News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

Yes Sherman made a a** of himself. Go broncos.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 67440chrg on January 20, 2014, 07:47:19 AM
Yes Sherman made a a** of himself. Go broncos.

You guys are too uptight. I like the guy's passion and intensity for the game. Better than the standard "We played a good game, we got to keep doing what we're doing, taking it one game at a time and want it more than the other guy" lines we hear in every post-game interview. I don't know, maybe it's my inner WWF fan coming up.(yes, I said "F"...it will always be the WWF to me).

Plus, its not like he doesn't back it up on the field.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Dans 68

Don't think so. He should try to act like Barry Sanders...comport yourself like you've done it before. Too much self-glorifying going on.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

FJ5WING

too many soft "offended" people in the world!

All of you make me a Seahawks fan. :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Indygenerallee

I hate showboaters... which is what Sherman is! Yes he may play great but I just cannot stand anyone who run's their mouth! He better be glad the ref's decided on the crap calls that they called or it very easily could have been Sherman walking off the field defeated.. It's a team sport so don't run your mouth like you just won the entire game yourself.  :Twocents:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ponch ®

Oh remove your tampons already.

This is FOOTBALL and these are grown men. Its supposed to be violent and about showboating. It's not T-ball where even the losers get a trophy so their feelings and self esteem aren't damaged.  

If its too much for you guys, I suggest switching to something more in tune with your sensitivities, like figure skating or The View.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 20, 2014, 01:20:28 PM

This is FOOTBALL and these are grown men. Its supposed to be violent and about showboating. It's not T-ball where even the losers get a trophy so their feelings and self esteem aren't damaged.  

If its too much for you guys, I suggest switching to something more in tune with your sensitivities, like figure skating or The View.

Damn, I'm glad I didn't open my mouth.
Anyway...GO DENVER

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 20, 2014, 02:26:11 PM

Damn, I'm glad I didn't open my mouth.
Anyway...GO DENVER

haha.

on a serious note...I think the Seahawks are the better team overall but (and as much as I dislike the Broncos) Peyton needs to go out on top. No way he should retire with less rings than his pretty-good-but-not-quite-as-virtuoso younger brother.

The70RT

I am not going for anyone.....Chiefs fans don't go for Denver.....no matter what! So Peyton don't get another ring...wip-de-doo.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Who's offended? The guy is just a dumb and arrogant prick who talks too much. End of story.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on January 20, 2014, 03:30:47 PM
The guy is just a dumb and arrogant prick who talks too much. End of story.

exactly. So why make a fuss about it? (not necessarily you)

ECS

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 20, 2014, 11:22:12 AM
You guys are too uptight.

Exactly!  Too bad more people don't have this kind of passion.  Everyone aspires to be successful but they don't want people who have reached success it to tell it like it is.  It's probably a reminder to the underachievers of their lackluster position in Life.  :lol:  I think it's great to see the guy talk the talk and walk the walk.  It's not bragging if you can back it up!
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Dans 68

...This is FOOTBALL and these are grown men. Its supposed to be violent and about showboating....

Showboating?   :smilielol:    Last I heard there are fines specifically for showboating. Give me old school anytime. Like Justin Verlander tweeted, "So Russell is a class act! Sherman on the other hand.... If he played baseball would get a high and tight fastball.
    — Justin Verlander (@JustinVerlander) January 20, 2014"

That is all I have to say about that.... (with apologies and attribution to Forrest)  ;)

Oh, well, on to baseball....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

nvrbdn

sherman to espn:

if our team would have know before the game that the last play would be a sail pass toward me, we would have worn our championship hats before the game. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

i think he is hillarious.  didnt piss me off, gave me a good laugh. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

He plays with a chip on his shoulder.  Afterall, when he played for SF's coach Harbaugh @ "Stanford", supposedly the coach didn't have glowing reviews for him prior to the draft & he ended up falling to the 5th round.  The brother went to Stanford & talks very smart (if that makes sense).

I hate the showboaters who can't back it up (RexRyan anyone?).  I want to hate Sherman but he backs his talk up on the field.

Go Seahawks!!!!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: The70RT on January 20, 2014, 02:47:07 PM
I am not going for anyone.....Chiefs fans don't go for Denver.....no matter what! So Peyton don't get another ring...wip-de-doo.

I used to think that way, but you need to support your division. Manning without a doubt is a awesome quarterback.  I'm mad at him for not coming to KC, but it was his choice.  You got to give credit where credit is due.  GO DENVER

rick@laysons

The Seahawks feed on the haters and nay-sayers. It's what keeps their "edge".

After all, according to all the sports pundits out there, our receivers are just "average pedestrian" types, our defense is "over-rated", and our quarterback is an "under-achiever" who isn't tall enough to see where he's throwing.

So be it.

Keep rootin for Denver, it's not like the Hawks won't use it for motivation. :D

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 21, 2014, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 20, 2014, 02:47:07 PM

I used to think that way, but you need to support your division. Manning without a doubt is a awesome quarterback.  I'm mad at him for not coming to KC, but it was his choice.  You got to give credit where credit is due.  GO DENVER

You know why?  According to the story I heard, a while back when Peeholy was still in charge & we were in Denver playing, Clark supposedly stayed behind & had a one on one conversation with Peyton.   My understanding was Peeholy sent Peyton a note simply saying only "3years/50 million"

Now I don't know that the numbers' are correct but Peyton didn't like the fact Peeholy took for granted all he cared about was the money.  

There was no way Pee was gonna replace his hand picked QB in Matt Cassel.  If he did that he'd be admitting to making a mistake & his ego is too large for that.  That's why there was never a back up QB in KC that worth a damn.  I mean Tyler Palko...c'mon.  What happened to him after that season?  Yep, grocery store clerk.

-Anyone hear that Peeholy was being considered to replace the GM in Miami?  That is until Carl Peterson got the chance to talk to Miami owner Ross to let him know what Pee had done to the front office not just the team.

-Also, this has been on the down low.  KC signed punt & kick returner Joe McKnight & some other dude.  I love this new GM Dorsey, he's been lifting every rock he comes across trying to find players.  With this signing it sends a strong message to the Dexter McCluster camp.  Just as well, I never cared for him anyways.  It's just too bad since he'll be the wasted Tony Gonzales compensation draft pick.

RallyeMike

I think anyone judging an entire team based on the actions of one young excited player is as short sighted as Sherman was in making his over-the-top comments. I too thought Sherman wasnt too classy, but they don't pay these guys millions to be classy. Its part of the game.

The twist that a lot of folks are missing is that Seattle, KC, Denver, SD and Raiders all used to be in the AFC West together before they booted Seattle to the NFC West. Seattle and Denver had a long standing rivalry back then with lots of hair-raising games and hard-fought battles. The Superbowl is the chance to settle this old rivalry in a way that never could have been settled before when both teams played in the same division. Pretty exciting stuff for long time Denver and Seattle fans.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

472 R/T SE

Yeah I miss those days as I was always guaranteed a game a year that I could watch my team up here.  I had only lived up here a couple years before Seattle went to the NFC & ruined it all for me.

The AFC West plays the NFC West next season but it's Seattle's turn to play in Missouri so I have to wait another 4 years. 

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RallyeMike

QuoteIt's about time the REAL story comes out.......

http://q13fox.com/2014/01/22/hell-of...#axzz2rFsC0vgN

:smilielol:

How does something he said earlier (and privately to one player) change the story that he was pretty much an ass on national TV after the game was over?
Maybe he said his prayers in the morning too. So what? He still made an ass of himself on national TV. Story over.

Go Seawawks!

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

A383Wing