News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

I wouldn't have paid for the thing in the first place due to misrepresentation on their part.   My buddy boned out a 70 RT four speed car five years ago that was in better shape than that thing.   He did part the thing out, though.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

cudaken

Here is my street peeler. My rust was just as bad as Tonys, my guess there build number's follow each other. Mine was first ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RT DAVE on December 20, 2005, 06:19:18 PM
I wouldn't have paid for the thing in the first place due to misrepresentation on their part.     My buddy boned out a 70 RT four speed car five years ago that was in better shape than that thing.     He did part the thing out, though.     

If I had that choice I wouldn't have paid for it either - have you never bought anything off of e-bay?  and don't tell me I should have gone and looked at it, from Hawaii that would have cost way too much, I went by the description plain and simple and got screwed, now if all your going to do is tell me what an ass I am then don't waste your time - I KNOW I GOT SCREWD THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

cudaken

Tony, don't worry about people that second guess. You know the old saying about hind site. Neither one of us would have bought are cars if we knew what was coming. Guess it something like getting a child with special needs. You love it, work with it and make it the best you can.

Tony my friend, don't worry about the second guessers and people that parted out better than yours. Screw it, you have what you got and make it the best you can. And remember what I told you when you show the PIC's at the first show you go to.

Plus, you will do something that other's did not have the guts to do.

If I was you, I let this post die and not answer it any longer. People love to beat you down, makes them feel better about them self.

Just remember what Steve told me "Ken, you and I both know you will never fix this Charger, when you are tired of it laying in your drive way I will dragg it off". I wish I had a PIC of his faces when I melted the hides in his drive way. :icon_smile_approve:

By the way, never claim to be smart, nor am I a banker. I really don't care what the Charger is worth, to me it is price less!

Ken

I am back

AirborneSilva

thanks for putting it back in perspective for me Ken.

RT DAVE

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 20, 2005, 06:25:31 PM
Quote from: RT DAVE on December 20, 2005, 06:19:18 PM
I wouldn't have paid for the thing in the first place due to misrepresentation on their part.     My buddy boned out a 70 RT four speed car five years ago that was in better shape than that thing.     He did part the thing out, though.     

If I had that choice I wouldn't have paid for it either - have you never bought anything off of e-bay?   and don't tell me I should have gone and looked at it, from Hawaii that would have cost way too much, I went by the description plain and simple and got screwed, now if all your going to do is tell me what an ass I am then don't waste your time - I KNOW I GOT SCREWD THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

I'm wasn't familiar with all of the logistics on how you purchased the car, so I shouldn't have jumped on you like that.  The point I was trying to make (and didn't) was that you probably could have backed out since the car wasn't as described.  I would think that ebay would have allowed you to back out due to this, but I wouldn't know because everything I've bought has been as described.  My apologies if you think my entire purpose was to kick you while you're down.  My main intention was to inform you and others that you don't need to complete transactions if there is misrepresentation on the part of the seller.   It was my mistake for adding that part about my buddies car.  His car, btw is not something I would have boned now or then.   I kinda thought he was a dumbass for cutting it up, but he made more money that way.
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

sharpspike

ebay is just there to make their money, not help with fraud.

youll see all of hlpag's auctions their feedback is private ( so nobody can see they suck ) and the bidders names are private ( so nobody can warn them ). why does ebay allow this, feedback is there for a reason so you can see who your buying from. :cussing:

airborne

you gotten any status on your case from the AG?

janimm

For some of us, buying without seeing is only way to make our dream come true. I'm from Finland, and recently bought a -68 Coronet Convertible from eBay. I made a decision based on images and talking with the seller over the phone. Flying to see the car would not have been possible. Currently car is sailing somewhere at Atlantic ocean. It will be pretty exiting moment when it finally arrives...  ??? :o

Its too easy to be smart afterwise. For me these cars are hobby and passion, not something to be reasoning with. I rather make my dreams come true than think: "I've should have done that...."

Good Luck with your Charger project Tony.  :)

six-tee-nine

Hey janimm....

I'm from belgium an i'm planning of buying a Charger but i'll definitly fly over to the states to check the car out, unless a third person ( perhaps someone from the board here) who lives in the neighourhood wants to go and check out for me.

I'm just too affraid of spending over $ 10K on something not even worth the half of it...

I know what you mean besause some days i 'm also thinkin of putting my dream into the fridge because i'm a little bit scared of making the trip to the US and detting it all done.
But hey lots of other guys did it before me and pulled it of also, so why could't I???

Anyway i hope your Coronet turnes out to be a nice car....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

BigBlackDodge

THIS WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT PROJECT CAR FOR A FATHER AND SON TEAM!

LOL......yhea........Bill Gates and his kid maybe. They're the only ones rich enough to bring these heaps back.

Looks like the HLPAG leftovers after making all those Ginny Lee's. ::)

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

BBD

BB1

Where do they get them all? It's like an endless supply of Charger with all there parts riped off.  :flame:
I think they're taking off all the parts, and using them on their GL's. All what's left is a carcase. Here's a pile of rusted junk, go make a nice Charger if you can...  :rotz:

A heap of bondo and a primer paint to cover up the rust, whamo a HLPAG special.

Heeee Haaawwww, get ya one, father son.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Yeah, now you can't warn the people to stay the hell away.

