News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New To This Board!

Started by 1meanfish, November 27, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Here are some pics I took at "Mopars At The Strip" (first show)

I also have come up with a new style vacuum switching valve for the OE style headlight vacuum operating system. Just in case you are trying to find an original headlight switch.

Bryan

hotrod98

The linear acuators are $60 each, pull less than 4 amps and will hold the headlamp assembly in the open or closed position without any vibration. They have self contained internal stops, are waterproof and should last quite a while since they're not used all that often. They will work whether the engine's running or not and are not affected by vacuum leaks. Besides, you don't have to worry about the pods leaking off and having those headlamps slowly opening while parked. That's kind of embarrassing when showing the car at the local car show.
I haven't ruled out using the GTO pods yet. Just kind of curious about the actuators. Thinking about using them just to see if they will work. 
I like doing things a little different sometimes.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

The only upside to using the linear acuators.As vacuum works well enough :Would be if you could raise or lower the headlights with a key fob operation. :icon_smile_big:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 28, 2007, 09:07:06 PM
The linear acuators are $60 each, pull less than 4 amps and will hold the headlamp assembly in the open or closed position without any vibration. They have self contained internal stops, are waterproof and should last quite a while since they're not used all that often. They will work whether the engine's running or not and are not affected by vacuum leaks. Besides, you don't have to worry about the pods leaking off and having those headlamps slowly opening while parked.
Larry, the linear acuators sound like the way to go on the the headlights system on a clone. On a stock system without the clocksprings attached the headlight bucket will never pop open until you start or turn on the headlight switch.
Ken

hotrod98

Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 28, 2007, 09:13:39 PM
The only upside to using the linear acuators.As vacuum works well enough :Would be if you could raise or lower the headlights with a key fob operation. :icon_smile_big:

That would be trick. May have to look into that.

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on November 28, 2007, 10:03:19 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on November 28, 2007, 09:07:06 PM
The linear acuators are $60 each, pull less than 4 amps and will hold the headlamp assembly in the open or closed position without any vibration. They have self contained internal stops, are waterproof and should last quite a while since they're not used all that often. They will work whether the engine's running or not and are not affected by vacuum leaks. Besides, you don't have to worry about the pods leaking off and having those headlamps slowly opening while parked.
Larry, the linear acuators sound like the way to go on the the headlights system on a clone. On a stock system without the clocksprings attached the headlight bucket will never pop open until you start or turn on the headlight switch.
Ken

Ken, what were the clock springs actually installed for? Seems like I hear about the guys leaving them off a lot. Did they serve some purpose?

P.S. I love it when we say something that gets the wing car pros to respond. I always wonder if they're out there watching us.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

Hemi_tyme

Larry, the purpose of the spring is to pop open the headlights in case of vacuum failure while driving at night.
Ken

hotrod98

I guess that means there's a lot of wingcar owners out there driving at night praying that there's no vacuum failure. No headlights means no more wingcar. :scratchchin:

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 28, 2007, 11:59:04 PM
I guess that means there's a lot of wingcar owners out there driving at night praying that there's no vacuum failure. No headlights means no more wingcar. :scratchchin:

Eh... slow down and they stay up.  Have you guys pushed down on a headlight while the car's running?  They're stiff!