News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 Charger Upper Door pads from B/E & A

Started by Troy, November 23, 2007, 12:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Mike.. Now, wow... There's a start unlike anyone before you......... As we have talked about in the past, how are the creases down the middle of the pad. As with the other two providers of "restored" pads, the crispness of the lines leave a lot to be desired on theirs and I have both versions..... Hopefully you'll get some nice close ups on your website.....

:2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BEAPARTS

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 30, 2007, 01:56:31 PM
Hey Mike.. Now, wow... There's a start unlike anyone before you......... As we have talked about in the past, how are the creases down the middle of the pad. As with the other two providers of "restored" pads, the crispness of the lines leave a lot to be desired on theirs and I have both versions..... Hopefully you'll get some nice close ups on your website.....

:2thumbs:

Troy
What do you think Troy? That's as big as the website would take.

8WHEELER

Looking good Mike. Are you making the door medalion out of metal chromed? Charger Specialties is made out of plastic
and does not look very good, the plastic chrome does not shine worth a shit   :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 30, 2007, 06:03:27 PM
Looking good Mike. Are you making the door medalion out of metal chromed? Charger Specialties is made out of plastic
and does not look very good, the plastic chrome does not shine worth a shit   :shruggy:

Dan
Plastic?  Crap, now we have to retool. I thought they were really shiny chromed potmetal.  Just a little dig, yea we did them right and they look awesome.  Should I make additional medalions and sell them separate?

Mike

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 08:01:12 PM

Dan
Plastic?  Crap, now we have to retool. I thought they were really shiny chromed potmetal.  Just a little dig, yea we did them right and they look awesome.  Should I make additional medalions and sell them separate?

Mike

Yes, you should make the insert also available seperatly!! absoluely no doubt about it!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

y3chargerrt

Nice you have a full set sold here once they are ready. They are one of the last things on my list to get.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 30, 2007, 08:04:38 PM

Dan

Mike

Yes, you should make the insert also available seperatly!! absoluely no doubt about it!!

I will make it happen, we will offer the medalions separately also.

resq302

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 08:17:20 PM

Dan

Mike

An this is why B/E&A rocks! :cheers: :musik010: :bow: :ricky: :METAL: :patriot: :punkrocka: :woohoo: :notworthy: :boogie:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

8WHEELER

Quote from: BEAPARTS on November 30, 2007, 08:17:20 PM

Dan

Mike

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I NEED TWO SETS OF THEM NOW ''THE Medalions''

Now what do I do with the two sets of the CS plastic ones  :scratchchin:  they should say they are plastic, I never
would have bought these   ::)

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Old Moparz

The pads are so long overdue it isn't funny, this is great news.  :cheers:

I'd be up for a set without a doubt. I was actually considering no pads at all before I spent $700 on a marginal, recovered set without the detail in the grain & center.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BEAPARTS

UPDATE:

Door pads were test fitted yesterday, it's a good thing we control our own tooling, they didn't fit perfectly.  The farthest most front clip didn't have the recess in the metal backing which caused the very front of the pad to protrude out some.  Other than that, WOW, nice piece.  The production run of colors, other than black, will be based on sales of the black pads.  Since the highest volume of interiors were black, it will give us a good measuring post for the profitability of running the smaller volumes of other interior colors. 

Our initial pricing is always based on estimated sales over cost, we project a good sales volume of black so that volume, divided into cost, gives the selling price.  If sales are good, it will be natural to do the smaller volume colors.  So all you guys that need black, and the quality is there at a fair price, support all our other charger brothers by grabbing a set or 3.

Upper door pad medallions will be ready in approx. 2-4 weeks, we are ready to take orders.  The cost is $89 per pair and they will be made of chromed injected potmetal like the originals and detailed with the red accent.  If you are going to order the upper door pad kit, DO NOT order medallions separately as they will already be installed in the door pads.

Also, the 68-69 ($195 per set) & 70 ($195 per set) hood mounted turn signal assemblies are finished and we are ready to take orders for them.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

bill440rt

$135 per set for the '68-'69 hood signals??  :2thumbs:  :punkrocka: :notworthy: :boogie:

Do they come with the rest of the wiring, or is it just the signals?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 02, 2007, 05:46:55 AM
So all you guys that need black, and the quality is there at a fair price, support all our other charger brothers by grabbing a set or 3.

So you want me to only order 3 sets instead of 4 sets?...  :nana:  :icon_smile_wink:  :lol:

Got a question for you Mike... Are y'all going to do the "plugs" for the pads for cars that were equipped with non-remote "poverty" door mirrors?

See my pictures below...

THANKS for the update!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

BEAPARTS

Quote from: bill440rt on December 02, 2007, 09:33:58 AM
$135 per set for the '68-'69 hood signals??  :2thumbs:  :punkrocka: :notworthy: :boogie:

The indicator lights will be complete with the jumper pigtail, acrylic injected molded lens (NOT CASTED) and the correct black paint on the front of the lens.

Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?  By the way, I made the "Poverty" mirror with the Penta Star on the outside of it.

OK Allen, since you've been such an awesome customer, I'll make 51 sets instead of the 50 planned so you can have 4 sets.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 02, 2007, 03:54:59 PM
OK Allen, since you've been such an awesome customer, I'll make 51 sets instead of the 50 planned so you can have 4 sets.

:2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:

Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?  By the way, I made the "Poverty" mirror with the Penta Star on the outside of it.

I will check, but I don't think so.  I will start a thread to see if we can locate one out of a cracked up door pad. The one that I pictured is in my triple black car and is in a fairly nice pad.  I guess the plugs are glued in, so will have to be cut out... but I am not sure.  Also, the plugs might be the same on other applications... maybe a generic part, I noticed the grain does not match the pad too well.

I'll add the mirror to my upcoming list... :P

Allen

bill440rt

The plugs are not glued in, but they do attach from the backside.
I have one, it came off my '70. I installed a remote mirror instead, & kept the plug stored safely. It's mint. And, oh yeah, it's white!  ;D

I can try to snag some pics of it, but I won't get the chance until later in the week.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

xs29j8Bullitt

Allen, do you have an extra plug I could use?

Mike - Trav can provide a plug for a pattern.  Sounds like they clip in, so he should be able to pop one out to send to you...

Here is the thread that I started about it:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37029.0.html

Allen

Belgium R/T -68

Extremely good news about the doorpads, i will order a set of black.
Nice to learn about this company  :icon_smile_big:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

BEAPARTS

Quote from: bill440rt on December 02, 2007, 09:33:58 AM

I was mistaken, the pricing on the 68-69 hood indicators is $195, I was looking at the pricing on the wrong part when it was posted.

lookin@my68

Hey Mike, thanks for bringing these to the market - they look like they are going to be great!

I've just got one question - are you doing two seperate runs for the front pads - one lot for 68's and another lot for 69-70's? Or are you just not going to make the pads with the door lock button holes in them?

Cheers,
Danny

BEAPARTS

Quote from: lookin@my68 on December 05, 2007, 05:38:41 AM
Hey Mike, thanks for bringing these to the market - they look like they are going to be great!

I've just got one question - are you doing two separate runs for the front pads - one lot for 68's and another lot for 69-70's? Or are you just not going to make the pads with the door lock button holes in them?

Cheers,
Danny

Danny,

There will actually be 3 different pads, not taking into consideration colors, the 68 pad with the lock located in the back, the 69 with the lock moved inwards and the 70 pads with the 70 grain and 69 lock location. I will be installing the lock ferrels in the 68 and 69 pads depending which one the order is for.

Mike

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

TomP

Put me down for a set of white and a set of burnt orange!
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

moparchris

If Travis can't provide the mirror plug for the door pad, I believe I have an excellent one floating around somewhere.  I will happily send this to Mike if we need to.

gers1968rt

you can put me down for a set of white 69. gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.