News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2009 Dodge Challenger Drag Racing Package

Started by zerfetzen, November 15, 2007, 05:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerfetzen

Dodge Challenger "Package" Car Program (http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autoshow/SEMA2007/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=5669331)

Chrysler also announced a new "package" car program starting with the 2009 Dodge Challenger. The program provides parts specifically for racing and would be available directly from the dealership.

The "package" car program represents a significant piece of Mopar history, beginning with the 1968 HEMI Dart and HEMI Barracuda "package" cars that were purpose-built vehicles designed for drag racers running factory-built cars and eventually lead to the development of the NHRA Pro Stock division.

The current package car will be a HEMI-powered Dodge Challenger Drag Racing Package, powered by a competition version of the third-generation HEMI engine. However, the original 1968 "package" cars continue to be so popular that there is a Mopar HEMI Challenge series for them, which is operated in conjunction with NHRA.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

Brock Samson

alrready posted a month or so ago,.. perhaps another neo-chally thread a day, or two,.. oops!  :shruggy: i didn't see the other one,.. from like, this morning...  :D

zerfetzen

Oh sorry, didn't know it was already posted, thought it was new news.  Cheers.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda