News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

Daytona,
           I dont really want to start a fight hear but if you are implying that i dont have/restore mopars i think your wrong.  when i was 7 years old i always wanted a 68 charger.  i worked with my dad and saved my money for another 7 straight years until i was fourteen and bought a 68 440 4/speed with all of my own money then when i was fifteen i bought a 1968 440 coronet with my own money again then right before i turned 16 about 4 months ago i bought my 3rd mopar a 66 monaco with a 383 and i still have all 3 and am restoring bothe the charger and monaco at this time. so if you dont think that i have or restore ,mopars your definitly wrong.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 68chargerboy on June 10, 2006, 06:42:21 PM
Daytona,
            so if you dont think that i have or retore ,opars your definitly wrong.

??? ALL-RIGHTY THEN! Good luck with that! :shruggy:

bear

[
Whatever happened to that woman who bought one for her hubby ?
is this the lady?
http://cglfc.com/main_frame_cglfc.html

poppa

I don't get to read all this stuff too regularly,and I'm not trying to put my nose where it don't belong but,what happened with this?Still ongoing?Feel real bad for ya.Just read all 6 pages,don't usually do that but i was hoping somewhere I would see some good news...
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: poppa on November 22, 2006, 09:54:17 PM
I don't get to read all this stuff too regularly,and I'm not trying to put my nose where it don't belong but,what happened with this?Still ongoing?Feel real bad for ya.Just read all 6 pages,don't usually do that but i was hoping somewhere I would see some good news...

I wish I had good news to report.  It seems that I am too small of a fish and no one, to include the FBI's internet fraud division really gives a shit!  In the words of the Illinois attorney general "mediation failed", my states attorney general just refered the case to on to illinois (even after we told them that illinois did nothing - I think they didn't read that part), the illinois BBB wrote them (them being HLPAG), a letter telling them that we were not happy with our purchase.  Having written to the two MOPAR mags asking for help in anyway they could I was treated to silence.  I was told by a lawyer that I was indeed defrauded and that I had a case, BUT, that the money I would spend in not just fighting but trying to collect I would maybe break even at best - so, it looks like HLPAG gets away with another screwing and I am stuck with a car that I can either crush or try to restore (to one degree or another), and hope that before I am too old to enjoy it that I can complete it since it is not the "easy to do" charger that was advertised.

SeattleCharger

IMO, I would sell that car and start over and cut my losses, I know easy to say, but restoring that would always make you mad prob.   If you restore that car it might always have the Hlpag ill feelings in it, you know?  I feel for you, I would be pissed and would be easy to get a little or a lot demoralized by that.
  I did an ebay search a while ago and there were some reasonably low price chargers on there for 3-4 grand that were mostly decent, very good starting points.    I met a guy here in Seattle that rented a car trailer and drove all the way to pennsyvania or new york or something with his 67 dodge pick up to get an a body mopar.   
  I ran an ad on the site here and someone about twenty miles away contacted me after about four months and I got mine for low price, have to rebuild engine, but car is basically all there with some small dents and quarter rust.  IMO I would get rid of that car asap so you never have to look at it again or think about it anymore.   :Twocents:  Again, I feel for you.  They will get their's, God is the great equalizer.   I am not religious that much, but helps to think about karma sometimes, at least to tell yourself to feel better,  
Sincerely,
Nate

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 23, 2006, 12:49:45 PM
  IMO, I would sell that car and start over and cut my losses, I know easy to say, but restoring that would always make you mad prob.   If you restore that car it might always have the Hlpag ill feelings in it, you know?  I feel for you, I would be pissed and would be easy to get a little or a lot demoralized by that.
  I did an ebay search a while ago and there were some reasonably low price chargers on there for 3-4 grand that were mostly decent, very good starting points.    I met a guy here in Seattle that rented a car trailer and drove all the way to pennsyvania or new york or something with his 67 dodge pick up to get an a body mopar.   
  I ran an ad on the site here and someone about twenty miles away contacted me after about four months and I got mine for low price, have to rebuild engine, but car is basically all there with some small dents and quarter rust.  IMO I would get rid of that car asap so you never have to look at it again or think about it anymore.   :Twocents:  Again, I feel for you.  They will get their's, God is the great equalizer.   I am not religious that much, but helps to think about karma sometimes, at least to tell yourself to feel better,  
Sincerely,
Nate

Thanks Nate, I do understand what you are saying and yeah, I look at the car sometimes and want to choke the life out of hans and his boy oscar, there are also times when I look at it and see the posibilites too.  If I were to sale it I'm not sure I could get much for it the way it sits and I just can't take that kind of loss, certainly if someone wants to make an offer I would consider it but it would have to be a serious offer and they would have to know all about the car - I would not want to do to someone what was done to me!

