News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger Jack, correct paint

Started by calchargerRT, October 02, 2005, 05:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calchargerRT

I saw a thread the other day about restoring bumper jacks but can't find it now. I have a 1970 Charger RT. Seems like a gray on Base and Mechanism, should I just sand the shaft bare and clear coat or paint it with a silver (which one)? Thanks

Ian

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used Hammerite's hammered metal finish on the post and used light grey primer with clear over it for the base & mechanism......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

calchargerRT

Thanks Chris thats what I was looking for! Do you have a source to decode the Jack's? I have one with 7 B on base and 9 G on mechanism, and another with only the base marked,   3  J. I know people decode these but I have never been able to find the source.

I just scored what is supposed to be a 1964 Jack but it looks like  a correct Charger one with the little bumps on shaft.  Got to fake it better than paying $300 for the right one!

Ian

Just 6T9 CHGR

I do not know the decoding of the mechanisms or bases.     I do know that the 68-70 Charger jack is Charger only and will not be the same on any other year/model car.

Tell tale signs are the solid triangular post and corresponding base, the flat, welded pad on the mechanism which is non removeable like on some other jacks.

I have been told by a guy that had a 68 Hemi Charger that the 68 jack mechanisms were different than the 69-70....I peered into his trunk and could NOT tell the difference

:Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T