News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Easy way to get front hood bumper screws out?

Started by Blakcharger440, October 02, 2005, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

What is a good way to get the rubber hood bumper screws out? It seems that the factory installed them very tight and have a small amount of surface rust on them...but these screws should come out easy...but they will not. Any good tips to get them out?

If there is any confusion as to what I am referring to they are the front hood bumpers that are located on each front fender.

Ghoste

I've never found them too easy to turn but they likely get set once and then never touched again.   If you can't get them with a big ass screwdriver, you might have to pry off the bumper and use good old vice grips.

kab69440

Soak the threads well with PB B'Laster, and strike your impact driver firmly. Use the #3 Philips bit.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

blackcharger

Quote from: kab69440 on October 02, 2005, 07:22:04 PM
Soak the threads well with PB B'Laster, and strike your impact driver firmly. Use the #3 Philips bit.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

worked for me, I was ready for the blue flame!
Dave