News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

01 ram brakes acting funny

Started by 69 charger man, October 02, 2005, 09:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 charger man

well my breaks in my 01 ram 4x4 360 started to act funny the other day.. they work fine, the abs comperter does not come on, instualed new front pads/ cut roters(no pedal puslating), and in the rear i also instualed new brake shoes even tho the rear shoes were not even worn... this is very weird as i stop slowley i feel no vibration, but the harder i stop )pressthe pedal) i feel like the rear end of ,my truck start vibrating.. i was thinkling that the u goints may be bad, but they all check out good.. imm not reeally sure on this one driveshaft mount kinda in the middle of the drive shaft may be causing the problems... i really dont want to send hre to the the shop any one have any ideas???

thanks for any help \
-ray

twilt

did you turn the rear drums? sounds like they are out of round.

Chryco Psycho

the vibration could be the anti lock working ?

69 charger man

just turned the drums still same prob.. i also un plugged the abs and then tried it an the rear breaks would just lock up and i would start to slide lol.... so the abs stuff is deff working.... imm kinda thinking it may be the carrier bearing for the drive shaft. since my truck is extended cab w/ 8ft bed... does any one knoe how to test one  (carrier bearing)??

Thanks ray

Chryco Psycho

un bolt it , let the driveshaft hang & rotate the bearing to see if it is loose or rough