News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger with wing question??

Started by petercharger, December 20, 2007, 11:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

I bought the car with the superbird wing on it.  I purchased the Vega plug, 70 fenders and hood..all that I need at this time is the nose. My question is since this will be a clone and somewhat they are custom...does the stance of the wing complement the flow of the body?? I personally like the superbird wing..its taller and wider and has a more aggressive look to it...what are your thoughts. thanks
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

69bronzeT5

I think the Daytona looks better on it than a Superbird wing would :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

A383Wing

Here ya go...compare both   :scratchchin:

Bryan

Howie

Daytona wing :Twocents:. But it is your car.

moparstuart

daytona wing   , superbird wing looks too wide,mounts way to far out on the quarter panels
  sell the superbird wing and buy one of danes ,daytona wings and spend the extra money you make on the car .  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I agree...sell the wing and go with the correct wing. That will stop a lot of the criticism that you just know is going to come later. There's at least one guy at every car show that's going to come up to you and proceed to tell you that the car has the wrong wing on it.
As was mentioned earlier, buy one of Dane's new hollow wings.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

difinately go with the daytona wing . i'll trade you an aluminum daytona  wing, wing gaskets and trunk braces for your bird wing . as long as your wing is not fiberglass . i have an extra wing. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

Quote from: 62 Max on December 21, 2007, 09:01:29 AM
Is that an old PA plate? Car looks familiar.

California blue plate--yikes...

69bronzeT5

Wow, I just noticed something...why does the car have TWO gas caps! :o :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

A383Wing

Probably tried to copy the "SuperCharger" show car from the 60's......would be interested to see inside of trunk pics if it has 2 filler tubes.

Bryan

learical1

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 21, 2007, 10:50:12 PM
Wow, I just noticed something...why does the car have TWO gas caps! :o :scratchchin:

Cap on left-most race tracks.
Cap on right-Riverside Raceway. :smilielol:
Bruce

Ghoste

I like the Daytona wing better.  Partly because I'm likely just used to seeing it on the Charger but also I always thought it had a more "all business" look to it.
If you do decide to keep the 'bird wing, whenever you get one of the experts at a show telling you it's wrong, just tell them you know but you had to change because the smaller uprights on the Dodge wing weren't giving you enough directional stability at around 202mph.  :rofl:  They'll just nod.

petercharger

If anyone has a daytonal wing...i will trade for the superbird one..mine is very nice and the car has been stored inside since late 90's. anyways thanks for all the comments...I really appreciate it..thanks peter

Ghoste

And don't be discouraged btw.  You asked so I guess we offered opions.  ;)
It's a great car and I'm sure I could speak for many here if I said we look forward to hearing lots more about it.

billssuperbird

if you are building a daytona put the dayona wing on. i like the car. :2thumbs:   

The70RT

Since the car is gonna be a clone i would leave the other gas cap. I think it is awsome. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A383Wing

Quote from: The70RT on December 22, 2007, 03:28:36 PM
Since the car is gonna be a clone i would leave the other gas cap. I think it is awsome. :Twocents:

Actually, I do too....I thought about doing the same to ours.....

Bryan  (again....thinking hurts)   :scratchchin:

BROCK

Do you have a strait on side view?  The gas cap(s) are moved forward for wing placement?!

Nice car to start with!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

petercharger

here is a side view of the car when I picked it up early last year..someone wanted to see how the gas caps looked...I also liked the dual look.

BigBlockSam

i like the dual gas caps but that wing looks way to big . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing