News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 Charger Upper Door pads from B/E & A

Started by Troy, November 23, 2007, 12:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I was asked to post this by Mike so here you go:

68-70 Charger upper door pads will be finished in the next 3-4 weeks and available several weeks after that if all goes well.  The pads will come complete with the Charger medallion in the front pads, the first pads will be black with some colors to follow.  They will be made like the originals, foam covered metal frame covered in vinyl.

If you are interested in a color, other than black, plz let me know so I can get a handle on the quantity of which color and how many so we can evaluate the feasibility to produce that color.  Do to the quantity, there may be a small premium for colors other than black.

Credit card will be accepted, VISA M/C & Discover.  As always, pre-orders will not be billed until the parts are in the warehouse and ready to ship.

And for the zillion dollar answer to the question.......price for the 4 piece set is $515.

Michael C. Ross
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Alright.  :cheers:

I hope that I'm not the only one who is excited about this piece.

White one's are impossible to find in good shape. If they aren't cracked, they are stained with 40 years worth of crap on them.

41husk

At over $700 for Just Dashes to do them, all I can say is why didn't you do these 3 years ago :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparjohn

Sounds great, I've seen their other work (headrests) and it's been nice.  I would like to see them as soon as they're out!!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

xs29j8Bullitt

Sounds great Mike!  As I mentioned in another thread, I will order at least four sets.  I think these will sell great!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

68charger383

Add me to the dark blue list.

Hopefully we'll get a similar number of people looking for this color as in the arm rest post.

$515 is the selling price...is there going to be a group discount?
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger-Bodie

it was in the first post of the thread: And for the zillion dollar answer to the question.......price for the 4 piece set is $515.

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

Hopefully Mike will answer that. He made mention of group buy pricing when these were first announced. At the time the projected price was $450-550.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Troy on November 25, 2007, 12:00:11 AM
Hopefully Mike will answer that. He made mention of group buy pricing when these were first announced. At the time the projected price was $450-550.

Troy

I guess I always assumed the prices he mentioned were the "group buy" prices...  :shruggy:

Allen

v21hemicharger

I'm in for 2 sets of black as soon as they get in.  Will call Tuesday.  Mike

resq302

Wow this is great news.  Wonder if they will be coming out in white? :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

GT

Alright!  About time we can get these new instead of scrounging around.  Put me down for a set !   :2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

BEAPARTS

Quote from: Troy on November 25, 2007, 12:00:11 AM

Troy

In reference to the pricing, I'm not sure yet.  I'll post it when all costing is done and we have a better handle on it.

resq302

I am sure everyone on here that has a second gen charger joins me in saying a BIG THANK YOU for undertaking such a desparately needed item.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

How are these gonna compete and/or compare now to the ones Legendary will be offering? :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36801.0.html

Mike, as it stands on this forum your prices will blow away the ones from Legendary.
Please, I WANT PICS!! And, yes, WHITE, WHITE, WHITE!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BEAPARTS

The "which ones are better" will be up to the customers to make that decision.  I'm sure that Legendary will produce a high quality piece just like all the other interior pieces we have all come to enjoy, including myself. 

If we produce the upper door pads with the same quality the market has expected from us I'm very confident our customers will be exceedingly impressed.  Our pads will be complete and will include the Charger medalions.

I have the first set of pads in route to the shop as I write, I will be posting pictures the day they come in for inspection.

Michael C. Ross - Owner

resq302

Brian

moparchris

Mike,
Please put me down for a set of 4 pads for my 69 C550 in F5 Green.

Arkgl01

I need a set of tan, black and white!!!! someone let me know when we do a group purchase!!!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

peepsrock

I'll take a set in white as soon as they are available.

NYCMille

towman

I need a set of tan!!!! someone also let me know when we do a group purchase!!!

BEAPARTS

The only drama we will have with colors is getting decent original samples.  Colors will be available as I acquire the different colors from the day.  We will be releasing the front pads first and the rears will follow shortly after that.  I am comfortable with the  pricing for the complete set, plus or minus, at $500 per set.

moparchris

My 69 F5 door panels are in excellent condition.  Its possible I could cut a small piece of the material off of the back of the panel. Would this help in achieving a correct color match?

BEAPARTS

The photos are a little jagged because of resizing issues.  I know the grain isn't correct and the stamping for the mirror remote area is being addressed. Based on all the measurements, compared to an original, it looks really good. We will be test fitting the pad tomorrow.  The medalion is installed except for the aluminum "Charger" script which will be in the production pads.

Hey, how did those Charger hood mounted turn signal indicators get in that picture?

Michael C. Ross - Owner
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

hemi68charger

Hey Mike.. Now, wow... There's a start unlike anyone before you......... As we have talked about in the past, how are the creases down the middle of the pad. As with the other two providers of "restored" pads, the crispness of the lines leave a lot to be desired on theirs and I have both versions..... Hopefully you'll get some nice close ups on your website.....

:2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BEAPARTS

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 30, 2007, 01:56:31 PM
Hey Mike.. Now, wow... There's a start unlike anyone before you......... As we have talked about in the past, how are the creases down the middle of the pad. As with the other two providers of "restored" pads, the crispness of the lines leave a lot to be desired on theirs and I have both versions..... Hopefully you'll get some nice close ups on your website.....

:2thumbs:

Troy
What do you think Troy? That's as big as the website would take.

8WHEELER

Looking good Mike. Are you making the door medalion out of metal chromed? Charger Specialties is made out of plastic
and does not look very good, the plastic chrome does not shine worth a shit   :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 30, 2007, 06:03:27 PM
Looking good Mike. Are you making the door medalion out of metal chromed? Charger Specialties is made out of plastic
and does not look very good, the plastic chrome does not shine worth a shit   :shruggy:

Dan
Plastic?  Crap, now we have to retool. I thought they were really shiny chromed potmetal.  Just a little dig, yea we did them right and they look awesome.  Should I make additional medalions and sell them separate?

Mike

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 08:01:12 PM

Dan
Plastic?  Crap, now we have to retool. I thought they were really shiny chromed potmetal.  Just a little dig, yea we did them right and they look awesome.  Should I make additional medalions and sell them separate?

Mike

Yes, you should make the insert also available seperatly!! absoluely no doubt about it!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

y3chargerrt

Nice you have a full set sold here once they are ready. They are one of the last things on my list to get.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 30, 2007, 08:04:38 PM

Dan

Mike

Yes, you should make the insert also available seperatly!! absoluely no doubt about it!!

I will make it happen, we will offer the medalions separately also.

resq302

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 08:17:20 PM

Dan

Mike

An this is why B/E&A rocks! :cheers: :musik010: :bow: :ricky: :METAL: :patriot: :punkrocka: :woohoo: :notworthy: :boogie:
Brian

8WHEELER

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 08:17:20 PM

Dan

Mike

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I NEED TWO SETS OF THEM NOW ''THE Medalions''

Now what do I do with the two sets of the CS plastic ones  :scratchchin:  they should say they are plastic, I never
would have bought these   ::)

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Old Moparz

The pads are so long overdue it isn't funny, this is great news.  :cheers:

I'd be up for a set without a doubt. I was actually considering no pads at all before I spent $700 on a marginal, recovered set without the detail in the grain & center.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BEAPARTS

UPDATE:

Door pads were test fitted yesterday, it's a good thing we control our own tooling, they didn't fit perfectly.  The farthest most front clip didn't have the recess in the metal backing which caused the very front of the pad to protrude out some.  Other than that, WOW, nice piece.  The production run of colors, other than black, will be based on sales of the black pads.  Since the highest volume of interiors were black, it will give us a good measuring post for the profitability of running the smaller volumes of other interior colors. 

Our initial pricing is always based on estimated sales over cost, we project a good sales volume of black so that volume, divided into cost, gives the selling price.  If sales are good, it will be natural to do the smaller volume colors.  So all you guys that need black, and the quality is there at a fair price, support all our other charger brothers by grabbing a set or 3.

