News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want my lines back!

Started by 0X01B8, November 16, 2007, 11:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

I didn't realize until recently that the horizontal line that goes all the way down the car is supposed to be so sharp.  After seeing other member's cars and now the new sheet metal -- http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36194.0.html -- I see that my body work isn't that great.  It's a 15 year old resto, but still looks pretty good and isn't something most people would decide to just do over.  If I knew what it was supposed to look like I would have hounded the body guy about it.  I can't fault the guy too much, he was just in a bit over his head, and there wasn't anybody else that wanted to tackle the job.  But I want my lines back!  I'm stuck - it's a nice enough car to just leave as-is but not bad enough to justify a whole new paint job.   :-\

-john

terrible one

Why don't you post a profile picture of your car? Are they that bad? A lot of the new sheet metal has a lot more crisp lines than the original, and they aren't painted or anything either. There are a few threads that you could dig up about blocking to the bodyline several times when using your skim coat of filler to "build" it up.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: terrible one on November 16, 2007, 01:31:19 PM

Why don't you post a profile picture of your car? Are they that bad? A lot of the new sheet metal has a lot more crisp lines than the original, and they aren't painted or anything either. There are a few threads that you could dig up about blocking to the bodyline several times when using your skim coat of filler to "build" it up.

.....and also some body men make lines TOO sharp !!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

0X01B8

Here's about the best picture of the line I could dig up.  It's usually harder to spot.  It's not really a big deal.  I was just having a "grass is always greener" moment for last few days.  The paint / body could have been a whole lot nicer, but then I'd just have an undrive-able museum piece.  They called it Charger for a reason, right?  I'll shut up about it now, I'm fortunate to have it.  :angel:

Silver R/T

side body line is still noticeable on your Charger, it doesnt look bad at all
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Rack

Well hell, I'm a good guy... you can give me your lineless charger and I'll give you my undone charger so you can make the lines as good as you want.

Win/Win situation for both of us.  :2thumbs:

rob9593

pic isn't great, but the line seems ok.....it doesn't dissapear and come back anywhere....the door scallops look crisp from what I can tell....

I think your job is probably better than you think....I agree with th epost someone made about body guys overdoing the horizontal body line...seen that before...

daytonalo

Did I read on here that the body line stops around 7 inches from front fender ??

ACUDANUT

Mike DC

Yeah, the main line (first one below the door handle) goes the whole length of the car but fades away between the front bumper and the front wheelwell. 

I agree that there is such a thing as having those lines too crisp though.  It makes the car look like it was patched together outta tinfoil or something. 

remta1