News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GROUP BUY new hood ind lights from B/E&A !! Nice !!! Take a look!

Started by Charger-Bodie, December 09, 2007, 11:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Hey, I just noticed, that was my "LUCKY" post! 777!!!
C'mon, I feel lucky now!!!!!  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

these are from the white 68 survivor that belongs to dc.com member "drodg" Thanks again for the pics!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

I just got my set in yesterday. Not only does Mike offer a great product, but the box was still smokin' from how fast it got here! Whew!! That's some fast shipping! Thanks, Mike!!!

If I could ask for anything else with these lights, is that is does not appear the clips that hold the wires to the hood underside are included. No biggie, as I'm very pleased with the quality of the assemblies themselves. It would just make the kit that much more complete.

It looks like those boots might be legit after all, we got 2 survivor cars shown here that have them. One a '68, the other a '69.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

And one that is not a survivor, just stood the test of time.... :yesnod:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

HITMAN 149

got my box from SANTA MIKE a lil while ago!!!  :2thumbs:
i'll open it up tomorrow... i gotta get ready for work... sighhhhh ::)
thanks mike!!! :cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on December 18, 2007, 09:22:15 PM
And one that is not a survivor, just stood the test of time.... :yesnod:

Ahhh, yes. A THIRD!!  :yesnod:

Not that I was doubting these boots, I just never saw them before. They were long gone on my '68.

Not sure if this means back to the drawing board for good 'ole Mike, but I can attest first hand that these assemblies are waaay better than the current ones out there. Especially the lenses!
Excellent job!  :2thumbs:

resq302

Bill,

The pass side boot on my light socket either had torn or the rotting got so bad that it literally fell off.  I found some liquid electrical tape and since it was hidden a littile, I use that to hold the boot together to the socket.  The driver side was in excellent shape comparatively speaking with only a little dry rot around the part where the wire goes.  That one is now off of the car..... :icon_smile_wink:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

dodgecharger-fan

My car had the boots on them.

I'd pay the extra for them.

I can't say that I've looked under tha many hoods, but in my mind, those boots are always there....

You posted the group buy on the 13th and sais "this week" is still THAT week?  :icon_smile_big:

HITMAN 149

hmmmmm i was sleeping yesterday, when i was awoken (around 7 PMish.. i work midnights) by a phone call saying that my credit card was declined or something of that sort for parts i had ordered from BE&A??? so i got up got my card & gave them the CC# over again.. as i turns out they had last last 2 or 3 digits wrong??? ok no prob....
so now i get up around 9:30 or so to start getting ready for work & i check my emails.... well i have one saying that there was a delivery confirmation to my porch @ 6:00 pm or so???? uhhhhh?? so i go out to my porch (which is enclosed...) and low & behold... there is this lil box from SANTA MIKE!!!! LOL!!! wellllll i was impressed.... especially of the fact that i had already gotten my hood lights... and technically they weren't even paid for!!!!!! (Credit card # snafu?!?!?) 
SOOOOOOOOOO a BIG  :cheers: and  :2thumbs: for SANTA MIKE & his CREW (elfs) at BE&A!!!!!!!!! now where do you ever find that kinda cust svc!?!?!?!? you get your product ( GREAT Product BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!) that you didn't even reallly pay for yet!!!! LOL!!!
thanks again mike!!!!!!
and yea i'd be interested in the "LIL rubber boot thingies" also!!! LOL
-JOHN
1st time & soooon to be repeat customer!!!!  :cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

BMOTOXSTAR

They are a great bunch of guys.
Thanks for the 3rd gen shifter plate B/E&A. :2thumbs:
B/E&A, The Advent callendares from the open house rock. Only a few pieces of Chocolate left till the round man comes down the wood burner stove chimney. :cheers:.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

charge-it

That boot is on my original hood turn signals on my 68 Charger. To me it looks like some sort of heat shrink tubing rather than a rubber boot. The electrical dept. at the shipyard I work at uses lots of it and it comes in many different sizes. Seems to me that would only add a very miniscule amount to the cost of these lights. So many of Mikes parts are 100% correct, so why not these? If you decide to add the "rubber boots, count me in for a set.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

BEAPARTS

I don't know what I was thinking, my buddie has a 27k 69 survivor and you'll never guess what I found? You guessed it, rubber boots.  They are definitely injected rubber and not a shrink tubing. The rubber is very thin, what might of happened is the engine heat dried them out and they turned into a rock, cracked and fell off.  One side was on his car, the other was half gone and really hard.  That doesn't mean some cars may not of had them, who knows?

I'M ON IT!!!!!!!!!

We will be offering the rubber boots separately.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 20, 2007, 11:39:20 AM

How can the boots be installed after the wiring harness is assembled?  ???  KY  :shruggy:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

justin1987

I got mine last night. Great quality! I can't wait to get the car back and put these bad boys on.  :cheers:

resq302

Allen,

In order to get my boot off to send it to "Santa", I unsoldered the contact from the wire that goes into the socket and then slide the spring and socket off and then slid the rubber boot off.  Pretty easy or at least it seemed that way.  Hardest part was trying to get the wire up and through the frame work of the hood.  I played it smart though, I tied a piece of string to the wire before I pulled the wire out so all I have to do when I get my new boots is to tie the wire to the string and pull the string back through with the wire. :coolgleamA:
Brian

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: resq302 on December 20, 2007, 06:17:53 PM
Allen,

In order to get my boot off to send it to "Santa", I unsoldered the contact from the wire that goes into the socket and then slide the spring and socket off and then slid the rubber boot off.  Pretty easy or at least it seemed that way.  Hardest part was trying to get the wire up and through the frame work of the hood.  I played it smart though, I tied a piece of string to the wire before I pulled the wire out so all I have to do when I get my new boots is to tie the wire to the string and pull the string back through with the wire. :coolgleamA:

Thanks Brian, that's what I thought would be the best approach too, but it might be a problem for some folks.  I guess Plan B might be to slice the part of the boot that goes over the wire, then install with heat shrink tubing over that area.  I'll get my soldering iron heated up... :thumbs:  Good idea on the string, but someone previously removed the lights from my hood...  :P

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

resq302

Mine were not in the car when I got it.  Try a straightend coat hanger or a "snake" wire that they use for running wires in walls and such. :icon_smile_wink:
Brian

dodgecharger-fan

I'll be adding those to my wish list then.

I think I could save a lot of time by having my pay redirected straight to BE/A...  :icon_smile_big:

charge-it

I don't know what I was thinking, my buddie has a 27k 69 survivor and you'll never guess what I found? You guessed it, rubber boots.  They are definitely injected rubber and not a shrink tubing. The rubber is very thin, what might of happened is the engine heat dried them out and they turned into a rock, cracked and fell off.  One side was on his car, the other was half gone and really hard.  That doesn't mean some cars may not of had them, who knows?

I'M ON IT!!!!!!!!!

Mike as soon as the sets come with the " rubber boot" installed, ship me a set. You already have all of my info. And yes, I`m one of Santa`s little helpers, LOL!
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

dodgecharger-fan

Got my "pre-boot" set this morning along with a few other parts.

They look great! I'm glad I was able to be Santa's Little Helper!

Great service, too!

I have the boots, upper door pads, and probably a lot more on my wish list!

Charger Steve

How do I contact B/E & A to order a set of these? Any one out there got thier address?
Charger Steve

resq302

Brian