Ghoste

Quote from: AirborneSilva on November 23, 2006, 02:45:25 PM... I would not want to do to someone what was done to me!

Which is of course, the biggest problem with trying to sell it.  You have a conscience.
However it goes down with this particular car, I hope you eventually end up with the Charger you dreamed of.

AirborneSilva

hemi-hampton

I'll agree with Daytona rt/se first page comment. Except one thing. Being a Restorer it will probably cost you more Then $40,000 he sez. Sell it on ebay with good pictures of rusty trunk & all to not deceive anybody & Explain in your Description how you got scammed by these scam artist to help alert any other unsuspecting victims in the Future. If you got no money for a Lawyer how did you figure you would restore this car? ??? ::) LEON.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 24, 2006, 02:32:56 AMIf you got no money for a Lawyer how did you figure you would restore this car? ??? ::) LEON.

Well I know you are able to just jump right in and get cars done, but I will have to do a little at a time.  So, how much do you figure I would be able to get for my charger on e-bay?

RT/SE

I would bail out this project in a heartbeart and just accept the fact the most likely you will not be able to able to get all your money back.  This project will bury you financially.  However, all is not lost.  Sometimes in life - you just need to move forward with things.  If you lose some money on this project - it is not the end of the world.  You can easily make it back on a second car that you buy with all the knowledge that you've gained from this experience.  Take whatever money you get from the sale of this car + any money you would have dumped into this car and go out and find the most solid charger your money can buy.  In my opinion, you can easily get back anything you have lost on this car if you make some smart moves on a second Charger. Consider your experience with this car a life experience and an education...........RT/SE 

terrible one

Quote from: RT/SE on November 24, 2006, 10:07:52 AM
I would bail out this project in a heartbeart and just accept the fact the most likely you will not be able to able to get all your money back.  This project will bury you financially.  However, all is not lost.  Sometimes in life - you just need to move forward with things.  If you lose some money on this project - it is not the end of the world.  You can easily make it back on a second car that you buy with all the knowledge that you've gained from this experience.  Take whatever money you get from the sale of this car + any money you would have dumped into this car and go out and find the most solid charger your money can buy.  In my opinion, you can easily get back anything you have lost on this car if you make some smart moves on a second Charger. Consider your experience with this car a life experience and an education...........RT/SE 

I agree! You will come out better in the long run no matter what if you just sell this one and start over. So maybe you won't have the money to turn around and buy another Charger immediatly, but you really should cut your losses and go from there. There's no point in attempting to restore this car. As everyone said, it would be a lot cheaper to take the blow from this car than putting in all of the money to restore it. Don't fall in love with the car, fall in love with the model. Ditch this one and pick up a solid start!

hemi-hampton

If you were Lucky & Squeezed $2,500 from it you lost $2,500. Best advise I can say to anybody who wants to save money on a Restoration is Always buy a Solid Rustfree car. This will always save you money in the long run. If you must restore a Rustbucket basket case, Not worth it unless you git a Real Hi Po Model like RT/, Cuda, 6 pak or hemi car with low production #'s. Who wants to put $50,000 into a 6 cylinder 74 Valiant or Pinto, Maverick, Gremlin, Pacer or none R/T 318 car only to sell for 5-10 when done? LEON.

bull

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 24, 2006, 02:32:56 AM
I'll agree with Daytona rt/se first page comment. Except one thing. Being a Restorer it will probably cost you more Then $40,000 he sez. Sell it on ebay with good pictures of rusty trunk & all to not deceive anybody & Explain in your Description how you got scammed by these scam artist to help alert any other unsuspecting victims in the Future.  LEON.

I have to say this sounds like a pretty good idea to me, really. If you can't get anywhere with making hlpag face the music I would use the Ebay format to kill two birds with one stone: rid yourself of the car and all the bad memories it creates while telling the entire Ebay audience exactly how you got ripped off and by whom. There comes a time when you have to move on and although that decision is totally up to you I'd have to say IMO I would go out with a bang by starting over and telling a large group of online buyers what I think of hlpag. Even if the car doesn't sell you'd have a large podium from which to speak. Eventually you'll sell the car but I wouldn't hesitate to do the first couple auctions with a high reserve just so you get some exposure before lowering the reserve to actually sell.

dkn1997

I like that idea too.  make sure you use all of their alias names too and put a link to this thread.  I wonder if troy has any of the threads from the old site saved somewhere, the ones with that ahole patrick, anyone remember those?
RECHRGED

JMF

Agreed, put the car on Ebay with a high reserve just to see what it gets, then as other people have said put a link in the ad to this page and let other people find out about these HLPAG crooks, can you post a few more pictures just to get a better idea of the work involved?

JimShine

I agree with bailing. Another way to look at it to ease yourself is by cutting your losses on this one and buying into something better, you will save more money in the resto in the long run than trying to fix up the car you have now.

deputycrawford

Has anyone sent this link to the HLFAG guys? I just e-mailed them and let them know the Charger community is on to them. They should run out of suckers soon. The internet is a great tool. Why do you think they sold that thing. They build them for a living and dumped that project. Thats gotta tell you what kind of little people they are.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

They don't care.  They used to come on the old site and ignorantly berate anyone who dared question their integrity.
Cool huh?  I just used the word integrity in a thread about the worlds worst Charger criminal.

deputycrawford

Thats ok. I just called them the smallest men I have ever heard of. They can e-mail me all they want. They probably can't come up with an intelligible come back for my e-mail anyway. Oh, I probably shouldn't have used the word intelligible. If they read this, they might not figure it out.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

AirborneSilva

Hey guys, yeah those ass hats don't much care what I or anyone says about them because to them they are doing nothing wrong.  I am once again torn about restoring (to a driver level), or e-baying it since one of our members has made me a generous offer to use his shop and that he and a buddy of his would help me to do all the sheet metal work, so once again I am stuck with what to do!  I may put it on e-bay with a high reserve, as some have suggested, to see what kind of response I get, I'm just not sure at this point because I am also looking at it as the old bird in the hand is worth two in the bush thing....

Red Ram

Quote from: AirborneSilva on November 23, 2006, 10:29:43 AM
Quote from: poppa on November 22, 2006, 09:54:17 PM

I wish I had good news to report.  It seems that I am too small of a fish and no one, to include the FBI's internet fraud division really gives a shit!  In the words of the Illinois attorney general "mediation failed", my states attorney general just refered the case to on to illinois (even after we told them that illinois did nothing - I think they didn't read that part), the illinois BBB wrote them (them being HLPAG), a letter telling them that we were not happy with our purchase.  Having written to the two MOPAR mags asking for help in anyway they could I was treated to silence.  I was told by a lawyer that I was indeed defrauded and that I had a case, BUT, that the money I would spend in not just fighting but trying to collect I would maybe break even at best - so, it looks like HLPAG gets away with another screwing and I am stuck with a car that I can either crush or try to restore (to one degree or another), and hope that before I am too old to enjoy it that I can complete it since it is not the "easy to do" charger that was advertised.

Hey, I think everybody understands that you are upset. Admit it you made a bad move, but don't blame the government for your bad choice. Many AG's offices have an informal mediation process to help consumers resolve their disputes...the AG's office can't represent everyone that comes to them with a legal problem as their private attorney (could you imagine if they could, what kind of budget would they have and who could they say no to?), they represent the State's interests not yours as an individual, they take action against companies that victimize a large number of people. We have a legal system for people like you to resolve these types of disputes. It is unfortunate that it sometimes costs a lot to participate in the system. Why don't you try Small Claims court to at least get some of your money back and to have some small victory? I might suggest you also contact the State's Dealer division, they have the ability to yank dealer's licenses...it's worth a try. To get this resolved it's going to take some effort on your part. You can't sit back and expect somebody or government agency to do all the work for you.

I get tired of people bashing Government in general. The government is not some foreign entity, it's run by people just like you and me.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

AirborneSilva

You don't know me, you don't know what else I have or have not done to TRY and gain some satisfaction, so please, kindly take your anger towards me an put it where it properly belongs. 

Blown70

Ok,  Well ABS, have you thought of this.  The car maybe worth more as parts?  Does it have half decent front fenders?  They are going for what $500-900 on ebay each,  Grille if it is in good shape $1000 or so?  If you have dash all parts, tail lights, etc, that you may just get a lot back out of your car.

BTW, most of the time FBI or the like does not get involved unless the fraud is above $60000.  I was told this by an agent.  Again, I am not trying to tick you off but you have THREE options.

1.  Sell the car as is

2.  Restore the car

3.  Part the car out.

JUST MY OPINION....

Best of luck.
Tom