Upper door pad medallions will be ready in approx. 2-4 weeks, we are ready to take orders.  The cost is $89 per pair and they will be made of chromed injected potmetal like the originals and detailed with the red accent.  If you are going to order the upper door pad kit, DO NOT order medallions separately as they will already be installed in the door pads.

Also, the 68-69 ($195 per set) & 70 ($195 per set) hood mounted turn signal assemblies are finished and we are ready to take orders for them.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

bill440rt

$135 per set for the '68-'69 hood signals??  :2thumbs:  :punkrocka: :notworthy: :boogie:

Do they come with the rest of the wiring, or is it just the signals?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 02, 2007, 05:46:55 AM
So all you guys that need black, and the quality is there at a fair price, support all our other charger brothers by grabbing a set or 3.

So you want me to only order 3 sets instead of 4 sets?...  :nana:  :icon_smile_wink:  :lol:

Got a question for you Mike... Are y'all going to do the "plugs" for the pads for cars that were equipped with non-remote "poverty" door mirrors?

See my pictures below...

THANKS for the update!

Allen

BEAPARTS

Quote from: bill440rt on December 02, 2007, 09:33:58 AM
$135 per set for the '68-'69 hood signals??  :2thumbs:  :punkrocka: :notworthy: :boogie:

The indicator lights will be complete with the jumper pigtail, acrylic injected molded lens (NOT CASTED) and the correct black paint on the front of the lens.

Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?  By the way, I made the "Poverty" mirror with the Penta Star on the outside of it.

OK Allen, since you've been such an awesome customer, I'll make 51 sets instead of the 50 planned so you can have 4 sets.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 02, 2007, 03:54:59 PM
OK Allen, since you've been such an awesome customer, I'll make 51 sets instead of the 50 planned so you can have 4 sets.

:2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:

Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?  By the way, I made the "Poverty" mirror with the Penta Star on the outside of it.

I will check, but I don't think so.  I will start a thread to see if we can locate one out of a cracked up door pad. The one that I pictured is in my triple black car and is in a fairly nice pad.  I guess the plugs are glued in, so will have to be cut out... but I am not sure.  Also, the plugs might be the same on other applications... maybe a generic part, I noticed the grain does not match the pad too well.

I'll add the mirror to my upcoming list... :P

Allen

bill440rt

The plugs are not glued in, but they do attach from the backside.
I have one, it came off my '70. I installed a remote mirror instead, & kept the plug stored safely. It's mint. And, oh yeah, it's white!  ;D

I can try to snag some pics of it, but I won't get the chance until later in the week.

xs29j8Bullitt

Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?

Mike - Trav can provide a plug for a pattern.  Sounds like they clip in, so he should be able to pop one out to send to you...

Here is the thread that I started about it:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37029.0.html

Allen

Belgium R/T -68

Extremely good news about the doorpads, i will order a set of black.
Nice to learn about this company  :icon_smile_big:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

BEAPARTS

Quote from: bill440rt on December 02, 2007, 09:33:58 AM

I was mistaken, the pricing on the 68-69 hood indicators is $195, I was looking at the pricing on the wrong part when it was posted.

lookin@my68

Hey Mike, thanks for bringing these to the market - they look like they are going to be great!

I've just got one question - are you doing two seperate runs for the front pads - one lot for 68's and another lot for 69-70's? Or are you just not going to make the pads with the door lock button holes in them?

Cheers,
Danny

BEAPARTS

Quote from: lookin@my68 on December 05, 2007, 05:38:41 AM
Hey Mike, thanks for bringing these to the market - they look like they are going to be great!

I've just got one question - are you doing two separate runs for the front pads - one lot for 68's and another lot for 69-70's? Or are you just not going to make the pads with the door lock button holes in them?

Cheers,
Danny

Danny,

There will actually be 3 different pads, not taking into consideration colors, the 68 pad with the lock located in the back, the 69 with the lock moved inwards and the 70 pads with the 70 grain and 69 lock location. I will be installing the lock ferrels in the 68 and 69 pads depending which one the order is for.

