News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

home made rotisserie?

Started by tkkruzer, December 07, 2007, 01:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkkruzer

anybody here ever build one and do you have any plans you could post? I would like to build one , I have a welder,torches and knowledge, but no plans. any ideas? thanx  :2thumbs: Tom

70 Charger RT

I used two engine stands by cutting them each in half (square risers)(about mid height) and extending the height of the rotary part by about 2' using 2" square steel (high enough to allow clearance for the car to turn without hitting the floor).  Then I built brackets extending out from the bumper mounts to one bar that connects up to the rotary part of the engine stand.  I welded in a few gusset plates at the bottom of the stands for additional support.   It's not overly stable but it works.  If I had to do it again, I would spend a little more time finding the neutral plane so that I wasn't bottom heavy (or top heavy).

Does my brief explanation confuse you?

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

dodgecharger-fan

Yep.

I built one based off of ChargerBill's plans, but with a few changes to the design - mostly due to the material to which I had access.

I have the plans that I drew up using Bill's as a guide.

They are in pdf format and I've posted them here: www.niagaramopars.com/images/rotisserie.pdf

I would suggest the you use this as a guide because we made some changes as we went along - again mainly based on available materials and tools to work with.

The car has been on it for over 2 years now and now problems at all.

I can spin it myself, but there are angles where I have hold it from swinging too quickly - but I can do that myself without any concern.

I'll resize some pictures and post them for you.

Good luck with yours.

dodgecharger-fan

here ya go: http://www.niagaramopars.com/gallery/v/rotisserie/
Let me know if you can see it or not.

There's a few other pics mixed in there.

I did that lift myself. For those of you watching, I ended up not using that farm jack for the front end..
I had tried it in a previous attempt with 2 of my brothers helping and it was scary! I ended up holding the front end of the car up while standing inside the engine bay because as they lifted the back end, the front frame rails came off the jackstands.. with that farm jack supporting just the middle, the front start see-sawing from side to side.

My point: If you have a lift, use it to raise the car up so you can attach the rotisserie.
If you try anything else, ensure you lift the 4 corners - or at least three points in a triangle - so you don't tip sideways.
Of course if you can re-jig the design to get the rotisserie's pivot point and mounting arms down low enough to bolt to the car at ride height - even better.
There's a guy that posted on Eastwood's forums that had built a setup like that but he's never posted the plans.

I am about to add a connecting piece to tie the front and back pieces together - in preparation for moving the whole thing out of the garage and into a trailer.
I should have that done this week.

Charger-Bodie

there are some pics of my homemade rotisserie in the thread about my car, heres a link: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21037.msg228860.html#msg228860
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Alain426

hi, take a look at mine, unfortunatly, i sell it with my last projet (charger r/t 71)

but it looks like the dodge charger fan rotisserie

its impossible for me to give you dimension cause i dont own it anymore, but enjoy the conception

i made it the lowest as possible, to clear my garage roof cause its was not so high, when the car was a 90 degre, the bottom tubing was flush to the body, and the body was flush to the roof

http://public.fotki.com/mopar/automobile/mopar_monde_automobile/charger-1/page18.html
http://public.fotki.com/mopar/automobile/mopar_monde_automobile/charger-1/page17.html

tkkruzer

:yesnod: now thats what i'm talking about. thank you guys for the info, do you guys remember how much you spent on the rotisserie's ? now I can get my supplies together and get busy :2thumbs:  thanx all , Tom

dukeboy_318

heres a link to more plans, my dad is currently working on this as we speak,  http://www.autobody101.com/downloadhere.php
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Roth68rt

Here are some plans I found on the internet and modified to suit my needs.  It's made from 2 Harbor Freight cherry pickers and some tube material.  Total cost, less than $500.00. 

Steve

six-tee-nine

Some  GREAT ideas here    :popcrn:    :popcrn:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

DodgeByDave

excellent timing, as I am looking for these ideas

DC.com once again delivers   :cheers:
III, we are everywhere

bzabodyn

www.69hemi.com also has instructions under the "rotisserie" section...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack