News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How come no one ever clones 500s?

Started by bull, September 29, 2005, 01:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 29, 2005, 11:36:49 PM
It's all painted and the new hemi and tranny are sitting there ready and I just can't find the time or energy to finish it. I got bored with it before it was completed.

GOT BORED W/ A HEMI???   I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM!!!    :bawling: :ahum: :violin:

BigBlockSam

i've found that when that happens to me i put it aside and get into something else. time passes and i get back into it again. variety is the spice of life my friend. enjoy what you got. or you could sell me that boring r/t se and get a roller to daytona out.    :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

To be honest, if I hadn't bought the 69 runner, the 69 bee and the 69 R/T SE from a good friend, I would sell them all and go buy a real superbird (could never afford a daytona). The tranny is slipping on the runner, the left rear brake is grabbing on the bee and the brake pedal is real soft on the charger. I haven't had time to drive either of the cudas since we drove back from Branson in August. I need to hire a full time maintenance man just to keep these cars in running condition.
Actually, I plan to put the hemi and tranny in the convert as soon as I get the lift free. I need to do that and drive it before I put the front sheet metal on. That way the car will be settled and I won't have to re-align the doors and fenders later. A trick that I learned the hard way.
At least I may have the 63's and the 71 scamp sold. Now to start selling off some trans ams.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 29, 2005, 09:39:11 AM
hi guys
i thik it's cause the wing   and nose is what makes a daytona clone so desireable. there a nice 500 grill on ebay right now. all you guys that have a vega plug and are thinking of installing it on a 2nd gen charger. think twice. i'm in the middle of mine now. it doesn't fit without modifyinng the sails. it is not just a drop in. lay the hatch on the back of your charger you'll see what i mean. Rene

Hey, call me. You do not have to do anything to the sails if you cut the plug right. If you do it the way I have done it all you have to do is weld in the gap at the top.

Daytona Guy

If you make it to thirdbase - why not just head for home.  ;D

bull

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Daytona Guy

bull

Now wouldn't it be cool to somehow make a removeable window plug that somehow blended in but could be removed without damage to the sail panels? Plus an easily detachable nose and wing so you could have a Daytona one day, a regular Charger the next and a 500 the day after that? There's a project for you to work on, Dane.

Ghoste

Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 30, 2005, 11:46:06 AM
If you make it to thirdbase - why not just head for home.   ;D

lol  I still like the 500 better.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img