Quote from: sharpspike on December 30, 2005, 08:13:19 PM
the boys are at it again, private feedback, private bidder list. THANKS EBAY FOR PROTECTING THE BUYERS.

4 at once, must be their red tag sale

Delete my profile

Highbanked Hauler

Hey Guys,What about a 68-70 B-Body SHORT INNERSTRUCTURE CLIP  that would get rid of the biggest part of the uglys if you are going to save the car?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 12, 2006, 08:09:38 PM
Hey Guys,What about a 68-70 B-Body SHORT INNERSTRUCTURE CLIP  that would get rid of the biggest part of the uglys if you are going to save the car?

Are you offering it or suggesting it  ???  And yes the plan is to save the car (even though some think I should junk it) but I have to wait until the Illinois AG gives me the go ahead - and who knows how long they are going to take!

genlee1970

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 02, 2005, 09:50:59 AM
they got brass balls, saying that the trunk was cut out. there gonna mess with the wrong person one day and get hurt. Rene

Where's that guy with the hammer who took out that crooked Mopar parts vendor a few years back? He could be the HLPAG Vigilante!!!! Someone needs to stop these a**holes. Good luck with whatever course of action you decide to take. Keep us posted.    Al

chargervert

That gives a whole new meaning to the statement,"someones gonna nail that son of a bit*h! Easily repairable head ,skull removed for replacement,easy resto for amature Doctor,and son! :icon_smile_big: :rotz: :icon_smile_evil:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: chargervert on January 16, 2006, 10:19:04 AM
That gives a whole new meaning to the statement,"someones gonna nail that son of a bit*h! Easily repairable head ,skull removed for replacement,easy resto for amature Doctor,and son! :icon_smile_big: :rotz: :icon_smile_evil:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are  :yesnod:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: genlee1970 on January 15, 2006, 09:30:54 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 02, 2005, 09:50:59 AM
they got brass balls, saying that the trunk was cut out. there gonna mess with the wrong person one day and get hurt. Rene

Where's that guy with the hammer who took out that crooked Mopar parts vendor a few years back? He could be the HLPAG Vigilante!!!! Someone needs to stop these a**holes. Good luck with whatever course of action you decide to take. Keep us posted.    Al

Yeah where are the waccos of the world when you need them  :icon_smile_big:... 

bull

Quote from: sharpspike on December 29, 2005, 12:02:58 AM
ebay is just there to make their money, not help with fraud.

youll see all of hlpag's auctions their feedback is private ( so nobody can see they suck ) and the bidders names are private ( so nobody can warn them ). why does ebay allow this, feedback is there for a reason so you can see who your buying from. :cussing:

The easy/obvious answer is don't buy anything from someone on Ebay with private feedback. I agree that Ebay shouldn't allow private feedback at all, but they do. Ebay is a dangerous way to buy a car IMO. I don't mind buying $50-$100 parts from people with public feedback but I'm not brave enough to buy the big ticket items without myself or someone I trust seeing the item first.

Whatever happens, I hope airborne gets his money back AND gets to keep the car AND hlpag gets fined and/or run out of business. Hlpag is a scourge to this hobby that needs to be eliminated.

chargervert

Rene is right! He will cross the wrong person one of these days. not everyone handles things as civilized as Airborne Silva has! I commend him! I can't honestly say I wouldn't have been on the next plane out to pay a visit to him! I wouldn't like to see what operation would be required for him to have a whole 69 Charger extracted from his ass!

sharpspike

Quote from: chargervert on January 16, 2006, 07:50:13 PM
Rene is right! He will cross the wrong person one of these days. not everyone handles things as civilized as Airborne Silva has! I commend him! I can't honestly say I wouldn't have been on the next plane out to pay a visit to him! I wouldn't like to see what operation would be required for him to have a whole 69 Charger extracted from his ass!

just hope its a general lee with his father and son driving it. :drive:

69fourspd

I am also angree for you.   :icon_smile_angry: I live locally in Illinois, and see adds for these cars all the time.  It is hard to find cars around here like it because the suck them up and destroy them at Luedke.  About 2 years ago I started looking hard for a 68-69 R/T, at came across them.  When I saw what they were trying to pawn I was furious at the shotty work and false advertisement.  I am very leary of Chargers in this area because of them, which is prob. why I still have not found one.  I wish you the best of luck on getting something back for your car, but have to agree with Daytona R/T - way to much money and work to restore.  I Jjust cant believe these guys are still getting away with this  :flame:

chargervert

Hey Airborne, Check the cars for sale section, 69 Charger 2002 has several 68-70 Charger project cars for sale! The prices range from as low as $1500 to $6000. He is in Louisana, those cars he is selling are from the south,and have a lot less rust,than that one you bought! Some of the cars are R/Ts I think his prices are reasonable!

AirborneSilva

Quote from: chargervert on January 19, 2006, 05:37:07 PM
Hey Airborne, Check the cars for sale section, 69 Charger 2002 has several 68-70 Charger project cars for sale! The prices range from as low as $1500 to $6000. He is in Louisana, those cars he is selling are from the south,and have a lot less rust,than that one you bought! Some of the cars are R/Ts I think his prices are reasonable!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look but don't think the commander in chief will let me buy anything at this time - we just plunked down $5k for a two car garage kit and still have to pay for the slab it will sit on... 

chargervert