News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slotted mags

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 19, 2007, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I think the van craze was the death knell for them.  It's nice to see them coming back.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

AKcharger

I want a set for my '72, I think they just "belong" on 3rd Gens. If anyone has any for sale PM me. (we better be careful or this will get move to the "for sale area")  :coolgleamA:

troy.70R/T

I hardly ever see slots on cars at car shows. In fact the only ones I have seen were on a Superbird at a Kansas City car show this last summer and they were uni-lugs. by the way a set of slots would also look great on that Bronze charger AKCharger. :yesnod: :drool5:

SeattleCharger

Slot mags are the best!      :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

:2thumbs:

SeattleCharger

found another I photographed off of movie spy hard off tv,  bad azz stance

superbirdtom

there are other brands out there.keep looking, lucky me has a set of ansens on my 70 bee from 1970 :yesnod: the center caps say ansen sprint on them the rears are 10 inches wide and look great! :cheers:

troy.70R/T

Finally found myself another set of slots 15X8.5 Found them on craigs list for $100.00 each. The guy bought them 12 years ago and the did not fit his 57 Chevy with a Ford rear end. He said that the rear end was narrowed to much. They came in there origional boxes too.

Charger_Fan

Holy crapolee, you scored!! :o

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 31, 2008, 04:26:06 PM
Holy crapolee, you scored!! :o

Hell ya!    those are real nice,  8.5 looks the best IMO, and with a 295/50/15 almost looks like drag/tub deal,  235/60 front 
  already shiny too  :2thumbs:  as they oxidize over time, bring back shine with Mother's aluminum wheel polish,  brushed aluminum rims are the best,  little labor required, gotta do my bronco rims once a year to keep them shiny/ unoxidized    although they aren't slots, same material though,

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

troy.70R/T

thanks I thought it was a great score too. The guy also had some uni-lug E/T that were in great shape some 15X8.5 and some 14X7 or 6 I think. He wanted $60.00 a pieace for the 15x8.5s so I did not but them
also the slotted part is a little bit diffrent shape that I did not like. I also have a lead on some more just hope I can get them

AKcharger

Amercian is making them again, $180 a piece...at least that's the price up here

troy.70R/T

hey AKcharger can you post a link I looked on there wbsite the other day but all I see avaliable is the Ansen Sprint slot with the extra milling around the slot. Are these the ones you are talking about?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

troy.70R/T

Thats what I thought and i just can't get over that extra milling on the slot part. I would rather have the valve stem sticking out in the WRONG place like the SLT    slots from Wheel Tech I just with I knew someone at Wheel tech ( a machinist)so I could have him get me some slot with out even any valve stem hole in them. Then I cold just take them to work and drill the valve stem hole myself

mikepmcs

I actually don't like them at all, old school or new school slots.  That 1st generation Charger pictured in this thread really pulls em off great though. Also, TO did a real nice job polishing his up to look more than presentable. :2thumbs:

My old boss has about 15 slots that i put up in storage in the body shop he owns.  Not 2 of them go together.  What do you expect from a Chevy guy. :slap:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Lord Warlock

I hear mention of ET Uni-lugs, any particular reason why that name comes up? Mine has a set of 15x6.5's all around, I always wanted wider rears but probably won't get them as they wouldn't match up as well.  Does anyone sell the uni-lug pieces? i'm missing one and a few others look rusty in spots. 

I always preferred the magnum 500s, but the car had slots on them when i got it, and 31 years later are still there, so may as well polish them up till i can save for new 17 inch magnums.  May take another 5 years at my pace... 

I do have a 15x10 magnesium rim, i'd love to find a match for that one, weighs half what the aluminum slot does.  Got it as a spare when i got the car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

71bigblock

And why do I find a deal like this, and its in the wrong bolt pattern?   :slap:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/972032447.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/984389754.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/976402990.html

Ok, and when they say unilug, can someone please explain that to me?  What bolt pattern will something like that fit, and what does it use for lug nuts?  Those last ones look pretty good.
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

Ghoste

Unilug use the same wheel nuts and it fits a variety of bolt patterns.  Essentially, the rim has slotted bolt holes in it and then a "spider" goes between the back of the rim and your hub.  The spider is the part that is unique to your bolt pattern and keeps the rim from moving around.  This helps the wheel company avoid having to make a whole bunch of different bolt pattern rims and just supply the cheap spiders to make them fit.  It's kind of hard to explain it (for me anyway) in a way that makes sense but if you saw one, what I'm trying to say becomes prety obvious.

71bigblock

Ahhh, now I get it.  Thanks for the explanation.   :cheers:
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

Lord Warlock

on my uni-lugs, there is a oval shaped plug that goes in where the wheel studs fit through, the plugs can be turned around and change the spacing which would allow it to fit on multiple vehicles.  I'd take a picture but i left my camera at my folks house last week.  I may pick up a new one tomorrow.  These plug type things tend to get scratched up a bit and rust.  I could use a few nice replacements.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

troy.70R/T

I bought some uni-lug washers at Advance auto the other day so I know they have them.

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:

Impulse bought a set of Ansen Sprints for an extra set of wheels, price was right but I need to find the inserts. Guess if the inserts are not available I have a really nice set for a Chevy wheels to give to a friend :smilielol: :smilielol: :'(    Not completely sure of the sizes but I think 6-7" fronts and 8" back.  I like the lip edge detail near the tire has a nice smooth look compared to others or the new ones and I also like the color.  Anyone have these in a pair of 15"x10"s?