News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

death proof chargers?

Started by Death1970Proof, December 24, 2007, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death1970Proof

Hello All,

Im new to the board and was wondering if anybody had any more pics of the death proof charger from the film.  Im building a pretty accurate replica except for mine is a 1970 charger. Doing a 1970 -this way will be different as well because Im sure somebody is gonna do a 1969 death proof replica. Either ways I have done extensive research and have discovered by communicating with the studio in Texas that made the film cars up told me that 1968, 1969,and 1970 chargers were used in the film. Also he remembers that 11-12 were made up.  Charger fiends like myself and others will note the 1968 charger valance as well.  I believe also the car used a b&m megashifter, and the steering wheel was a grant GRT-56?? IIRC. Just minor details I've noticed- Racing harness is Simpson, and in a scene or two you can see the car has a blacked out pair of traction bars as well. If anybody remembers the ebay car that was auctioned off- That partcular car was a 1968 according to it's vin #. My project started with a basketcase barn find '70 charger 500 se I scored for $600. Power will be by a 367 small block and 904 auto. Goodnight all and have a merry christmas!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Death1970Proof

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Khyron

Good luck and keep those Movie cars alive  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

chargerus

Ok, here is a pics of my Charger standing in a hall of Moscow cinema. it is a first premiere of Death Proof movie last summer. No black color, no engine, but still very attractive. (and russian girls likes it) :drool5:
1969 Export Charger

TK73

... and I like Russian girls, can you mail a few this way??   :drool5:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

chargerus

No problem :laugh: How about this position?
1969 Export Charger

Death1970Proof

TruckDriver

Quote from: TK73 on December 25, 2007, 11:31:56 AM
... and I like Russian girls, can you mail a few this way??   :drool5:
:iagree: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Russian girls are hot! There was a few times I thought about finding one to bring back here to the U.S. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikesbbody

the russian girls would have been perfect for "chicks on chargers"  :yesnod:

HITMAN 149

:drool5:  ofhaaaaaa!!!   
yea and the car's not bad either!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

The b&w pic that you posted chargerus looks to have the Deathproof skull on the hood but the other two don't.  Admittedly though it's pretty hard to look past the girls to the car so I could just be missing it?

chargerus

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2007, 03:30:02 AM
The b&w pic that you posted chargerus looks to have the Deathproof skull on the hood but the other two don't.  Admittedly though it's pretty hard to look past the girls to the car so I could just be missing it?
These photos were made by various photographers in the same place and time. Maybe, the skull is hard to see behind the pretty girls.
P.S. Skull is a temporary sticker, made exclusively for the premiere of Death Proof
1969 Export Charger

CB

this is my favorit pic

My Charger looks the same except the silly duck (sorry!) , rims, cage and skul.
I like it better this way. Enjoy yours too ;)

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

kylem4711

i almost bought one of the charger shells used for death proof.

got there a little too late though
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Death1970Proof

Quote from: CB on December 26, 2007, 10:15:16 AM
this is my favorit pic

My Charger looks the same except the silly duck (sorry!) , rims, cage and skul.
I like it better this way. Enjoy yours too ;)

CB

Your car looks great! I started out looking for a '69 but couldnt find an affordable one nor can I even afford the 68/69 fenders. Truthfully I love all the 68-69 and 1970's- they are works of art indeed.  I tripped over my '70 500 se for $600. I can live with that..You can see pics on the post pics charger section.   Rock on!  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

If you really want to give that 1970 Charger the '69 looks, just give it some time for the new reproduction '69 front end sheetmetal parts to make their way into the hobby.  Available repros will put a leash on the rising costs of the raggedy used examples.

I think the DP car looks awesome with the cage and the Vector wheels.  Only the duck hood ornament & the painted skull put me off. 

squeakfinder

My Vecter wheels went by by with the other car. :bawling:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

zerfetzen

I'm working on my 69 DPish car (no hood ornament), so I'll just have to hang out and watch :)

:popcrn:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 26, 2007, 05:16:53 PM
If you really want to give that 1970 Charger the '69 looks, just give it some time for the new reproduction '69 front end sheetmetal parts to make their way into the hobby. Available repros will put a leash on the rising costs of the raggedy used examples.

I think the DP car looks awesome with the cage and the Vector wheels. Only the duck hood ornament & the painted skull put me off.

the charger never wore a skull in the move, only in a promo pic that it was photoshopped on :yesnod:

Ghoste

Are you sure?

EDIT:  Never mind Matt, I just checked and you're right, of course.  That's what I get for doubting the movie master.  I apologize.

ChargerSG

There is a guy here in Sweden that claims he got the stuntcars from Deathproof(he bought them before the movie was out). He got 4, 3 68 and one 69. But he havent any papers on it, but 2 of the 68 is totally trashed.

Posting a pic of the 69, im thinking in buying it(he have lowerd the price since he cant prove that thet are from the movie). You can see the other ones in the backround of 69.
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Ghoste

He didn't get the hood ducks?

ChargerSG

Non of the cars i have seen in pictures had the duck, havent checked them  since he lives 435miles from me but if i go there i will surely take some pics....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166