News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pentastar logo on passenger side fender, exactly where do it go???

Started by RTPTRON, October 01, 2005, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTPTRON

Well it looks like my car is all back together except we don't know exactly where the Pentastar goes.

Does anyone have a picture showing the exact distance vertically and horizonally from body lines.  In other words, where does this damn thing go?

Thanks

Blown70

IN the holes the body shop probably mudded over.... :D  They did this on mine not know they were supposed to be there :rotz:  I am sure you will have someone that will know.

What car make model and year do you have.

AKcharger

What year car? 68-70 it was on Passanger side front fender aft of the wheel centered BELOW the body line, 71-72 almost the same but above body line. Here's a link to the Charger fever site, you'll find about any picture you could want there.

Oh, on my cars I cut off that post and just used silicone to put them on, drilling a hole causes rust!

Good luck!

http://www.chargerfever.com/eld2004/eld2004pics/eld2004todd/IM000040.html

RTPTRON

I'm Sorry, left out some important information.  My car is a 1968 Charger RT.

Mfr426

I have the same problem with my 69. The paint shop put mudd right over it and I can see the ooze from behind the fender so I know where the hole is. I'm afraid if I push the ooze out though that I'll take out a nice chunk of paint on the body along with it. See if you can get behind it and find the hole. That will at least give you a reference point.

What color is the car? Is that F8????

Mike R in Reading PA

MFR42

RTPTRON

Quote from: Mfr426 on October 02, 2005, 05:32:56 PM

What color is the car? Is that F8????

Mfr426, Thanks for the reply.  I am thinking that I will just glue it on when I find out exactly where it goes.  I am concerned, like you said, that pushing out the mud will take out a chunk of paint.  That would be bad after spending a bunch of money on a paint job.

We started with the PPG paint code for TT1.  Is it exact? don't really know, I tried to find a TT1 car with the original paint but there were none to be found in the Seattle area.  At least not at the Spring Roundup show back in May before we painted it.

It is base coat/clear coat unlike anything they had in 1968 so it's not going to be exact.  It has 4 coats of clear that make it seem to change shades of green as you walk around it changing the light reflection angles.

I am hoping that someone will reply with the exact location on the passenger fender.

Mfr426

RTPTRON, I'm sure someone will give you the info that you need. Nice paint...nice paint.

Good luck!

8WHEELER

PICS
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

RTPTRON

Todd Wilson

Brock Samson

it goes three inches from the door handle on the north east side, but ya gotta use a left handed crescent wench or she wont line up correctly. :rotz:

8WHEELER

Quote from: RTPTRON on October 03, 2005, 01:06:19 AM
Hey Dan, I love you man

Better late than never my friend   :2thumbs:
Can't wait to see your rig when its done..........SOON

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 03, 2005, 01:17:01 AM
it goes three inches from the door handle on the north east side, but ya gotta use a left handed crescent wench or she wont line up correctly. :rotz:

OK cool! Thanks!

Todd

rebby

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 03, 2005, 01:14:24 AM
Anyone have the measurements for the drivers side? :icon_smile_big:

Todd

There is no pentastar on the driver's side. Just the one on the passenger fender.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Troy

Quote from: rebby on October 03, 2005, 06:41:11 AM

Todd

There is no pentastar on the driver's side. Just the one on the passenger fender.

He was joking... notice the big smiley?  :icon_smile_big:

Good for the newbies to know though. :thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

rebby

Quote from: Troy on October 03, 2005, 07:30:15 AM

Todd

He was joking... notice the big smiley?  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

I realized that it was a joke but like you said, clarification is good for newbies...
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Todd Wilson

Quote from: rebby on October 04, 2005, 08:52:03 PM
Quote from: Troy on October 03, 2005, 07:30:15 AM

Todd

He was joking... notice the big smiley?   :icon_smile_big:

Troy

I realized that it was a joke but like you said, clarification is good for newbies...

HAHA!   I am a long ways from a newbie!

Todd

41husk

Oh no I just ordered a left handed cresent off e-bay, the thing cost me a fortune :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 41husk on October 06, 2005, 08:21:21 AM
Oh no I just ordered a left handed cresent off e-bay, the thing cost me a fortune :icon_smile_big:

You can use it to change your drive shaft fluid also!

Todd