News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GROUP BUY new hood ind lights from B/E&A !! Nice !!! Take a look!

Started by Charger-Bodie, December 09, 2007, 11:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Mike from B/E&A sent me my new hood indicator light kit the other day, and I thought id share them with all of you (the pics ,not the lights there all mine)
  They are a very very nice reproduction, much nicer than the others that we have had access to. Each part of the assembly is made correctly not milled from a solid chunk or any of that. the lenses are nice and already painted flat black like they should be.

The harness , the sockets , and the terminal plugs are also right on!

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

xs29j8Bullitt

I just sent my first order to Mike for items for my C500 restoration, including the hood t/sig indicator set...  :2thumbs:

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Charger-Bodie

Just 6T9 CHGR

pretty nice.  I got mine back in the day from Charger Specialties.  They have the stud & nut set up.  You would think that any company that goes through the hassle & money to repro a part would do it right.....why use Phillips head screws?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

JimShine

So long as they used a machine screw, you should be able to make it correct with little effort. The studs unscrew from the stock ones and are a simple machine screw with no head. I had to make two for my set. Just get the right thread (for you guitar guys, it is the same screw as a USA Fender Strat and tele pickup screw), grind the head off and put a nut on it.

bull

Just 6T9 CHGR

$200 clams & YOU have to make it right???  Not knocking them at all buuuttt....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

I guess my feelings on it is that the only thing wrong with these is the only thing right with the charger specialitys units real easy deal.

JimShine

I wondered the same thing when I had to deal with repop valence corners, incorrect aspects in new front valences, excess plastic in the big money plastic interior back window trim, huge money for barebones dash harness, incorrect looking plating on gas caps, corny arm rests, the list goes on. I NEVER expect a reproduction part for a Mopar to be perfect. I am jaded to the point I expect to hear a list of issues and for these just to have a problem with a simple mounting stud is not bad.

resq302

Maybe I am wrong, but didn't they originally have a rubber boot that went over the light socket where it went into the directional housing?  I know both of my light socket rubber boots are there.  Kind of dried out and starting to fall apart, but they are there.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BEAPARTS

Holy crap, now that's an butt woopin.  I realize the set sent to 1HOT68 isn't correct, I only had them in my hands long enough to send them out to replace the set he sent me to reproduce from.  Brian and I already had the discussion about the studs and they will be in the production assemblies.

The production pieces will be here at my shop in the next 30 minutes or so, if they come in with cheesy screws they will be changed.  NO drama allowed.

I'm on it! :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 10, 2007, 11:41:46 AM
Holy crap, now that's an butt woopin.  I realize the set sent to 1HOT68 isn't correct, I only had them in my hands long enough to send them out to replace the set he sent me to reproduce from.  Brian and I already had the discussion about the studs and they will be in the production assemblies.

The production pieces will be here at my shop in the next 30 minutes or so, if they come in with cheesy screws they will be changed.  NO drama allowed.

now thats the way to run a buisness and what we like to hear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 10, 2007, 11:41:46 AM

Michael, I expected nothing less.  :cheers: to you & your company!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

six-tee-nine

Not cheap but i like the way they look....

Will be putting them on my list of things to get........should better make a list of things i DON'T need that's maybe less work.... :eyes:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

resq302

Michael, is there a chance that your company will be making the rubber boot that the wire goes through and goes over the socket and housing?  Not that our cars will see any kind of rain or bad weather, but I think that is why Mopar had them installed, to prevent any rusting of the socket and housing.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BEAPARTS

Quote from: resq302 on December 10, 2007, 03:53:43 PM
Michael, is there a chance that your company will be making the rubber boot that the wire goes through and goes over the socket and housing?  Not that our cars will see any kind of rain or bad weather, but I think that is why Mopar had them installed, to prevent any rusting of the socket and housing.

Rubber boot? Did we miss something?  I want to know, I want answers now!  Just kidding, if there is a boot on the wire I would need one.  The set 1HOT68 gave me didn't have the boot.

resq302

Mike,

PM me and I will see if I can get my whole wire, boot, and socket off as a unit and send it to you.

Brian
Brian

8WHEELER

Quote from: resq302 on December 10, 2007, 08:36:22 PM
Mike,

PM me and I will see if I can get my whole wire, boot, and socket off as a unit and send it to you.

Brian

Snap a picture of it for us, I don't know what boot you could be talking about?

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

HITMAN 149

$200 clams is about right for what i have seen from other places!!! those look real nice!!!
a set is on my wish list!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bill440rt

Michael, those look really nice!

Guys, the ones Charger Specialties are selling are $220, BE/A's already look nicer & are less expensive. I'm in for a set in the distant future, that's for sure. Unless, of course, a group buy becomes available.  :D

I'm not so sure about the rubber boot thing, I've never seen the boots before. Is there anything showing up for boots in either a FSM or original parts book??  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

skip68

I need some too.  Soooo if anyone wants to know what to get me for X-mas...... :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

justin1987