News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Quote from: chargervert on January 19, 2006, 09:23:11 PM
Were keepin an eye out for ya!

Yes you are, and I DO appreciate it  ;)  I am going to run that 68 and 69 R/T by her (if I can catch her at the right moment that is), and see if I can't squeeze some money outta her.  I wish I could get some kind of an answer from the Illinois AG.... 

chargervert

That guy 69 Charger 2002,said he has over 35 Chargers right now! Good luck gettin them by the boss!

AirborneSilva

I just sent an e-mail to a lawyer that a member of our forum here gave me.  The lawyer is based in new jersey so I hope they can help me, I'm tired of waiting for the Illinois AG to do something and have to wonder if they can even do anything to these errogant Mother F*ckers in the first place.  When I bought the car I wanted something that I can get on the street in 2 or 3 years, now many of you are telling me that it will never see the street again, or that it will just be too cost prohibative.  The more I wait the more pissed I'm getting and the more anxious for a charger R/T that I can actually work on and get on the street to enjoy before I'm too fu*king old to enjoy it  :flame:

chargervert

Hey Airborne, I feel your anger,but you don't want to throw good money after bad! I have been building,and restoring Mopars,and specifically Chargers for the last twentyfive years. there are better bodies out there for the same or less money,just put it aside,and let the law take its course,if you can afford to grab one of those other Chargers,from that other guy, I think you would have a far better starting point!

AirborneSilva

Chargervert, I really wish I could.  If I get a lawyer it would have to be one who took it on consignment, I don't get money they don't get money kind of thing.  If I had the money to go out and hire a lawyer then yeah I would just go buy me another charger and as you said let the law take it's course (with the AG that is).  I just don't have the money (maybe after the garage is built), and I just don't see anything happening with the AG and don't have much faith in a bureacracy (spelling), that I'm sure the AG is, it is afterall part of the government!  I try to stay calm, but when I see and hear about others and their chargers/mopars (and I am genuinly happy for them), I just want to choke the living sh!t outta those bastards.  I had dreamed of getting another charger R/T for as long as you have been restoring them, so when I FINALLY got my chance and now I'm getting the royal shaft and just don't see anything happening from the folks who are suppose to be helping me, well I just get so damn mad  :flame:

AirborneSilva

I did get a letter back from the lawyer in Jersey, here is what he wrote back (well most of it, some of it was personal notes that I wont reveal)...

"I'm sorry to hear about your experience on eBay.  When
it comes to the collector car hobby, eBay certainly is
both a blessing and a curse.

Unfortunately, none of our attorneys are licensed to
practice law in Illinois.  I would advise that you
speak with an attorney in your home state who
specializes in consumer protection.  Since your
transaction was on eBay, it's possible that you may be
able to sue the seller in your home state, which would
naturally be easier for you.

Having an attorney who is involved in the hobby would
certainly be a bonus, so maybe you could start by
contacting local car clubs, to see if they have an
attorney member who can help you out.  Many states have
consumer protection laws which make these types of
cases very attractive for attorneys."

I have contacted the local car club, well e-mailed the president of the club, so I will see what comes of that but in the mean time I will see if there is any fraud division here in Arizona that I can contact (yeah more bureacracy!!!).  I guess I need to contact e-bay too, yeah I've been putting off that battle!!

AirborneSilva

Here is a copy of the message I just sent to e-bay.  I am not going to hold my breath with these guys and think that I may be screwed with them anyway since it has gone past their 30 day window that they convienently put in there know that if you try to resolve the problem with an ass like I'm dealing with it will likely be drug out much longer then 30 days...

"The 69 Charger that I bought from this company was not in the condition that they had advertised it to be in. Many have told me that it will be cost prohibative to even attempt to repair it. I have tried to contact them through a certified letter asking to resolve the problem as well as their state attorney general, they just ignore us. This matter is longer then the 30 days after closing due to the fact that we have been trying to resolve the problem without involving e-bay so I would hope that your 30 day window would not apply since it is not my fault that it has gone on this long."

SeattleCharger

That is sad, very sad.   They flat out lied and cheated and stole, they are low life fu#@$%ing criminals, and ebay is facilitating this Sh$#%t.  They should be somewhat responsible or help or something.   Too bad there isn't real justice in this instance, not fair.   

They (HLPAG) should really get theirs. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

AirborneSilva

Yeah and I have a feeling that e-bay is going to stick it to me with their 30 day policy.  They say you are suppose to file your claim with them within 30 days after the closing date, but then on the other hand they want you to try to work it out with the seller before filing a claim, now how in the heck are you suppose to do that within 30 days and remain resaonable?!?!?!?!?!  It seems that by me trying to do things right I am going to get another door closed in my face  ::) I think that e-bay ahs it wired that way to protect themselves from having to pay any claims...

SeattleCharger

Hey, you guys remember someone put a link to an ebay ad of a red Charger, they wanted about 8000K for it, it was very rusted out, no windows, most of front end gone, all or most interior gone, had running 383 in it, matching #'s, it came with a new 4 sp out of car?   I don't think it was an R/T, if it had a 383. I don't know.  That thing looked at least worse, maybe a lot worse.  Someone was saying it was worth five grand, I wonder why so many are saying this car is worthless?   That it will cost 40K to restore?   I mean, if that car was going for 8K, it looked a lot worse IMO.   :shruggy:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Troy

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 28, 2006, 06:10:00 PM
  Hey, you guys remember someone put a link to an ebay ad of a red Charger, they wanted about 8000K for it, it was very rusted out, no windows, most of front end gone, all or most interior gone, had running 383 in it, matching #'s, it came with a new 4 sp out of car?   I don't think it was an R/T, if it had a 383. I don't know.  That thing looked at least worse, maybe a lot worse.  Someone was saying it was worth five grand, I wonder why so many are saying this car is worthless?   That it will cost 40K to restore?   I mean, if that car was going for 8K, it looked a lot worse IMO.   :shruggy:
Did that car actually sell for $8k? The asking price is rarely a good indicator of what a car is worth. The problem here is that the car was misrepresented and flat out disguised. Money was paid for a car that really didn't exist as described. The odds are fairly good that most people would back off the deal or pay a LOT less than the asking price if they knew exactly what kind of shape the car was in. So, it's not the condition of the car as much as the selling tactics that were used. Sure, a car could be made drivable for a lot less than a concourse resto on a real R/T which is why you see a disparity in the estimates. In the end, it all depends on the owner and what they want out of the car. If you go back and read the very first post you'll see the text of the ad.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The Ghoul

damn. that sucks so much it looks like a michigan car.
you sould ask them about the fram rails "what were you refuring to the half of the fraim rails that isnt rusted away?"

AirborneSilva

Got tired of waiting to hear from the AG so we called, they said they hadn't heard from HLPAG (no real suprise there the arrogant mother f*ckers), so they are going to call them next week.  The AG did say that HLPAG was not obligated to respond - well what the hell good is the AG then?  we pay are f*cken taxes so they can send letters to ass wipes and then get ignored?  sounds like a liberal organization - hell there isn't any bark let along bite to them!!!  It has also been almost a week and I haven't heard from ebay yet either, guess they are ducking me as well  :flame:

AirborneSilva

I spoke too soon about e-bay.  I went and checked my messages and as I had suspected they are punking out.  They want you to try to work it out with the ass wipes who rip you off, then when it takes longer then 35 days they say - sorry, you should have filed soonner - what a bunch of shit!  Here is what they sent me back.

"Hello Anthony,

I appreciate you notifying SafeHarbor with your concern.

We have received your email regarding a recent purchase on eBay.

Our records indicate that listing #4575436016 ended on September 16,
2005. For this type of item, there is a 35-day maximum filing period to
submit a claim with our insurance partner. Unfortunately, because more
than 35 days have passed since the end of the auction, this item no
longer qualifies for coverage under the Vehicle Purchase Protection
Program.

To review the details of this program, as well as the qualifications
necessary to be entitled to this service, please see the following Help
page:

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/purchase-protection.html

There are other options available to help you resolve this situation
with your trading partner. The following Help page describes these
options and outlines the steps that you can take as a buyer to resolve
this issue.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

Although this item is not eligible for the Vehicle Purchase Protection
Program, I would like to assure you that we will investigate your report
and take appropriate action based on our policies. This action may
include issuing a warning, enforcing a temporary or indefinite
suspension or terminating the seller's membership with eBay. Due to
privacy concerns, we do not discuss the details of any action taken
against another eBay member's account. This assures our members that
their personal account histories will remain private.

I understand your frustration regarding this matter. Please know that
we don't take these matters lightly. Unfortunately, the 35-day deadline
is not something that can be changed. You should know that this is not
an eBay policy, but is the policy of our insurance provider. They
simply will not consider claims that have been filed after the 35-day
deadline.

Our goal is for every member to have a safe buying experience on eBay
and we regret your purchase did not go as planned.

