. If someone brought it to a shop, I'd guess they'd be upside down in short order. Cash deal.

The70RT

Quote from: Redbird on November 14, 2007, 10:15:23 AM
The pictures of the nose suggest that there may not be a lot of metal on the front. Besides the bondo, how much of the metal has rusted out from the inside would be a good place to look at. More car there than the burned Daytona. Once it's stripped down, I'd guess there will be number of open spaces between pieces of metal. If someone brought it to a shop, I'd guess they'd be upside down in short order. Cash deal.

If you can't fix anything you will be upside down in any resto. If you expect to send a car to a shop and have them restore it you might as well buy one done :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

I would give 20k for it from what I have seen to go any higher I would have to go out and see it for myself!~
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

pettybird

Quote from: 41husk on November 14, 2007, 02:57:57 PM
I would give 20k for it from what I have seen to go any higher I would have to go out and see it for myself!~

The VIN in an envelope with the title is worth 20 grand.  What decade are you guys from?

nascarxx29

A friend and I got a superbird in a envelope the car was used for the pink superbird convertible build.But we will never reintroduce that bird back into society
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

chargerman68

man if i had 25k i would buy and look at it eveyday and saying yep its a wing car and its all mine.... :2thumbs:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

70charger_boy

Quote from: chargerman68 on November 14, 2007, 10:33:39 PM
man if i had 25k i would buy and look at it eveyday and saying yep its a wing car and its all mine.... :2thumbs:

I just came back from seeing it and you don't want it...........believe me

chargerman68

BigBlockSam

QuoteI just came back from seeing it and you don't want it...........believe me   

ok Mr. kiss and tell time. how bad is it? i keep thinking if i should go after it and i know its a mess  :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 14, 2007, 10:45:58 PM

:popcrn:

arrow

Wasnt it talked about somewhere a yr or so back on Mopar Style - I thought the guy had two Birds , the buyer bought the least rusty one even though it wasnt a 6 Pak car , he thought this one to rusty to mess with ????

chargerman68

got an email back from this guy and offered it up for 40k stated a cash offer of 35k was in the works...

Aero426

Quote from: arrow on November 15, 2007, 12:12:18 AM

Wasnt it talked about somewhere a yr or so back on Mopar Style - I thought the guy had two Birds , the buyer bought the least rusty one even though it wasnt a 6 Pak car , he thought this one to rusty to mess with ????

There were two Birds out of SC that sold.  Same buyer got them both, but is working on the least rusty car as the current project.   This seems to be a new one thats surfaced.  Anyone get the VIN?

Magnumcharger

Yeah, so...where's your pictures???
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

70charger_boy

Quote from: chargerman68 on November 15, 2007, 12:26:06 AM
got an email back from this guy and offered it up for 40k stated a cash offer of 35k was in the works...

:yesnod:

chargerman68

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 15, 2007, 12:36:01 AM
Quote from: chargerman68 on November 15, 2007, 12:26:06 AM

how bad!!!!!!!!

:yesnod:

pettybird

If he takes $35k he's a fool.  The car's at $30 NOW with four days to go. 

$18,000 more to go!

Old Moparz

That think would be fun to drive the way it looks, just fix all the mechanical issues & you'd really turn some heads.   :D

Just like Rene said though, if I didn't have so many projects I'd have gone to look at it by now. Of course the current price would keep me from bidding on it. I still don't think any car is worth what they've been selling for, it's nuts.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

arrow

Quote from: DougSchellinger on November 15, 2007, 12:26:26 AM
Quote from: arrow on November 15, 2007, 12:12:18 AM

There were two Birds out of SC that sold.  Same buyer got them both, but is working on the least rusty car as the current project.   This seems to be a new one thats surfaced.  Anyone get the VIN?
Doug - these were in Maine not SC , and the guy only bought one - this was before the SC ones

69_500

I was going to say, I talked to the gentleman who bought the pair out of SC, and he showed quite a few photo's of the cars. They were rought, but not all that bad in my opinion.

This car isn't too bad either in my opinion, not the worst by any means.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 15, 2007, 05:29:06 PM
I was going to say, I talked to the gentleman who bought the pair out of SC, and he showed quite a few photo's of the cars. They were rought, but not all that bad in my opinion.

This car isn't too bad either in my opinion, not the worst by any means.
is that the two/ really three cars he found in the forrest and he is in carolina also ?? he's a clone builder  ???

70charger_boy

The car is real bad and I should know I saw it

BigBlockSam

QuoteThe car is real bad and I should know I saw it 

:nana:

pettybird

moparstuart

good price in this market,  but when they go back up which they will, he's getting a steal

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 15, 2007, 06:27:28 PM
The car is real bad and I should know I saw it

The owner states the car is a rust bucket
On Nov-16-07 at 16:25:19 PST, seller added the following information:

This car would be considered a (basket case). the original engine ,tranny,and rear end are no longer with the car. the rear body is beyond repair. WOULD HAVE TO BE COMPLEATLY REPLACED, also the frame rails are compleated rotted and will need to be replaced. To bring the car up to restoration standard's it would be in the figure of 50k to 100k.

IT IS WHAT IT IS !!!!!!! ITS A REAL V CODE 4 SPEED SUPERBIRD, WITH FENDER TAG INTACT. WITH ORIGINAL MOLDINGS ON THE CAR , AND PILLARS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE.

BigBlockSam

Quotebut when they go back up which they will, he's getting a steal

none #'s matching everything and a rebody . difinately not a steal . 

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 19, 2007, 12:30:05 PM

rebody is the easy way out  but that car can be fixed and alot of these cars are not numbers matching. six pack car is worth the money

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on November 19, 2007, 01:53:57 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 19, 2007, 12:30:05 PM

rebody is the easy way out  but that car can be fixed and alot of these cars are not numbers matching. six pack car is worth the money

If you take the car to someone to restore it well yes it isn't worth it. Like Stuart says it's a real one. It would probably take me a few years but I could probably make a ton on it if I had the funds to get it :Twocents:

70charger_boy

I was looking at the auction and noticed that the buyer has 0 feedback and has been a member since Aug '05  :scratchchin:

evil1

there wasn't any bad feedback left on winner of the first auction    ::)

69charger2002

probably a bumpity bumper..   :shruggy: he wanted to make sure it didn't go for just 35k or something
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BigBlockSam

Quotethere wasn't any bad feedback left on winner of the first auction 

if you leave negative for someone . they'll leave negative back. so most off the time people don't leave neg . the guy must of  went to see the car and went   :scared:

The70RT

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 07, 2007, 12:59:51 PM
Quotethere wasn't any bad feedback left on winner of the first auction 

if you leave negative for someone . they'll leave negative back. so most off the time people don't leave neg . the guy must of  went to see the car and went   :scared:

Yeah but there is listing and final value fee which was quite a bit I bet. He need better pics. Those one are lousy.

BigBlockSam

QuoteHe need better pics. Those one are lousy   

he'll scare people away with good pictures

70charger_boy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 07, 2007, 04:05:21 PM
QuoteHe need better pics. Those one are lousy   

he'll scare people away with good pictures

:yesnod:  Like I said before, I saw the car and went  :scared:

What is even funnier is that I have my Tempest on craigslist and he sent me an email wanting to look at it.... :scratchchin: