News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Body Kit. from Ted Janex

Started by BigBlockSam, November 20, 2007, 12:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

i hate that word clone. i drive what i like but there is a big deference between  replicas . my superbitrd clone had a wooden wing with resin over it. it looked pretty good. I'm hoping to do better with this one  . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 22, 2007, 02:25:28 PM
i hate that word clone. i drive what i like but there is a big deference between  replicas . my superbitrd clone had a wooden wing with resin over it. it looked pretty good. I'm hoping to do better with this one  . Rene
I hate that word clone too. I am going to call my car something that justifies why I want one so much.
In 1970 I was 8. There were 2 race cars that changed forever the way I saw racing. Cars you could clearly see the difference in speed compared to the competition. Winged Chrysler's and The Chaparral 2J Can Am. Both were innovative and both were ruled out of existence.   And I have wanted  to have both of them ever since.  I will have my Daytona. Then a Chaparral ? We'll see.   Tribute is cheesy but fits. any suggestions?   John
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

daytonalo

RECREATION !!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 22, 2007, 02:25:28 PM
i'm a cloner  and I have no problem with the word clone

:Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

You can call it whatever you wish, but it doesn't change what it is. Heck you can even quote Shakespeare on this one.

Juliet:
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Its still what it is, a clone.

I'll admit that I have an interest in the clones, but if you finish reading that quote you'll notice its not a very large amount in comparison to the origionals. I think that if you count all of the parts on all of the origional 500 Daytona's that you'd still be short of the 1 Billion number. But yeah, a small interest is still an interest though right?

moparstuart

alot of people clean it up and call it a tribute ,  happy medium ?

BigBlockSam

Quoteand The Chaparral 2J Can   

i've always dug those cars too

QuoteI'll admit that I have an interest in the clones, but if you finish reading that quote you'll notice its not a very large amount in comparison to the origionals. I think that if you count all of the parts on all of the origional 500 Daytona's that you'd still be short of the 1 Billion number. But yeah, a small interest is still an interest though right? 

:nana:  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

Shouldn't I mention that I don't really care for the Birds though? Especially those white one?   Oh wait thats right, dad had one of those too.  :slap: I guess they are okay then.

Ah okay so I like the Birds too, just not as much as the 500's and Daytona's. Although more than clones though, quite a bit more.

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: 69_500 on November 23, 2007, 04:10:21 PM
Shouldn't I mention that I don't really care for the Birds though? Especially those white one?   Oh wait thats right, dad had one of those too.  :slap: I guess they are okay then.

Ah okay so I like the Birds too, just not as much as the 500's and Daytona's. Although more than clones though, quite a bit more.
Would you drive a real one on the street?  Burn a tank of gas a weekend on average during the summer time?
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

Troy

Quote from: Johnny Daytona on November 24, 2007, 01:28:34 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 23, 2007, 04:10:21 PM

Would you drive a real one on the street?  Burn a tank of gas a weekend on average during the summer time?
You don't know Danny very well do you? :D I think a tank of gas a weekend would be the bare minimum.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

69_500

I think I only put about 1,400 miles on the 500 this year. Which is by far the lowest amount I've put on it in a year since I bought it.

BigBlockSam

QuoteShouldn't I mention that I don't really care for the Birds though? Especially those white one 

i know you like birds . your dad seems like a cool guy. Rene

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: 69_500 on November 24, 2007, 11:02:26 AM
I think I only put about 1,400 miles on the 500 this year. Which is by far the lowest amount I've put on it in a year since I bought it.
:notworthy:
            I am humble.  You are the man. You keeping it real, and you are taking it to the streets. 
  Where I have issues with the self proclaim purists is when they spout off about how bad another mans car is and how much better theirs is. But theirs is locked away in some climate controlled tomb.
          For all of the guys building copy's of the real thing I say good for you. But do your best at it.  You are giving back the experience you had when you saw your first wingcar. So make it the best one you can.    Taking innocence is so much fun.   John

69_500

No definatley not the man. I just drive my 500 because that is what it was meant for. It wasn't meant to be parked in a garage, and only stared at by me. I love seeing people's faces when they see the car driving down the road. OH and my car is far from perfect, and far from being all origional. It has many flaws, and many scratches, and many things that need to be changed back to origional for my liking as well. But I do enjoy dirving it.

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on November 24, 2007, 11:02:26 AM
Slacker! I put 4,200 on the Barracuda since Labor day (part of that was chasing you in your gas guzzler). :P We'll be more even next summer...

Troy

pettybird

Is 1400 miles the new bae for worship?  Heck--a couple of us put that many on just getting to the end of Power Tour  ;)

69_500

I think Joanne is the one who puts a lot of miles on her car. What did she put on last year about 6,000?

Ghoste

And I know I've said it before, but Danny, your car is a lot nicer than you sometimes give it credit for.

69_500

nah, Joanne, and Doug are the ones who have nice Aero cars but drive them. I'd trade Joanne cars in a heartbeat.

Troy

I like Danny's car. I think he has to put it down so that he won't regret selling it when he finds a Daytona. ;)

By the way, auction is at $8,100.00 and still hasn't met reserve.

Troy

69_500

Oh believe me, it wouldn't matter if it was a Gold OE Certified Charger 500 I wouldn't regret selling it to buy a Daytona. I do like the 500's, like them a lot, just not nearly as much as I  :drool5: after every Daytona I see.

And by the way, I didn't think that you liked any Charger except for those 68's Troy? At least everytime I walk around a show with you those are the ones you look at, well and those crazy old E bodies.

limelightsuperbird

My name is Jim Palazzolo.  In 1993 after doing some research I bought a superbird kit from Ted.  I had already seen his ads for years with pictures of the kit parts laid out on a driveway next to a superbird.  Ted was very patient and answered all my questions, and I was very thorogh about how to go about the build. I was no expert on these cars but I wanted a superbird since I was a kid. To me this car had to be "real" to me without the price tag, because I was never going to sell it. So basically any money put into this dream car of mine would be  gone forever, I would never see a dime back out of this car.  I had already picked up a clean satellite  and ted was helpful day or night when I needed advise on headlight bucket assembly and installation, wing trunk braces, nosecone mounting brackets and even how to cover the fiberglass windshield pillar mouldings with polished stainless steel tape.  They came out PERFECT, as did the whole car.                             That brings me to why I am writing this.  Ted Janak spent hours explaining everthing in detail helping whenever I called. He understood how convincing the car had to be to ME! His parts made it happen. It won at 1995 mopar nats , autorama, power tour, ect, ect.         
Birdman 
          Superbird 528 Hemi 5-speed  3.73 axle
          1970 Satellite 440 4-speed 4.10 axle
          1974 Challenger Rally 383 auto
          1999 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4
          1960 Imperial Le Baron
          1966 Coronet
          1958 Cadillac
          1968 Cadillac flower car
          1969 Cadillac Deville Convertibles
          1969 Cadillac Devilles
          1998 GMC Dually 
          1978 Tubbed Buick Regal T-type
          1985 Cadillac Eldo. Touring Cpe

moparstuart

Quote from: limelightsuperbird on January 23, 2011, 02:06:01 PM
My name is Jim Palazzolo.  In 1993 after doing some research I bought a superbird kit from Ted.  I had already seen his ads for years with pictures of the kit parts laid out on a driveway next to a superbird.  Ted was very patient and answered all my questions, and I was very thorogh about how to go about the build. I was no expert on these cars but I wanted a superbird since I was a kid. To me this car had to be "real" to me without the price tag, because I was never going to sell it. So basically any money put into this dream car of mine would be  gone forever, I would never see a dime back out of this car.  I had already picked up a clean satellite  and ted was helpful day or night when I needed advise on headlight bucket assembly and installation, wing trunk braces, nosecone mounting brackets and even how to cover the fiberglass windshield pillar mouldings with polished stainless steel tape.  They came out PERFECT, as did the whole car.                             That brings me to why I am writing this.  Ted Janak spent hours explaining everthing in detail helping whenever I called. He understood how convincing the car had to be to ME! His parts made it happen. It won at 1995 mopar nats , autorama, power tour, ect, ect.         
pictures please

BigBlockSam