News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet clone on ebay

Started by BigBlockSam, December 21, 2007, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 25, 2007, 02:27:23 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 24, 2007, 03:15:08 PM
Quote  This has got to be the dumbest pissing match in the history of the internet. 

:yesnod:  maybe not the dumbest but it's up there .  :brickwall:

no kidding.............

I don't see what the big deal is? :shruggy: I mean most of you are on Moparts as well, right? Now there's a place where pissing matches happen on the regular. The only thing I find disturbing in this thread, is that I was linked to Larry somehow.  :eek2: :lol:

Lighten up people, nobody is pissed at anybody.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Chris G. on December 25, 2007, 09:54:45 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 25, 2007, 02:27:23 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 24, 2007, 03:15:08 PM
QuoteThis has got to be the dumbest pissing match in the history of the internet. 

:yesnod:  maybe not the dumbest but it's up there .  :brickwall:

no kidding.............

I don't see what the big deal is? :shruggy: I mean most of you are on Moparts as well, right? Now there's a place where pissing matches happen on the regular. The only thing I find disturbing in this thread, is that I was linked to Larry somehow.  :eek2: :lol:

Lighten up people, nobody is pissed at anybody.

That's what I was referring to Chris, Larry's uninformed comment. I would never link you two together... It's not his fault he didn't know Ed's intentions on building the Daytona...

Quote from: daytonalo on December 21, 2007, 01:38:40 PM
It is , but you say their all nice !!!!!!

And this one's not?

Quote from: moparstuart on December 21, 2007, 02:00:47 PM
  no plug, painted rear bumper. 70 r/t door scoopes,     shouldnt bring the 45 k starting bid , and that doesnt meet reserve ?

Was never intended to get one, it's the '70' version.

Again, I'd drive that car anywhere and it would look great next to Dana..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy :  MERRY CHRISTMAS Ya'll
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

70 version of what ??? Oh yea , the car that never was ??

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on December 25, 2007, 01:46:53 PM
70 version of what ??? Oh yea , the car that never was ??

Exactly !!!!!!  Whew.. Glad we have that cleared up........  Seems the '70 Daytona myth has won much Mopar validation as a cool "concept" since it's been widely excepted and publicized via National Mopar publications with the help of Mike over at Dayclona.. Ed's '70 "Daytona" was cool before its time.......  Thanks Mike...

Troy

See everyone, this isn't a pissing contest, it's a celebration of a VERY COOL car..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

FOR THE RECORD . I HAVE ONE MORE FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big: IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS DONE RECENT WORK ON A DAYTONA ???????

Ghoste

Larry, on Christmas we're all your friend. :icon_smile_big:  Have you been doing anything to yours lately?

daytonalo

STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!I'M TEARING UP !!!!!!! I HIRED MY FRIEND WHO IS A INCREDIBLE BODY GUY TO HELP ME GET GET MY CAR READY FOR PAINT .

LARRY

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on December 25, 2007, 05:06:50 PM
STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!I'M TEARING UP !!!!!!! I HIRED MY FRIEND WHO IS A INCREDIBLE BODY GUY TO HELP ME GET GET MY CAR READY FOR PAINT .

LARRY

Simply amazing... We start talking about my friend's '70 and we're getting all mushy........

Troy
Troy

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger-Bodie

LARRY

Whats up with that? I thought you had you're own body shop, and that you did you're own body work. :scratchchin:  :shruggy:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on December 25, 2007, 06:13:15 PM

LARRY

Whats up with that? I thought you had you're own body shop, and that you did you're own body work. :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

Ah oh..............  ratted out....   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

pettybird

Quote from: daytonalo on December 25, 2007, 04:47:06 PM
FOR THE RECORD . I HAVE ONE MORE FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big: IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS DONE RECENT WORK ON A DAYTONA ???????

I changed the oil and the alternator belt a couple months back...does that count?

ooh ooh!  and I put plugs in one of the 'birds!  Do I get extra credit?

69_500

Nope no extra credit for working on a Bird, he was asking only about Daytona's. And lets see here I'm pretty sure 3Daytona has done work recently on a Daytona, and I'm guessing that Wingman has done at least something to his Daytona recently. Does going over and helping a person remove the nose cone from a Daytona count as working on it? Not really working on it, more or less just disassembling it, but I did that 2 days ago.

I will admit though that in 29 years I've never once turned a wrench on a Daytona clone though, or tribute car, or whatever you want to call them.

daytonalo

I do my own body work , but a buddy is coming over to knock it out this week .The three of us are going to get my hunk of Sh-t in paint or at least surfacer . When people see this car it will get us all the work we want .

Larry

A383Wing

Wife & I built ours in garage...had entire car stripped to bare shell except for rear window......does that count?

Bryan   :scratchchin:

BigBlockSam

i moved the dayona wing from my shed to the garage . i think that counts  :shruggy:

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on December 25, 2007, 11:07:47 PM
I do my own body work , but a buddy is coming over to knock it out this week .The three of us are going to get my hunk of Sh-t in paint or at least surfacer . When people see this car it will get us all the work we want .

Larry

Take it from experience, make sure you have the customer service as well.. That'll kill a business faster than a Hemi.... Good luck on your project and look forward in critiquing your work.... You are going to post a thread on the work aren't you?

Good Luck,
Troy
Troy

nascarxx29

Of the 2 alledged so called 70 daytonas.Purple one was mail ordered and dealership built.The green one atlest had manafactures plates and photograhed on Chryslers grounds.Though neither exist.Green was more credability :Twocents:
And source of the picture comes from a chrysler employee thats owns wingcars.Including the 1 of 1 #88 research race car daytona
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

PocketThunder

Quote from: A383Wing on December 25, 2007, 11:58:30 PM
Wife & I built ours in garage...had entire car stripped to bare shell except for rear window......does that count?

Bryan   :scratchchin:

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   I dont know why but that was funny!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 26, 2007, 07:28:59 AM
Of the 2 alledged so called 70 daytonas.Purple one was mail ordered and dealership built.The green one atlest had manafactures plates and photograhed on Chryslers grounds.Though neither exist.Green was more credability :Twocents:
And source of the picture comes from a chrysler employee thats owns wingcars.Including the 1 of 1 #88 research race car daytona
  one of the 70 clones was pictured at daytona In 1970 if i remember correctly ,so it's been around a long time
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

I have outstanding cust skills , yes them to death and tell them only what they want to hear !!! Curse them out after they cleared the parking lot !!!!!!!!I only mix it up around here to raise your blood pressure !!

Larry

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on December 26, 2007, 12:05:17 PM
I have outstanding cust skills , yes them to death and tell them only what they want to hear !!! Curse them out after they cleared the parking lot !!!!!!!!I only mix it up around here to raise your blood pressure !!

Larry

Blood pressure? raised? me??..... Naaaaaa,, after having mortars fall all around me and exploding, common things that used to raise MY pressure have been reduced... As a matter of fact, some things become qutie comical,,, like this. It's nice having you around, every group needs their jokester. But, I must admit,,, it does seem you have the ability to raise pressures............ That's wonderful you have good cust' skills.......  It's needed more and more in this country, it''s starting to lack..........

Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic, Ed's cool '70 Daytona..

T
Troy

daytonalo

NOW IF I COULD LEARN TO WALK UPRIGHT !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on December 26, 2007, 12:37:38 PM
NOW IF I COULD LEARN TO WALK UPRIGHT !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Hold on to a Daytona's horizontal wing while it's moving......... That'll keep that back of your straight.........

HEY ABBOTT !!!!!   :icon_smile_big:
Troy