News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Seat Side Window

Started by john108, December 02, 2007, 03:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I just was informed about this thread.. It's great.. Thanks gasoline and Shakey.. It's just what the doctor ordered.. I've talked to Tom about a future order for my regulator system...

Great reference pics....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chatt69chgr

There is a real nice picture of a rear qtr window roller kit in this thread.  It is supposedly available from RT Specialties.  I just went through their entire website and never found it.  Oddly, in a new Mopar magazine I looked at two days ago, RT Specialties advertises a rear window roller kit.  I can't recall but it may be this one.  Of course, they have NO PART NUMBERS on any of their items offered for sale. 

Does anybody know if this rear window roller kit is available anywhere?

gasoline_24

RT Specialties makes the kit.  However, they are currently on back order.

hemi68charger

Quote from: bill440rt on December 14, 2007, 03:37:27 PM
John,
I broke some of those window bolts as well. They are not available repro, as far as I know...

If it's the same bolt that everyone's talking about that breaks, Tom told me that the radiator support bolts that go into the core support are very similar. Thread count and diameter are the same.. It even has the big washer like the regulator one...

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bill440rt

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 21, 2008, 07:38:40 AM
John,
I broke some of those window bolts as well. They are not available repro, as far as I know...

If it's the same bolt that everyone's talking about that breaks, Tom told me that the radiator support bolts that go into the core support are very similar. Thread count and diameter are the same.. It even has the big washer like the regulator one...

T

The only problem is that the washer on the rad support bolts are flat, whereas the window bolts are CUPPED. The cupped washer distributes the torque more evenly so you don't break the glass.
See my previous post. If it were me, I'd cut the cupped washer off the broken bolt & use it with another bolt of similar length & size. And be SURE to use a rubber grommet!
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on December 21, 2008, 07:57:28 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 21, 2008, 07:38:40 AM
John,

T

The only problem is that the washer on the rad support bolts are flat, whereas the window bolts are CUPPED. The cupped washer distributes the torque more evenly so you don't break the glass.
See my previous post. If it were me, I'd cut the cupped washer off the broken bolt & use it with another bolt of similar length & size. And be SURE to use a rubber grommet!
:Twocents:

:iagree: ....And also , dont forget the plastic washer on each side of the glass.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

john108

I ordered the roller kit from Yearone on 8/31/08.
They have my payment but I still Haven't received any parts.
I did receive a backorder postcard.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: john108 on December 21, 2008, 01:49:41 PM
I ordered the roller kit from Yearone on 8/31/08.
They have my payment but I still Haven't received any parts.
I did receive a backorder postcard.

That's VERY typical and the main reason I wont buy anything from year-one unless I cant get it anywhere else.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

john108

I finally received the roller kit from Yearone.  Paid through the nose.
Doesn't look like $88.

Chatt69chgr

I talked to RT Specialties today.  He said he will have the roller kit in about a month.  He told me they would be $79.  He said that he ordered plenty so not to worry about him running out.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: john108 on January 31, 2009, 09:36:51 PM
I finally received the roller kit from Yearone.  Paid through the nose.
Doesn't look like $88.
That ain't nothing, wait until you see what shipping those parts with YO cost.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

john108

Shipping from YO, for the few ounces of the roller kit, was $13.03

bull

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 02, 2009, 06:25:15 PM
I talked to RT Specialties today.  He said he will have the roller kit in about a month.  He told me they would be $79.  He said that he ordered plenty so not to worry about him running out.

It's almost May and still no roller kits from R/T Specialties (which supplies Year One and probably the others). Actually, they have everything that goes in the kit other than the rollers with the built-in studs if I understood him correctly (the guy I talked to seems to be one of those people who thinks everyone is bothering him and if you don't understand him the first time he gets short). Anyway, they are waiting on those specific rollers from, wait for it... China, to complete the KITS but you can still get everything else.

Another interesting thing to note is that the $90 Year One kit is a 14-piece kit whereas the R/T Specialties kit appears to be a 20-piece kit that costs less. YO quote: "This reproduction 14-piece kit includes rollers and clips. One kit does both sides, use 1 kit per car." YO P/N MT105

bull