News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 24, 2007, 08:09:44 PM
Dont forget the Level I mentioned? LEON.

that is a very good point cause it could x measure even with a twist and diamond ...
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

AirborneSilva

I have not forgotten Leon, I'm trying to get things lined up first.

hemi-hampton

What I sometime do is line up a existing hole with the new hole. For Example that large round hole size of quarter in bottom of frame rail near front leaf spring perch. If you insert into new frame & overlap or line up these 2 holes then you should have it right. If this hole not where your cut is find another hole or something else. LEON.

AirborneSilva

About the only thing there is to line up is the lip on the rails where the shock crossmember connects to.

AirborneSilva

Ok, I am getting close to welding in my rails but want to see what you guys think before I do something I can't undo.  I have gotten the rear crossmember (thank you Dave from Auto Rust), so I have another refrence point but would really like to have more eyes and learned opinions as well.

Here you can see (well if you look close), where I cut what was left of the old crossmember off the rear tail panel and it appears that the new one lines up with that.  It is a little lower so it doesn't appear to line up exact but if I was to jack it up to touch it it would line up with it...

Here are pictures of what it looks like from the side with the springs attached;

So, should I make my diagonal measurements then start welding?

hemi-hampton

I like to do that type of work on a more level concrete floor, Dirt back yard makes me nervous. Have fun. LEON. :scratchchin:

AirborneSilva

I wish I had a concrete surface to do it on, if we can ever get moved I WILL have a garage, or else  :RantExplode: but for now this is what I have to work with

terrible one

Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 08, 2007, 11:18:37 PM
I wish I had a concrete surface to do it on, if we can ever get moved I WILL have a garage, or else  :RantExplode: but for now this is what I have to work with

Do you have a board that you could put under the two jack stands to help level the car better? I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make, but it couldn't hurt.

AirborneSilva

I was a little bored last night so I did a little cruising on e-bay and found another 69 in about the same shape as mine.  It sold for more then I bought mine so it makes me feel slightly better, but I like the fact that the person selling the Charger at least took pictures that were not taken so as to hide things so I'd have to say kudos to the person selling the Charger but I do hope the person who bought it knows what they are getting into.

Here is the ad;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290126679869&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

hemi-hampton

Yeah, But I see Reserve not met so high bidder not obligated to pay anything & I think Price to high already considering the good stuff was gone/replaced (440, 4speed, dana)  :Twocents: LEON.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 17, 2007, 11:34:46 PM
Yeah, But I see Reserve not met so high bidder not obligated to pay anything & I think Price to high already considering the good stuff was gone/replaced (440, 4speed, dana)  :Twocents: LEON.

All good points  :yesnod: I guess I was focusing in on the fact that the seller was at least honest about the condition of the car.

AirborneSilva

Now this is awesome!  I got an e-mail from an individual who saw my web site while trying to find info on HLPAG and it saved him from going to those rip off artists YEE HAW you M***er F***ers at HLPAG I hope I can affect MANY more negative sales for them crooks.  Here is the e-mail I got;

"Thanks for posting up your experience with Luedtke. I've ben considering one of their general lees for a awhile. I did several searches to see if the company was lagit. but didn't find anything. Just today I found yours and a military man in iraq who got took on a 68 shelby clone. I hope you get your money back."

hemi-hampton

Sounds like your providing a useful service. The more the better. Congratulations. LEON. :2thumbs:

Charger74

Yeah Airborne. you educated another person on them.  Awesome.  I understand what you are going through.  Never had a garage when I lived in SV.  Makes it really hard to level the car on dirt, plus not to mention the heat.   Wish I could give you some advise.   Other than this, get something underneath it before July when the monsoon season starts up, otherwise it will sink into the ground.  Out where you are, you will get hit with some decent downpours.  I would check with some construction companies and see if they have any wooden concrete forms they want to get rid of.  They are usually 3/4 plywood. 

AirborneSilva

Ok, I finally got off my tail and got the rails welded in, here's some pics.

terrible one

AWESOME! That's such a huge part right there, and you've done it! Awesome work Airborne, can't wait to see your car as it progresses! :2thumbs:

AirborneSilva

Thank you Terrible, I can't wait to get it on cement  :yesnod: then I can start to work on it properly.  I hope to be able to get a rotisserie but we will see, it certainly would be nice to have but on the other hand the price of one could buy lots of parts too...  Thanks again.

SnoPro440

That's looking very good.   :2thumbs:   I know I couldn't do that.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

ChgrSteve67

WOW great job!

Honestly don't think I would attempt such a challenge.

Steve

Make sure you buy a BIG scrap book and document your work.
Its going to be unbelievable.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: mxzx440 on August 21, 2007, 11:03:42 PM
That's looking very good.   :2thumbs:   I know I couldn't do that.

Thank you, but trust me if I can do it you can too, I had lots of help from people telling me where and how to measure.  If you can weld, even half ass, then you too can do it, I'm not a great welder and am a little worried when it comes to welding body panels, so I consider this practice till I get to that point, but I guess trunk pans are next (when I get to VA and get settled in that is)...

AirborneSilva

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 21, 2007, 11:08:33 PM
WOW great job!

Honestly don't think I would attempt such a challenge.

Steve

Make sure you buy a BIG scrap book and document your work.
Its going to be unbelievable.

Thank you Steve, I do have a ton of pictures on my computer (man I hope my hard drive doesn't crash LOL)

ChgrSteve67

Get you some 2 or 4 gig flash drives and use those for backups.

They are dirt cheep these days and fit great in a safety deposit box.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 21, 2007, 11:22:02 PM
Get you some 2 or 4 gig flash drives and use those for backups.

They are dirt cheep these days and fit great in a safety deposit box.

I'm a computer tech and have three DVD/RW's on this computer, so you'd think I'd have no problem backing stuff up  :icon_smile_big: just plain lazy I guess  :yesnod: