News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona 4X4 Project

Started by sunroofsuperbird, November 30, 2007, 07:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

Any pictures of the challenger wagon wearing a superbird nose.Thats sounds neat .I have a magazine I think it was motor trend where they showed artist renderings all what certain cars would look like as a station wagons.It had the challenger trans am etc in it .I rembered seeing the station wagon conversion offered by Ecklers corvette catalog for the corvette .But for no other car.I used to wonder why no one took a 4 door and did a superbird 4dr or stretch limo.Or put a charger front clip on a b body wagon.There was been wagons converted to 2 doors.But no wagon trimmed down to a elcamino with a wing over the tail gate and unique front end.Maybe dayclona will cross this line and build some cool customs down the line
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

learical1

How about a 'bird wagon?  Put a 'bird front end on a 70 satellite wagon, get one of those fiberglass wings, cut it down to about 6' tall, and put it on the back of the wagon, after eliminating the luggage rack.   :scratchchin:

:puke: or  :2thumbs:?
Bruce

Ghoste

Or a Daytona pickup?  Oh wait, Dodge already did that.  :smilielol:

Never mind.

BigBlockSam

we use to put those olds vista cruiser roof on vans in the 70's before they had raised roofs for vans . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2007, 11:59:39 AM
Or a Daytona pickup?  Oh wait, Dodge already did that.  :smilielol:

Never mind.

My punishment for not starting on my wife's bird clone fast enough was having to buy her a new Dodge Daytona pickup. She had to have something with a wing on it.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

I'm not sure that would qualify around my place.  Then again, she may prefer a new truck to an old wing car. :shruggy:

As a somewhat related aside, do those new Daytona pickups come in a 4X4?

pettybird

80's Nissan Pulsar NX's had a factory wagon back option instead of the rear hatchback.

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2007, 03:14:41 PM
I'm not sure that would qualify around my place.  Then again, she may prefer a new truck to an old wing car. :shruggy:

As a somewhat related aside, do those new Daytona pickups come in a 4X4?
Yes.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28423.0.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sunroofsuperbird

Here is the car when I bought it with the nose on it. I have thought about the other project you talked about like I had a nice 70 sat 4dr body one time and I cut the center out of another one and going to make a limo. but people needed to many of the parts off it so I junked it. here is the aspen wagon I made into a 2dr panel truck ? and here is a Super Bee wagon I made 1 time sold now but I did think about a nose on it but too much $
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

sunroofsuperbird

Here is a Elcamino New port I was working on just havent had time to finish and may never  :brickwall: It is for sale if someone else wanted to finish?  :icon_smile_big:
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

FJMG

Quite the collecton sunroofsuperbird, I personally always wanted to build an old dodge van from the 60's into a 4x4. I drove my dads old 61 econoline for years, the turning radius is amazing. These old vans would make excellent construction vehicles, my 97 ram ext. cab  long box needs 40 acres to turn.

69charger2002

in the elcaminoyorker.. is the back window area grafter off of an A body like a dart? or is it actually an el camino back?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BigBlockSam

your a wildman.  :cheers: i wish i had all the room you have . i gotta get out of the city. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Magnumcharger

Here is a suggestion for your next project...if you ever run out of projects that is!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

472 R/T SE

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on December 01, 2007, 10:20:29 AM
The other challenger wagon believe it or not is a real R/T also 340 car just has flat hood on it now. it has been done many years also. I don't care for it as much as the back of that car has been cut off and a Monaco wagon rear clip was added just to wide for car and I don't think it fits right. I have heard it was sold a few years ago and was being restored back orig now  :shruggy: I would still have left it as is because it is very different and has been that way forever. at least if they change it back it will make mine 1 of 1 instead of 1 of 2 and make it worth alot more at Barrett jackson  :smilielol:  :rofl:

Definitely unique perspective sunroof.  I can appreciate anyone's hard work.  :thumbs: I'd never be able to get in and out of them.

Hate to nitpick, but there were no JS coded 340 Challenger R/T's in '70.  I wish cause that would make mine one.   :icon_smile_wink: '71 is the only year for R/T 340 Challengers. 

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on December 01, 2007, 08:41:24 PM
Here is a Elcamino New port I was working on just haven't had time to finish and may never  :brickwall: It is for sale if someone else wanted to finish?  :icon_smile_big:
Back in the 70s there was an outfit that turned two door Cadillacs into elcaminos. Not sure but I think it was about 1975  and they did a couple hundred of them. They looked pretty decent it wasn't a half-assed  job.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

BigBlockSam

QuoteBack in the 70s there was an outfit that turned two door Cadillacs into elcaminos 

i've seen those.  they use them for flower cars at funerals

moparstuart

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on December 01, 2007, 08:34:57 PM
Here is the car when I bought it with the nose on it. I have thought about the other project you talked about like I had a nice 70 sat 4dr body one time and I cut the center out of another one and going to make a limo. but people needed to many of the parts off it so I junked it. here is the aspen wagon I made into a 2dr panel truck ? and here is a Super Bee wagon I made 1 time sold now but I did think about a nose on it but too much $
good thing you took that nose off, man that was bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks much better now

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE