News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Body Kit. from Ted Janex

Started by BigBlockSam, November 20, 2007, 12:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Howie

A picture is worth a thousand words :popcrn:!

moparstuart

what do they cost new ?  arent they close to that ?

Johnny Daytona

I have his premium  Daytona kit and I found his craftmanship very high quality. He is very passionate about all of the work he does in every part of his life. Price? I payed a lot. I feel I got a good deal. I would have been happy paying more. Especially compared to the price of a correct nose cone.
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

moparstuart

Quote from: Johnny Daytona on November 20, 2007, 02:41:53 PM
I have his premium  Daytona kit and I found his craftmanship very high quality. He is very passionate about all of the work he does in every part of his life. Price? I payed a lot. I feel I got a good deal. I would have been happy paying more. Especially compared to the price of a correct nose cone.
thanks ted junior

Johnny Daytona

Give a honest answer and you get accused of having a brown nose and sweaty cheeks.
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

Old Moparz

Quote from: Johnny Daytona on November 20, 2007, 02:57:32 PM
Give a honest answer and you get accused of having a brown nose and sweaty cheeks.

Don't worry about it, sometimes you just need thicker skin on the forums.   :D

I have Ted Janak's Daytona parts & they are just like you said, top quality.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Howie

Johnny, you get that from workin hard and keeping your nose to the grindstone :Twocents:. I got my kit from Janak as well. He does do very good work. He also likes to talk a lot. Met him when I picked up the remaining pieces to my kit and he is a nice guy.

moparstuart

i wasnt refuring to his quality although my wing washers sucked for my bird  flemsy but he charged me 35.00 for special packaging and shipping on them.  Then i got an old fridge box cut out and the parts rolled up in it , with leafs and pine needles for packing. JUst my  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: 

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: moparstuart on November 20, 2007, 03:23:40 PM
  i wasnt refuring to his quality although my wing washers sucked for my bird  flemsy but he charged me 35.00 for special packaging and shipping on them.  Then i got an old fridge box cut out and the parts rolled up in it , with leafs and pine needles for packing. JUst my  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: 
I am not going to argue you on that.I was not going to install my washers with out a renforcement plate sandwitched between them.  I am glad that some one picked up on my referal to passionate. Better have a good long distance phone plan before calling. :cheers:

BigBlockSam

if you use an aluminum wing i recommend using metal wing washers . if you use a fiberglass wing, it doesn't matter cause it's gonna come off at high speeds anyway.  :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 20, 2007, 03:01:39 PM

Don't worry about it, sometimes you just need thicker skin on the forums.   :D

I have Ted Janak's Daytona parts & they are just like you said, top quality.   :cheers:
Thanks. My skin is plenty thick all of the scars from all of the header burns in the heat of battle. I wished we had raced a hemi.
It is real hard for me not to let my smart a** take over the key board. I have been accused of being the Tierney of evil men . But I trying real hard to be the Sheppard.

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 20, 2007, 04:08:59 PM
if you use an aluminum wing i recommend using metal wing washers . if you use a fiberglass wing, it doesn't matter cause it's gonna come off at high speeds anyway.  :D
Sounds like words spoken from experience.

pettybird

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: Howie on November 20, 2007, 03:04:39 PM

Johnny, you get that from workin hard and keeping your nose to the grindstone :Twocents:. I got my kit from Janak as well. He does do very good work. He also likes to talk a lot. Met him when I picked up the remaining pieces to my kit and he is a nice guy.
Thanks Howie
     But speaking of work.  What are we all doing here in the middle of the afternoon. Don't we have jobs to do.  :shruggy:

oldcarnut

So what speed is high speed?  What comes apart; the mounting bolts from the glass?   Today was about 79deg and like Spring.  I should have been outside instead of on the pc.  I work the weekend shift and then off during the week :icon_smile_big:.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI have been accused of being the Tierney of evil men . 

do you know Daytonalo  :angel:

QuoteSo what speed is high speed 

over 100mph . some wings shake.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 20, 2007, 04:08:59 PM
i bought my bird washers years ago and fiberglass was all that was out them , we just used them for looks and steel reinforced the top of the quarter.  they acctually worked out great for looks wise because the convertible mechinism would have hit them( in steel or glass) and the fiberglass was easier to notch out for the top assmeble to slide though . but yes may daytona is getting larry's (daytonalo steel ones)   danes solid wing ya know

BigBlockSam

yea i have a pair of Daytonalo's. they look great. plus you can weld them to the trunk channel like the originals. Rene

hotrod98

Quote from: oldcarnut on November 20, 2007, 05:25:50 PM

So what speed is high speed?  What comes apart; the mounting bolts from the glass?   Today was about 79deg and like Spring.  I should have been outside instead of on the pc.  I work the weekend shift and then off during the week :icon_smile_big:.

The mounting bolts on Janek's glass wings don't bolt into glass. !!!
All bolts are threaded into aluminum inserts inside the wing. The uprights have aluminum inserts and the blade has an aluminum insert all of the way through it. All mounting points are aluminum to aluminum. Besides, the wing looks more like a cast resin part than a fiberglass part, similar to his fender scoops. Some of the other repro guys build cheap all fiberglass wings but not Janek. I've seen all four styles of Daytona wings, all fiberglass, fiberglass (cast?) with aluminum inserts, solid aluminum and hollow aluminum. I think that for the money, the Janek wing is right up there with the hollow aluminum wing and much cheaper.
My bird wing is yet another style. It's a round bar frame with a steel skin.
If anyone wants to get rid of their Janek parts, let me know. I still need fender scoops and the front valance. Janek parts would be just fine with me.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Howie

I build aircraft assemblies that gets shipped off to boeing in seattle. We used to be boeing till we got sold off so boeing doesn`t have to pay us retirement. I check the computer a few times a day. Shoulda had the day off cause it was awsome out.

hotrod98

Enjoyed the 80 degree day out hauling the new paint booth to the shop. It's going to be cold on turkey day with the high in the mid 50's.
Oh well...next week it'll be back in the 80's. :icon_smile_cool:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think that for the money, the Janek wing is right up there with the hollow aluminum wing and much cheaper.

Dude! it might be a great wing, for a  fiberglass  wing but you can't compare it to a aluminum wing . i know we're not gonna do 200 mph but an aluminum wing is closer to an original and will function more like an original . to me a fiberglass wing takes value away from the car. money wise i had to settle for a fiberglass nose but the money difference isn't that much. go for the aluminum .  :Twocents:
Rene

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on November 20, 2007, 03:23:40 PM

That's funny. His yard is full of pine trees. I lived in Spring Texas back in the 80's, just a few miles from him. Pine trees are everywhere.

Charles Addams