News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemigeno, hows the resto going?

Started by 41husk, November 20, 2007, 08:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: learical1 on November 21, 2007, 12:51:15 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 20, 2007, 06:08:53 PM
You came to life in 75? I didn't come to life until 78 so I guess I totally missed out on those awsome shoes and hair do's.

Its funny but I can still picture Gene walking around with a backpack though.

Young punk! Get off my lawn!

I'm sure that comment was hurled in my direction more than once - but I was probably on a banana-seat buzz bike then (with the "Wide One" rear tire of course). 

If you'd have seen me walking around either Carlisle or the 'Nats you'd know what Danny was referring to - I still have a backback that I use to carry around reference material while I'm at the swap meets / shows.  No TopSiders though...

gtx6970

You came to life in 75? I didn't come to life until 78 so I guess I totally missed out on those awsome shoes and hair do's.

such a pup,
Thanks , Now I feel old...... I graduated High School in 78'

Oh , and I can vouch for Genes backpack is still with him

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on November 21, 2007, 09:13:07 AM
Quote from: learical1 on November 21, 2007, 12:51:15 AM

Young punk! Get off my lawn!

I'm sure that comment was hurled in my direction more than once - but I was probably on a banana-seat buzz bike then (with the "Wide One" rear tire of course). 

If you'd have seen me walking around either Carlisle or the 'Nats you'd know what Danny was referring to - I still have a backback that I use to carry around reference material while I'm at the swap meets / shows.  No TopSiders though...

i had a schwinn orange crate bike with a big banana seat W/struts attached to the sissy bar , and wide rear tire and small front tire with chopper/ springer forks .   cool ride

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

QuoteI graduated High School in 78' 

i graduated High School  in 77

Quotehad a schwinn orange crate bike with a big banana seat W/struts attached to the sissy bar , and wide rear tire and small front tire with chopper/ springer forks .   cool ride 

my next door friend had one of them . i had a cheap stingray bike . that i put angle forks on the front and made it a chopper . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 21, 2007, 11:51:42 AM
QuoteI graduated High School in 78' 

i graduated High School  in 77

Quote  had a schwinn orange crate bike with a big banana seat W/struts attached to the sissy bar , and wide rear tire and small front tire with chopper/ springer forks .   cool ride 

my next door friend had one of them . i had a cheap stingray bike . that i put angle forks on the front and made it a chopper . Rene
i did that too on an earlier bike cut fork off another bike and jammed them on my forks and got a smaller tire
    was cinda squirrly turning tho    and man your old 77  I gradiated in the 80's  LOLl

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 21, 2007, 02:20:35 PM
Quote  man your old 

:yesnod: :rotz:
I will be 40 in march ,Im regretting i said your old

learical1

We have rather thoroughly hijacked this!   :D 
Bruce

hemigeno

Quote from: learical1 on November 21, 2007, 03:48:22 PM
We have rather thoroughly hijacked this! :D

Entertaining, nonetheless.   :P

Here's a couple of pics from back in late September -  just so Troy or Chris don't move this thread to OT on us...

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on November 21, 2007, 05:19:11 PM
Quote from: learical1 on November 21, 2007, 03:48:22 PM
We have rather thoroughly hijacked this! :D

Entertaining, nonetheless.   :P

Here's a couple of pics from back in late September -  just so Troy or Chris don't move this thread to OT on us...
look at that the moderator took car of us and kept our thread going   thanks geno

BigBlockSam

69_500

Hey where did the nostalgic conversation go to? Ah what am I talking about, I wasn't around then to put my  :Twocents: in anyways. Even though you all are older, I'm not sure who loved the wing cars first though. I can say that from day 1 I loved them as I came home from the hospital in a Daytona. Okay so maybe not from day one, but at the latest by 1979.

I wasn't aware of any of your ages though until this thread. And yeah I know I've heard plenty of "YOUNG PUNK, get off my lawn" comments in my life. Seems everywhere I've gone, I've always been the youngest in the group.

I did have a hand me down Schwinn that was identical to the one Gene mentioned. I can say though that by the time I was riding it, it was no longer the "in" bike. It was probably the cool bike to ride years earlier though, but in 1985 if you didn't have a BMX you weren't cool. And well I wasn't.