News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Thanks Tom, good points all and I have considered all of them - each has it's pro's and con's.  No you did not upset me, what does upset me is when someone tells me I shouldn't be mad at the government for not doing what I believe is their job (to protect us from crooks like HLPAG), and I can bitch about the government all I want, I am an american citizen, I am a veteran and I vote so I will bitch about them all I want but I'm not saying you, or anyone else, has to agree with me just don't whine at me when I do - that makes me mad!

BMOTOXSTAR

Did you pay with Pay Pal? That is the best way to get the cheese back.File a complaint with them   :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 06, 2006, 08:05:59 PM
Did you pay with Pay Pal? That is the best way to get the cheese back.File a complaint with them   :yesnod:

No unfortunately I did not, and thanks to my wife not listening to me when I asked her to CC e-bay on our complaint to Illinois AG (within the 35 day window), e-bay wont do anything for me either....  But thank you for putting that out there so if anyone else gets screwed and they used pay pal they will know to file a complaint and hopefully get some satisfaction...

BMOTOXSTAR

That really blows. I have been ripped off on parts and thank god I used Pay Pal. But as a seler I have also got ripped off and had to give a re-fund. With Pay Pal the buyer has great protection.
  I have always been leary on cars on E-Bay.I feel for you bro.
BMOTOXSATR :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

AdamMopar

I think I've made a similar comment in this thread before but I'll throw it in here again.  It is unfortunate that you didn't get what you wanted and it is too bad that it sounds like you won't be able to get any justice.

However, that being said, I would restore it, rebuild it, whatever you want to call it.  For me that's the fun in it.  Sure being done and driving them is fun but for me I enjoy the work and rebuilding them more than anything. 

Just my opinion.  Adam

AirborneSilva

Quote from: AdamMopar on December 07, 2006, 08:22:37 AM
I think I've made a similar comment in this thread before but I'll throw it in here again.  It is unfortunate that you didn't get what you wanted and it is too bad that it sounds like you won't be able to get any justice.

However, that being said, I would restore it, rebuild it, whatever you want to call it.  For me that's the fun in it.  Sure being done and driving them is fun but for me I enjoy the work and rebuilding them more than anything. 

Just my opinion.  Adam

Hey Adam, I have a spare room  :icon_smile_big:  Yeah I do lean more towards rebuilding her then anything else since I just don't see getting the kind of money out of it that I would need to even attempt to try and find another one. 

JMF

Airborne have you tried ringing up HLPAG and maybe coming to some kind of compromise? Or have you tried that already? Who knows they may feel a bit of guilt and give you half back or something?

AirborneSilva

I did ask for half back, they pretty much laughed in my face and said I knew what I was getting.....  these ass hats are VERY arrogant!

JimShine

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 06, 2006, 08:24:30 PM
Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 06, 2006, 08:05:59 PM

No unfortunately I did not, and thanks to my wife not listening to me when I asked her to CC e-bay on our complaint to Illinois AG (within the 35 day window), e-bay wont do anything for me either....  But thank you for putting that out there so if anyone else gets screwed and they used pay pal they will know to file a complaint and hopefully get some satisfaction...

Pay Pal at this stage would not have helped. You have 45 days after the transaction to file a complaint. I learned that after Jesse stole our T shirt money.

TylerCharger69

AdamMopar

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 07, 2006, 05:54:42 PM
Quote from: AdamMopar on December 07, 2006, 08:22:37 AM

Just my opinion.  Adam

Hey Adam, I have a spare room  :icon_smile_big:  Yeah I do lean more towards rebuilding her then anything else since I just don't see getting the kind of money out of it that I would need to even attempt to try and find another one. 

Hey if you were close I would be there.  I don't have much time now as most people, of course when I have time I don't have money.  Everyone knows how that goes.   :yesnod:  Good luck.  Adam

AirborneSilva

Yeah I do know how that goes Adam, I'm in one of those periods where I have more time then money too  :rotz:

472 R/T SE

Looks as though this seller may be in the same boat.  Notice the one pic the car was at their Lot and now it's up for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-69-dodge-charger_W0QQitemZ190058900162QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AirborneSilva

Yeah that does look like good ole HLPAG's lot!  Looks like she is getting a descent price for the car on e-bay, it's up to 4,600 and for the condition it's in and not being an R/T I'd say that's not too bad, maybe I'm wrong though - God knows I was wrong when I bought mine!!!

JMF

AirborneSilva

I'm trying to find me some real rails so I can get started on her.

skip68

Hey ABS, I don't know you but I've got some wheel well trim and some door panels and probably some other stuff I'm not going to use and you are more than welcome to it. ( PAY IT FORWARD GUY'S ) I think that there is enough of us guy's here that we can spare some parts, NO CHARGE.  :nono: ..This is called taking care of our own.  :patriot: I'm sure you've helped plenty as alot on this site have. This site has saved me money and time and keeps on giving me a wealth of info. So the least I can do is offer some stuff I know I don't need. Just PM me when you're ready.  I really hope this brings out the true color of this site and it's members...Chuck...A.K.A. Skip68.................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

AirborneSilva

Chuck,

That is very generous of you and those are all parts that I can use, I'll send you a PM tonight after work.  Just so you know, I am also into Jeepin (another MOPAR product  :icon_smile_big:), and have helped out many jeepers with spare parts as well as putting on their lift kits for them. 

Thank you,
Tony

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BMOTOXSTAR

What does HLPAG stand for, is that the user name? They suck, that is for sure.
BMOTOXSTAR#079

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

AirborneSilva

HLPAG = hans luedtke performance auto group

and yes, they suck - to put it nicely.... Their user name on e-bay is "vcode4406"

mikepmcs

I can give you 2 front driver turn signals (i have a 69 clear lenses).  I'm not going through the thread again to read it all cause I forget everything and don't know the condition of your lights. I have a front valence that came on mine that i replaced that needs some work too.   I might have a trunk lid in the summer too, if I do body work and replace mine.( i have a mint trunk lid but it doesn't go on right cause of crappy body work, but if i fix that i will offer up mine to you)  it will need a little body expertise but is solid(it's on my car now) 
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AirborneSilva

spfury

Just Curious here, I posted about an original RT GL that HPLAG was restoring the other day and I was referred to this discussion about what crooks they are and the junk they sell, I must say it is very eye opening.  Anyway, after reading 7 pages of this I was wondering what became of the car the thread was about, is it being restored, did the money get refunded/resolved or was the car left for dead and a new project located.  Hopefully there was a happier ending for the buyer, it didn't appear to be headed in the best direction though.  Just wondering, I hate seeing people get screwed like that.