News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man, 60, sues boy, 8, over ski collision

Started by TruckDriver, December 21, 2007, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I'm no lawyer, but I'd think that by just going out on the ski hill, the guy automatically assumes the risk involved here :rotz:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071221/ap_on_fe_st/odd_child_sued_1
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

What a load of sh!t.  The kids mom was right.

If the guy doesnt want to be bothered by other skiiers then tell him to join the yellowstone club.  If his wife is a doctor then they can probably afford it.  :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

That little bastage should have watched where he's going.

Funny...we get on the old guy's case for suing the kid, but when that kid drives into someone's car and totals it 10 years from now, we'll all be bitching about how kids are reckless and irresponsible and wondering where why he's like that.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

Without witnessing it, how are we to know which one is really at fault.  I agree that you accept risk by the very nature of participating in downhill skiing but anytime I have gone, there have always been young kids who were doing their very best to come as close as possible to other skiers and try to scare them into a fall. 

400/6/PAC

I went to Copper Mountain in 04, my first time to ski.
The kid's seemed ok to me and never did anything wrong.
It's hard to say without seeing what happened.

dkn1997

The kid was 7.  he's supposed to be reckless and wild.  this 60 year old "man"  (if that's what you want to call him) should have surgery to repair his shoulder and while they are in there, remove the rest of his manhood. 
RECHRGED

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

I've been on both the giving and receiving end of one of those collisions.  The receiving happend while I was standing at the top of a run.  A boarder came racing down the hill and never saw me till it was too late.  I tried jumping to avoid him as he sat down to go under me but he clipped out outside leg and really messed it up.  I didn't think I could make it to the bottom of the hill but hey stuff happens.  About a year later I was in the other position.  I like to do what folks call the "Texan."  Put my knees to my chest, point her straight down the hill screaming yee haw the whole way down.  Well I was doing that down a trail that crossed paths with another trail about halfway down.  I was going full tilt when I got to that little intersection and here comes a guy and his wife down the other path.  I couldn't get out of his way quick enough and I clobbered him.  Nobody got hurt too bad so that was good. 

So without being there, whose to say the guy didn't run over the kid or they just met with neither seeing the other.  Stuff happens, especially on the slopes.  And whose to say the guy didn't hurt his shoulder later in a wreck and just blamed the kid for it.  Need more facts...
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.