News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What car cover?

Started by rebby, October 01, 2005, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebby

My car will be spending some quality time in the garage this winter and I was wondering what car cover I should use to protect all the body work that is nearly finished. Suggestions?

Year One lists two types (Polycotton Car Covers, Technalon Car Covers) but I'm sure that there are others as well...
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Just 6T9 CHGR

I won this one from Mothers......

www.covercraft.com

its great for the indoors.....nice & soft & thick enough to protect from dings etc, BUT not good in the rain.......used it in Carlisle this year when there was an 8 hour downpour and it turned into a diaper!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

which one is good for storing car outside, theres few ones on ebag but not sure which one to use
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

8WHEELER

I use the thick Covercraft as well inside, outside yep it holds in all the moisture. I have not
found a car cover that would not hold in the moisture and make's things worse.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Daytona R/T SE

Car covers are fine for keeping the dust off of your car when stored indoors. I would never put a cover on a nice car that was sitting outside, they hold in the moisture and flop around in the wind, just picture a wet, dirty rag rubbing on your paint 24 hrs a day, I've seen many paint jobs ruined by car covers  :flame: