News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

I grew up in STL. 

I'm thrilled the Rams are leaving.  They have been a parasite sucking money & enthusiasm away from STL's two real local sports teams and not even giving a few wins back in return.  Good riddance. 

The Rams say they need a new stadium?  They've been in a new stadium all this time.  STL built it just for them in 1995.  That's the one they are bitching about now.  They act like a kid who brings home flunking grades and blames it on his allowance being too small. 

nvrbdn

Hit that nail on the head. I live right here. Went to a few games, mainly when the Chiefs are here, and am glad the crap is finally over. Stan constantly complained that he needed to be ruler of the world and the St. Louis people just kept offering it to him.

See ya Stan......  Don't let the door hit you in the ..........................................................................
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

I have mixed feelings on this. I've been a Raiders fan since I was 4 years old (that's 31 years, bee tee dubs), even after they left L.A. and went back to Oakland in 95. I was hoping they'd come back. Kinda bummed out they're not..I can still root for them as long as they're in California...but if they move to San Antonio or STL, it's gonna be rough.

My guess is that they move in with the Niners. London is a logistical nightmare, San Antonio is too small a market and no plan for a new stadium, and Mexico's stadiums (with two exceptions) are even more ancient than the Oakland Coliseum.

Beyond that, I like the Rams. I mean, they were also the L.A. Rams at some point. I got no love for the Chargers...and it sucks for them, bc based on the reactions Im seeing, the Chargers are already second fiddle, bc everybody is exited about the Rams.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ACUDANUT

How can both the Chargers and Rams share one stadium in L.A ?  :scratchchin:

Mike DC

QuoteHow can both the Chargers and Rams share one stadium in L.A ?

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 14, 2016, 04:00:16 AM
How can both the Chargers and Rams share one stadium in L.A ?  :scratchchin:

The Jets/Giants do it, and theyre in a big market city as well.  Im guessing the main impetus for this is so that they can split the cost of building the stadium. Beyond that, i dont think L.A. fans, as bandwagonny as we are (unless its the Lakers or Dodgers), will support two teams once the novelty wears off. Stadium sharinv has been done in other sports (lakers/clippers) but a) an arena needs less people to fill it and b) Clippers games were half empty, until they started getting good a few years ago.

My guess is that 2-3 years in, practically every Chargers game will be half empty or filled w transplants rooting for the visiting team.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

472 R/T SE

Interview with Baby Davis & he mentions their lease has ended.  He says he didn't know where they were gonna play?  

I even heard mention of Portland Raiders.   :eek2:

The NFC West is now logistically correct.  All the teams are on the left coast.

nvrbdn

here is a great face book post

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Uh oh, Davis owns land in San Antonio. 

Can you say arm pit of North America, San Antonio Raiders, wow.   Doesn't even sound right.   :rotz:

nvrbdn

well that sucked. the announcers were in love with the Pats. all I got to say.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 16, 2016, 08:10:28 PM

x2  :brickwall:

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 16, 2016, 08:10:28 PM

How many TDs did the announcers have?

ACUDANUT

They were one sided. They clearly were only excited about one team.  :Twocents:
Oh well, were out.

472 R/T SE

As Chief fans this should not be surprising.  Chiefs have always been small market.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 17, 2016, 11:59:01 AM
They were one sided. They clearly were only excited about one team.  :Twocents:
Oh well, were out.

And that affected the outcome of the game...how?

nvrbdn

The announcers were just one sided in all of their conversation. Did it have anything to do with the out come of the game? No it didn't. Just made it a bit rough to have sound during the game. Like listening to "Joe Buck" when you are trying to follow the play. Certain broadcasters drive me away. If I have an option to tune in the radio and ditch the broadcaster I do. This was not the only game where the broadcasters acted this way. In another game they were complaining when they thought the other team should be penalized for something, but would not discuss a situation when it would have gone against the team they were rooting for. If I listen to a local broadcaster announcing on a local channel for their team, I expect these actions. But not on a national broadcast. These people are supposed to be able to just call the action.

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Joe Buck?  No favoritism in any of his broadcasts, sure.  Imo, he's one of the worst.   :icon_smile_big:

Give me someone who will call a game fair with a little edge towards the Chiefs, Trent Green.

I like listening to Gruden cause he's quick to diagnose plays & formations & then explains what they wanted to do or how successful it was.  Out of all the announcers he's the only one I ever hear doing that.  I can't help but learn something whenever watching him & Torico.

nvrbdn

I agree with Gruden. He always likes to break down the plays.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

All of the relocation & possibilities affect KC.  I guess Indianapolis already started trying to woo St. Louis fans.  Hunt said business as usual & that they are aware they can broaden their fanbase by reaching out to St. Louis but he wants to wait for a bit.  He said their fans emotions are too raw for now & that he thought they might need some time.  He was the only owner who voted against St. Louis moving to LA.

Baby face Davis is sort of in the drivers seat now.  San Diego has until March 23 to commit for the 2016 season & Jan. 15, 2017 is their deadline for deciding on a move to LA.
Sounds like Davis is ready to pounce on San Diego if they decide to move north, with the promise of new stadium.  If San Diego declines LA, Davis will move there.  Regardless, it sounds as though they're leaving Oakland for sure, which imo sucks.  But that stadium is suppose to be garbage?  Idk, St. Louis was playing in a stadium built in '95 & ol' Stan was bitching.  That was before the explosion in luxury suites.
I think SD should wait it out & stay where they're at.  Let Oakland go back to LA.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

Philip Rivers is not happy.   :D  I don't blame him.  It's not cause I think ill of the team so much as it's a frickin' rival in the same division for crying out loud. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25459748/report-raiders-would-pounce-on-san-diego-if-chargers-leave-for-la

Report: Raiders would 'pounce' on San Diego if Chargers leave for L.A.
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
January 23, 2016 4:33 pm ET

The city of San Diego might not be left out in the cold if the Chargers decide to make the move to Los Angeles.
According to the New York Daily News, the Raiders would "pounce" on the opportunity to move to San Diego if the Chargers decide to leave, which means this billion-dollar game of relocation musical chairs should be wrapped up sometime in the next 12 months.

If the Chargers are going to move to Los Angeles, they have to make that decision by Jan. 15, 2017, which gives them roughly 12 months to negotiate a partnership with Stan Kroenke and the Rams for a spot in Inglewood, California.
A possible decision could come before that though, because the Chargers only have until March 23 to decide if they're going to move to L.A. for the 2016 season. If the Chargers decide to make the move sometime in the next two months, that will open the door for a Raiders move to San Diego.

Sending the Raiders to play in the city their division rivals occupied for 55 years might sound crazy, but it actually makes a lot of sense.

For one, jilted fans in San Diego would probably jump on the chance to support the Raiders, who would theoretically host the L.A. Chargers at least once per season, as long as both teams remain in the AFC West.

Another plus for the Raiders is that they already have a large Southern California fan base because they spent 13 seasons in L.A. (1982-94) before moving back to Oakland in 1995.

Also, it's believed the NFL wants to remain in San Diego, which is why the league has offered to throw in an extra $100 million on a stadium if the Chargers decide to stay. If the Chargers turn that money down, the Raiders would likely also be allowed to use it in San Diego.

The biggest plus for the Raiders though is that it might not cost very much to move. According to the Daily News, the NFL would consider waiving the Raiders' relocation fee because they'd be handing the league a lucrative open market in Oakland.

NFL teams could then use Oakland the same way that L.A. was used over the past 20 years: as leverage in any stadium deal.

As for San Diego, the city currently has a $1.1 billion stadium plan that would require $121 million in contributions from both county and city taxpayers for a total of $242 million.

The city would also chip in another $225 million by selling land around Qualcomm Stadium. The rest of the money would come from the team that plays there and the NFL, with the league now promising a total of $300 million.

That would leave the Chargers or Raiders on the hook for about $333 million of stadium costs. That number would be almost perfect for Davis, who said in May 2015 that he could chip in about $300 million in stadium costs.

Davis' money doesn't help him in Oakland because there's no public money available, and the Raiders still need to find about $400 million more to cover the costs of the proposed stadium on top of the $300 million they've already offered.

If the Raiders do move to San Diego, there will be at least one Chargers player who wouldn't be thrilled to see them there: Philip Rivers.

"That one is going to get me a little nauseated, to be honest with you," Rivers said of a Raiders move this week on Mighty 1090-AM in San Diego. "The thought of that one is a little sickening. That one is hard to stomach. It's hard enough thinking about moving."

The Raiders' lease in Oakland has expired, so the team is technically free to play anywhere in 2016, as long as they can get NFL approval.

As for the Chargers, if they decide to stay in San Diego, you can bet the Raiders will pounce on the opportunity to join the Rams in L.A.

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL & DON'T QUOTE THIS, PLEASE.  THANK YOU

ACUDANUT

Topic is very old, But We are going to the Super Bowl, after 50 Years.   GO CHIEFS  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

JB400

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

I am really Glad not see Boston (Neeew England) in the Bowl again.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: