News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Development Documents

Started by BROCK, November 18, 2007, 05:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCK

A previous thread about a really nice Daytona being available & all the documents that are included in that
cars sale has sparked enough interest in the documents alone that a new thread seems necessary & even
proper for those in the know to share. 

Given my scanner is broken ( I don't have much to share other than excerpts found in books & magazines )
I thought the best way to start is to gleen what has been posted on the aforementioned post.

69_500 wrote:
QuoteJust curious but does anyone have some of the paperwork he is listing in the acution?

•     Copy of 44 page Painting and Materials procedures which includes painting and masking techniques, trim,
......preparation, cleaning, drips,  flaws, stripes, interior, polishes and STANDARDS for the assembly line workers.

•     Copy of 5 page Daytona parts lists with blowup photos and detailed part descriptions and numbers specific
......to Daytona, dated 11-69

•     Copy of a 40 page study on Aerodynamic Development of the Daytona for Stock Car Competition.

•     115 page Copy of engineering drawings, plans and sheets. MORE OR LESS THE CORPORATION'S
......"DAYTONA BUILD BIBLE."

UFO wrote:
Interested in paperwork as well.I would to get a copy of that blank charger order form.

Ghoste wrote:
I have a copy of {5 page Daytona parts lists with blowup photos and detailed part descriptions and numbers
specific to Daytona, dated 11-69}... someplace.  I have heard of the aerodynamic study and seen copies of
portions of it.  The other two I've never even heard of.  It would be nice to see them all assembled in one
cohesive package for the world to read.

BROCK wrote:
I have the SAE Paper "The Aerodynamic Development of the Daytona for Stock Car Competition"
Paper 700036 presented at the Automotive Engioneering Congress, Detroit, January 1970
as printed in an 11 page document in 1978 as SAE/PT-78/16/$02.50
Copyright 1978 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc.

I found it in the University of Texas at Arlington Library in 1982.  Not sure which volume it is in - but it starts
on page 87

I'd be interested in finding all these documents {69_500 listed} myself - or at least good copies!

UFO wrote:
Scans of the parts list are not hard to locate.  In the Canadian parts book they're bound  in with the other
parts.  It's the U.S. version thats loose leaf pages.

nascarxx29 shared:
I have all the wingcar parts from the old loose leaf parts books on a disc.Just got to find it..The daytona
parts are on 5 loose leaf pages dated Nov 1969.And this is probably one of the other papers mentioned

xs29j8Bullitt wrote:
I have the SAE report mentioned earlier as well as two wind tunnel reports (the E-Series & F-Series reports,
IIRC).  As with a lot of my paperwork, the reports are lost somewhere in the archive pile...: icon_smile_blackeye 
Several years ago I had started to scan in one of the reports for Ken N. (one he did not already have) to add
to his website & sent him about 8-10 pages, but I never finished the project.  Another long overdue task...  :Tongue

XS

Compiling all these documents together should make for a wonderful resource for all of us that are
interested :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world