Regards,

Rousseau
eBay Motors
Trust & Safety "

AKcharger

I made a voodoo doll oh HLPAG and have been poking it with pins and setting it on top of my exhaust manifold for a week now, I'm hoping that will have some effect for you

skip68

I wish I lived back there.  I would start a car check service, Smear my ads all over internet, autotrader, ect.  I could charge 75$ to go check out the cars for poeple, take my own pics, and make a ton of money :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: But it wouldn't last because the last thing those guy's want is some guy like me looking at their cars.  :icon_smile_evil: A guy could make a living of them until they try to take me to court and get a restaining order. But I think of how much attention I can create, I'm one of those guy's that never goes away and, goes out of my way( ALL WITHIN THE LAW ) To achieve my goal ! :coolgleamA: I'm so sorry for all who have been deceived, it sickens me to no end :puke: Class action, there is strength in numbers. :wave:................Chuck................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

sixpack70

I bought an HLPAG car but got lucky. My charger had truck rust and the front floor pans were rusted. The resto of the car, especially the frame rails, are in good condition. I did ask them for specific pictures which they supplied. I was dealing with a guy named John. In talking with him he seemed irritated at people there and what was going on during my multiple phone calls for the purchase. I heard he doesn't work there anymore. I check their pages every so often to laugh at their crappy ads and even crappier cars. I played russian roulette with them and got lucky, I wouldn't look at a car from there ever again after all of the problems I've seen people have with them. I'm sorry you got so screwed over by them. I hope you can find a way to resolve the problem. Nothing like spending money on your dream car and have it turn out so bad.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

AirborneSilva

Thanks for the well wishes sixpack.  I hope that this will all be over with soon.  We got a letter back from the AG with a letter attached from the owner of HLPAG stating that they were an "easy going company" and that they wanted to resolve this matter.  They of course slammed us though in thier first sentence saying that this was sold as a project car - yeah no shit but the description and the actuall condition were two different animals, which in my book make it false advertisement and just out and out lieing!  Anyways, we sent the AG a letter back reitterating what we want, so hopefully the "easy going company" will see the err of their ways and we can move forward.

bull

Have you thought about just finling a civil suit, or is that what you're talking about here?

AirborneSilva

Quote from: bull on February 18, 2006, 01:11:53 PM
Have you thought about just finling a civil suit, or is that what you're talking about here?

Yes I have thought about a civil suit, if this does not happen the way I feel is equitable then I will be searching for a lawyer and will take em to court. 

Brock Samson

Perhaps we can replace the word  "Rust"  with the name  "HLPAG"  then it'll start to showup in Google searches?..  :shruggy:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Brock Sampson on May 28, 2006, 05:57:54 PM
Perhaps we can replace the word  "Rust"  with the name  "HLPAG"  then it'll start to showup in Google searches?..  :shruggy:

That doesn't sound like a bad idea  ;)  I think I may start a web site that kinda chronicles this whole thing, from their actual e-bay add and then pictures of what it actually looks like.

68chargerboy

this is for Daytona R/T SE in all respect i dont think any mopar isent worth restoring.  if you yourself like it then thats all that matters.  sorry to say this but if you have litterally junkeda mopar in a scrap yard then you may not be a very big mopar fan  :'(.

ChargerBill

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 28, 2006, 08:07:37 PM
Quote from: Brock Sampson on May 28, 2006, 05:57:54 PM

That doesn't sound like a bad idea  ;)  I think I may start a web site that kinda chronicles this whole thing, from their actual e-bay add and then pictures of what it actually looks like.

I'd be willing to help with that...and I'll make a copy of this thread for my car club - 350 members strong.
Life is a highway...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 68chargerboy on June 05, 2006, 10:43:55 PM
this is for Daytona R/T SE in all respect i dont think any mopar isent worth restoring.  if you yourself like it then thats all that matters.  sorry to say this but if you have litterally junkeda mopar in a scrap yard then you may not be a very big mopar fan  :'(.

Sorry to be the one to have to break the news to you, but the tooth fairy doesn't leave mopar parts under your pillow at night. When you are trying to restore a car in the condition of the one that AirBorneSilva bought from HLPAG you have to cut up other old mopars to get the parts. Many of these parts are not available new in the aftermarket and the NOS stuff dried up decades ago...So the only option is to part out other cars for the parts....which means cars go to the crusher after they are stripped.

And yes, I have scrapped many old mopars over the last 30 or so years of screwing around with this stuff: Chargers, Road Runners, Challengers, New Yorkers, Imperials, you name it, I've stripped it for parts and then politely sent it to the crusher. Along the way I've fixed a couple of cars that were rusted to death, cars that others said weren't worth fixing, cars much like the one AirBorneSilva bought from HLPAG. I've also pulled many cars out of the weeds/junkyards and resold them to others who later used them for parts or restored them themselves.

Back to your original comment, 68chargerboy:

By my definition, a "Fan" is a habitual spectator, someone who sits idly by and watches others do what the "Fan" can only dream of doing...

So you're absolutely right, I'm not a big mopar "Fan"