Mike

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

TomP

Put me down for a set of white and a set of burnt orange!
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

moparchris

If Travis can't provide the mirror plug for the door pad, I believe I have an excellent one floating around somewhere.  I will happily send this to Mike if we need to.

gers1968rt

you can put me down for a set of white 69. gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

BrianShaughnessy

I tried to give Michael an advance order this evening but ended up having a nice phone chat instead.    :coolgleamA:
Some more cool stuff coming in due time.   Looking forward to getting my order in when they're ready   :icon_smile_cool:   Thanks again Michael!   :cheers:

Just keep my place in line for black 69s.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

charge-it

When are the 68-70 b body woodgrain steering wheels going to be ready?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

runningman

I will need a set of black as well, gonna get a set of the hood turn signals as well.  Thanks, making life a lot easier for all of us.  :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

i found a nice mirror delete bezel with retaining clip. mike do you still need it? where do you want me to send it
thanks
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

yeahitsgotahemi!

Great news, I need a set in black. Thats great they come with the medallions. The thread on the legendary pads didn't even mention if they would come with new medallions.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Bullitt68RT

Any new news on these? I know I'll be needing a set in black too.
Dave T

hemi68charger

Quote from: TomP on December 05, 2007, 11:21:30 AM
Put me down for a set of white and a set of burnt orange!

Mike, this will be the difficult one.. Is there a vinyl pattern for this yet. As you probably already know, the burnt orange pad ISN'T a monochromatic color...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on December 02, 2007, 11:47:40 PM
Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?

Mike - Trav can provide a plug for a pattern.  Sounds like they clip in, so he should be able to pop one out to send to you...

Here is the thread that I started about it:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37029.0.html

Allen

Yes, they do.. I just took a plug off one of my black ones to sell to a buddy...... Now, I just gotta get it to him..........  Geeezzzz, my memory is fading................

troy
Troy

BEAPARTS

Quote from: charge-it on December 07, 2007, 11:03:38 PM
When are the 68-70 b body woodgrain steering wheels going to be ready?

The tooling is finished for the woodgrain wheel.  We are still tweeking the die for the steel part of the wheel. We should have something soon.

68charger383

Not to go off topic, but any estimated pricing yet for the new wheel  and will it included the center piece with the fratzog emblem or is this something else you'll be reproducing soon :popcrn:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 68charger383 on December 20, 2007, 05:25:12 PM
Not to go off topic, but any estimated pricing yet for the new wheel  and will it included the center piece with the fratzog emblem or is this something else you'll be reproducing soon :popcrn:

Right now, we plan on making the plastic ring and the satin chrome adapter ring with the wheel.  I really don't have an estimate on the cost yet.

ErikH

Gentlemen,

Looks like I found the right forum!  I will definitly get a set of light blue upper pads if they are offered!  I have an original for color matching, if required.

Erik
68 Charger R/T, 440/727
Blue with blue interior, black vinyl top, RT stripe

resq302

Welcome to the BEST charger site out there on the web. :cheers: :wave:
Brian

Charged_It

Any idea when these will be available for purchase?    Put me down for a set of black.

Chatt69chgr

Hey Mike, I'am in for a set of the 69 Charger door pads also------black.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: Charged_It on January 11, 2008, 09:49:16 PM
Any idea when these will be available for purchase?    Put me down for a set of black.

We test fit the corrected pads that we tweaked a little from the first set.  Everthing went exceptionally well, the last area we need to address is where the retaining clips slide onto the metal frame on the back.  We need to have relieves in the foam so when the clip is slid in, the front of the pad doesn't pucker up.  The new medallions look really nice.

daytonalo

MIKE FOR PRESIDENT !!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

MoparGuy

Put me down for a set of 68 black door pads.
Awesome site for info & insights into our Chargers.  Where else can you get such a weatlh of knowledge?
This site has really helped me! HATS off to all!
Thanks,
MoparGuy

rare69

rare69

NO, really,any update. I have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Ryan

I talked to mike today and he told me very soon, but he did not have an exact date.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA